4r100 problem - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2013, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

4r100 problem

Back story:
I had my trans rebuilt about 12000 miles ago, did everything I could to it triple disk converter, trans go kit hds, red eagle rebuilt clutches(8 pack) kit , couple sonnax updates, line pressure increased. all the fun stuff to keep me from pulling the damn thing out again, didn't work.

Problem:
The trans worked flawless for about 12000 miles made a weird shift then it would shift from first to second right. It prolongs out the shift. I had my solus on it, that showed the shift solenoids kicking on and off.
I took the trans back out and found the intermediate clutches and the steels all burnt to hell , everything else looked brand new like it should replaced them. put all back together ran for about 50 miles and bam back to doing it again. I pulled the valve body and accumulator body checked all the valves they worked move back and forth freely and had good spring tension.

Ideas:
any cause I'm out of them?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2013, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: 4r100 problem

all swapped out solenoid packs no difference
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 01:43 AM
PSN Veteran

Been a long time since I've been in an auto tranny. (Believe in letting experts do the expensive stuff.) But did you check the clutch pack tolerance. If it is too tight it can cause the clutch to not fully release so its basically slipping when not engaged.
Hopefully someone wiser will chime in for ya.

02 F350 CC DRW 4X4.
PHP Hydra with Gearhead, PHP, and NLTD tunes. AIRAID INTAKE, 4" exhaust.
CTS INSIGHT w/ egt, coolant and boost sensors.
FULL FORCE 160/30'S.
RIFFRAFF Hrx & Frx.
Leveling kit, 285's
Van turbo/ 38r hybrid.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 12:58 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Yea i let a pro build it, but he was out of time so he couldnt help. Im trying to figure it out some possibilities.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 02:11 AM
PSD

have you got all the grounds hooked up??

1996 crew cab long box. 3.73s, auto 493/1135 stockish auto trans.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Everythings hooked up to my knowledge. I got a random question my battery light keeps comings on and off under acceleration but it never drops under 12 and never over 14.5. Also dont have starting problem either, cranks right over and doesnt drag out like the batteries are bead
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-30-2013, 06:10 AM
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpexj View Post
Everythings hooked up to my knowledge. I got a random question my battery light keeps comings on and off under acceleration but it never drops under 12 and never over 14.5. Also dont have starting problem either, cranks right over and doesnt drag out like the batteries are bead
Take it to advance...or least batteries...12-14 is just saying your alt is working prob have a dead cell ...mine was fine but when it was cold was a biaaatch to start after two tries..

Idk on tranny as mark k in tranny section for an educated answer..is my usual response . He knows his stuff.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 03:01 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I actually have access to battery meters it would suck to be a dead c3ll being there less than 6 months old, but thats better than the alternator cause it 3 years old and out of warranty lol. I look up this educated answer sections hopefully somebody in will see this and give an answer.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 03:34 AM
Village Idiot

What I ment was post same thing in tranny section mark kovalesky (spelling)posts there often..iirc he was a ford tranny mechanic etc...ie more then an internet mechanic.if not try asking racerx.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode