Front end limiters - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs

Front end limiters

For anyone who's going to Houston this weekend, I'm bringing a couple of extra sets of front end limiters if anyone wants to try them out. If your truck launches rough on the track, these should help you out.

EMPIRE DIESEL, PERFORMANCE TRUCK PRODUCTS, CEN-TEX DIESEL PERFORMANCE, AND DIESEL INNOVATIONS

ALSO LOTS OF HELP FROM (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER) TWISTED DIESEL PERFORMANCE, FCDP, ITP, MATT WITH GEARHEAD, ERIC WITH INNOVATIVE, DOUG WITH GOGO DIESEL, CASS WITH FULL FORCE DIESEL, AND SWAMP'S

2005 F350 Fat-Butt Truck
2004 ECSB Procharged F250
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 06:40 AM

Re: Front end limiters

Will it help with this? http://www.nhrda.com/DragRacingVideo...0915/P1-2A.wmv
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 10:29 AM
Not of this World

That's one of the worst launchs I've seen. If he had any power he might have broke something(looked stock with a chip).
Did he have something on part of his tires? Maybe he drove through something on the way to the line.

2000 F250,4X4,AFE2 w/PG7,F.A.S.S.,GTP38R,Spearco 6.0 CAC,FFD stage 2's,Head Studs,DP tunes,BD t/c,6.0 Trans cooler,Fluidampr.
Sailor for a time, a Patriot forever!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

God bless our military forces and God bless America!

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs

I don't know that it'd totally cure it but I bet it'd help. I'll have some sets in Houston you can try if you're gonna be there. I used to have to fight mine some but launches real smooth with 'em on.

EMPIRE DIESEL, PERFORMANCE TRUCK PRODUCTS, CEN-TEX DIESEL PERFORMANCE, AND DIESEL INNOVATIONS

ALSO LOTS OF HELP FROM (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER) TWISTED DIESEL PERFORMANCE, FCDP, ITP, MATT WITH GEARHEAD, ERIC WITH INNOVATIVE, DOUG WITH GOGO DIESEL, CASS WITH FULL FORCE DIESEL, AND SWAMP'S

2005 F350 Fat-Butt Truck
2004 ECSB Procharged F250
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 02:07 PM
PSN Local

Send a message via Yahoo to trick76cj5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusStroke View Post
That's one of the worst launchs I've seen. If he had any power he might have broke something(looked stock with a chip).
Did he have something on part of his tires? Maybe he drove through something on the way to the line.
That looked like an OBS truck to me. . .don't think 90cc AA's would smoke that much, bet hes got a little more than just a chip.

- Brad

01 F250 4X4 Super Cab
6" Pro Comp Lift 315 75 16 SuperSwamper SSR's
Built 97 engine, Dynomite BD's, Swamp's Gen III, H2E, Comp 910's, BWD Pushrods, H-11 Headstuds, BTS Tranny, 5" mitre cut stacks.

495/952

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick76cj5 View Post
That looked like an OBS truck to me. . .don't think 90cc AA's would smoke that much, bet hes got a little more than just a chip.
Yeah just a little more than a chip.

That lane sucked every time I tried to launch in it. That is by far the worse launch I've ever done. I usually run my stock sized tires but didn't have them where I could swap them out before that race and needless to say I won't be running those ones again. It would usually hop a bit off the line but nothing like that. Not sure what was on that side of the track makeing it suck so bad but the other lane was MUCH better. After watching the video I'm kind of supprised I didn't bust anything either. Traction bars should be going on this winter sometime so that should help. Might have to make up some of those front end limiters as well.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 09:17 PM

I guess they can fit the rear springs, but that would be a first.......
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 09:31 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Holy crap.... that just looked scary... Next time, your going to loose so just lift...

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 09:38 PM
PSN Veteran

wow, talk about bunny hopping. good thing you dont make much power, otherwise you'd be replacing teh drive terrain in your truck.

2013 ccsb 4x4-stock
99 ccsb 4x4- built to the hilt, wife's DD!
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 09:52 PM

we should make him an avatar with that thing bouncing up and down

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode