Php vs Gearhead - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 03:56 AM Thread Starter
vgk
PSN Newb

Php vs Gearhead

Talking to all of you guys that have either. Have read tons of dp vs gearhead or dp vs php, and have came to the conclusion that you guys like php or gearhead better. But... I have never seen anyone compare these two. Anyones inmut is greatly appreciated as i would like to get rid of this banks unit i have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 04:02 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: Php vs Gearhead

I havent used gearhead but plan to get a few tunes to try when I replace my injectors. I'm running the PHP Hydra right now and love it. I was very impressed with the tow tunes when I hauled my 30'TT the other weekend. Get the hydra and you can get a few of most anyones tunes

2003 F-250 CCLB 7.3L
4" lift and PMF traction bar/block setup running 35s on 20x12s. Intake, exhaust, PHP Hydra w/ Gearhead tunes, gauges
2005 F-350 CCLB 6.0L
6" lift on 20x10s and 37s, studded, deleted, Powermax and Livewire with Quicktricks tunes, exhaust, intake (Wife's Truck)
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 04:41 AM
PSN Local

I have run php, beans, and dp. Php and beans being my favorite. I have heard good things about gearhead, but also know someone that doesnt like the shifting into od. I have a similar issue im working on with my beans tunes. No matter what, it shifts at 40mphand falls on its face. Beans tuning div is working on the issue but ive been out of town working and dont have the time to drive or work with them.

For the money, I say php. Tunes are awesome

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 04:47 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFRNL View Post
I have run php, beans, and dp. Php and beans being my favorite. I have heard good things about gearhead, but also know someone that doesnt like the shifting into od. I have a similar issue im working on with my beans tunes. No matter what, it shifts at 40mphand falls on its face. Beans tuning div is working on the issue but ive been out of town working and dont have the time to drive or work with them.

For the money, I say php. Tunes are awesome
Mine shift right around 50, depending on how much I'm in it.

2003 F-250 CCLB 7.3L
4" lift and PMF traction bar/block setup running 35s on 20x12s. Intake, exhaust, PHP Hydra w/ Gearhead tunes, gauges
2005 F-350 CCLB 6.0L
6" lift on 20x10s and 37s, studded, deleted, Powermax and Livewire with Quicktricks tunes, exhaust, intake (Wife's Truck)
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 05:49 AM
Freak'n know it all

I've had swamps and now PHP.....

PHP drives like a stock pickup SHOULD drive.... perfectly smooth flawless... NO hiccups NO flat spots no issues with 1/4 pedal travel being 3/4 power Just PERFECT with NOTHING I can find to complain about... well I guess my only complaint is that they couldn't make my dually get 35 mpg ... I haven't run gear head but haven't heard anything bad about them. I had a few long discussions with Bill from PHP about what I wanted my truck to do and basically he and I were on the same page w everything including a special mod I wanted that everyone else said was impossible... I sent him my PCM for reflash and he delivered... He also helped me out on a couple of other things that I goofed on with used parts he had laying around including a FREE reflash of my replacement PCM after I smoked the one he had just flashed for me. I am very seldom fully satisfied with what someone else claims to be the best thing ever but I have been blown away w PHP... Esp their customer service..... Another one that absolutely blew me away with top notch customer service was Ryan Casserly.... Just in case you are in the injector market too

I will say that the only experience I had with Gearhead, while he couldn't do the tuning I wanted, he WAS VERY prompt and polite in communication and I suspect that he likely would have great customer service after the sale as well.

99.5 350 crewcab dually 4x4
stage 1 singles, PHP tunes, banks bighead,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
autometer gauges,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, South Bend HD clutch, Gen 2 wicked wheel, AIS intake system.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 08:47 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottagofast View Post
I've had swamps and now PHP.....

PHP drives like a stock pickup SHOULD drive.... perfectly smooth flawless... NO hiccups NO flat spots no issues with 1/4 pedal travel being 3/4 power Just PERFECT with NOTHING I can find to complain about... well I guess my only complaint is that they couldn't make my dually get 35 mpg ... I haven't run gear head but haven't heard anything bad about them. I had a few long discussions with Bill from PHP about what I wanted my truck to do and basically he and I were on the same page w everything including a special mod I wanted that everyone else said was impossible... I sent him my PCM for reflash and he delivered... He also helped me out on a couple of other things that I goofed on with used parts he had laying around including a FREE reflash of my replacement PCM after I smoked the one he had just flashed for me. I am very seldom fully satisfied with what someone else claims to be the best thing ever but I have been blown away w PHP... Esp their customer service..... Another one that absolutely blew me away with top notch customer service was Ryan Casserly.... Just in case you are in the injector market too.
I had much the same experience with PHP, I was having an issue with the FU chip, now discontinued, where the computer would not recongize the burner, sent an email at midnight when I had had enough and asked for some help. 5-10 minutes after I sent the email I had a response that told me how to fix the issue. Mind you they are located in Georgia, and I was in Colorado at the time... so Bill responded at about 2 AM their time when he could have very well just let it wait untill the next day.

Oh yeah, and I had a Stock 97 at that point that with their tunes, 6637 filter, and 4" exhaust I was putting 300 hp to the ground.

To me I will not go with another company's tunes after having delt with PHP's customer service, before, durring and after the sale they will help you with any issue they can.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 10:39 AM
PSN Veteran

Same for me guys, had hard start issue right after installing my Hydra chip and called sent Bill a PM on here and went out check my glow plugs and relay to rule some stuff out. As I opened the door to go out, phone rings and its Bill. It was like 5 minutes from sent email topersonal phone call. Says alot. I had just replaced my batteries the night before due to slow cranking and hard starts after sitting a few days. Helped some, but the day after I installed the chip it got worse again, ended up being the gpr. Hell, told Bill it wasnt the chip because it did it with or without it, He said owell, I'm on the phone lets fix your truck

2003 F-250 CCLB 7.3L
2005 F-350 CCLB 6.0L
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 12:29 PM
the stryker god

Get a hydra and try both
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 12:50 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

I'm going to pull the plug and get the hydra soon I think.

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 01:00 PM
the stryker god

Same here, or try tunin myself

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode