transmission vb and tc - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 03:21 AM Thread Starter
Ticking time bomb

transmission vb and tc

im looking the upgrade my vb and tc just wondering what you guys thought was the best. My brother had a bd setup in his obs and i liked the way it shifted. Is there anything bad about a bd setup?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 04:16 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: transmission vb and tc

BTS VB and PI (Precision Industries) TC. An EXCELLENT combination whether stock or modified.

Current- 2006 Harley Davidson Edition F250 6.0L w/a "BUILT" engine, Unfortunately mis-assembled and installed by CenTex Diesel and a NAPD Heavy Hauler RACE SERIES Transmission
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Previous- 2001 Platinum Edition F250 7.3L
SCT LW and FICM tuning-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Regulated Return fuel kits-

ENOUGH SAID
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 04:45 AM
War Pig

never had bd, but for around $850 i got Racer X's TC and VB. they work well although i haven't put anything to it other than a chip, hopefully that'll change in a month or so. anyways, i'd give Racer X a call, plus he's a sponsor.

Chad

04 F350, CC, LB, 4X4 Fat Bottom Girl....Butt A$$ Stock

SOLD>>>'00 F250, DP-Tuner, 5" Straight Pipe, S&B intake, autometer, Racer X TC and VB, Full Force Stage 1, prepump/in-tank mod, Annihilator, 203*

ET: 5.024 250' Mud Track

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 05:05 AM
got fuel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by groomzybanshe View Post
im looking the upgrade my vb and tc just wondering what you guys thought was the best. My brother had a bd setup in his obs and i liked the way it shifted. Is there anything bad about a bd setup?
i have bd t/c valve body shift kit. shifts smooth when cruising and the shifts are there when ur into it i love it!!

97 250/95 motor, 400/300's, ts, swamps tuning,gen3, s475, Intercooled, h11 studs,a1000, built tranny. 3.55's, 237,xxx miles fastest non reg. cab obs [email protected] fuel

94 explorer. dd
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 02:32 PM
Lurker...

I really like my BTS VB...even with a stock convertor

2003 F-350 Super Duty
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 04:17 PM
PSN Veteran

I wouldn't upgrade a TC for a used trans. When it breaks, the debris goes into the TC and you have to have it cut apart to clean it. I did one on my 700R4 and it was about $400. I had to do it because it broke due to some other issue. They had to cut it apart and clean it. At that time, they will restall it for you if you want. That is with Precision Industries. They may not do other brands of TC for you. Not sure.

I think RacerX said he would clean it for a few bucks if you bought it from him but I will not attest to that. I am not convinced that tossing an expensive TC into an old trans is the way to go.

01 Excursion 7.3L Powerstroke. Gauges with AIH Delete, AIS, CCV Mod, 4' MBRP, BTS Trans, 6.0L Trans Cooler and Intercooler, DP-Tuner F5 chip, ITP In Tank Mod and Boost Annihilator, Diesel Innovation's Regulated Fuel kit, BTS Big Oil system, GTP38R Turbo with 1.15 A/R housing and BPD Stage II AC injectors. Bilstein Shocks with U front and A Rear.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 06:06 PM
got fuel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklim View Post
I wouldn't upgrade a TC for a used trans. When it breaks, the debris goes into the TC and you have to have it cut apart to clean it. I did one on my 700R4 and it was about $400. I had to do it because it broke due to some other issue. They had to cut it apart and clean it. At that time, they will restall it for you if you want. That is with Precision Industries. They may not do other brands of TC for you. Not sure.

I think RacerX said he would clean it for a few bucks if you bought it from him but I will not attest to that. I am not convinced that tossing an expensive TC into an old trans is the way to go.
i got lucky, it had a new jasper in 3000miles b4 i bought it

97 250/95 motor, 400/300's, ts, swamps tuning,gen3, s475, Intercooled, h11 studs,a1000, built tranny. 3.55's, 237,xxx miles fastest non reg. cab obs [email protected] fuel

94 explorer. dd
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 10:53 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodstktbo View Post
i got lucky, it had a new jasper in 3000miles b4 i bought it
You got lucky with them having a Jasper trans in it? How? I'd yank it out and replace it with a Ford Reman if BTS wasn't available.

01 Excursion 7.3L Powerstroke. Gauges with AIH Delete, AIS, CCV Mod, 4' MBRP, BTS Trans, 6.0L Trans Cooler and Intercooler, DP-Tuner F5 chip, ITP In Tank Mod and Boost Annihilator, Diesel Innovation's Regulated Fuel kit, BTS Big Oil system, GTP38R Turbo with 1.15 A/R housing and BPD Stage II AC injectors. Bilstein Shocks with U front and A Rear.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 12:32 AM
got fuel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklim View Post
You got lucky with them having a Jasper trans in it? How? I'd yank it out and replace it with a Ford Reman if BTS wasn't available.
when it breaks i will. and whats the BIG problem with them anyhow i never heard bad about them the warrenty is 3yr 75000 miles?????????????????????????????? can i run a PI t/c with the bd shift kit and valve body, will they work good together
From street and towing to full race, BD Builds Them Best!

To some it is a challenge to simply disassemble and assemble a Ford transmission. For BD, the challenge was to improve the durability and performance of these transmissions in demanding, high-torque diesel applications.

The smooth shifting associated with the stock Ford transmission is the result of slippage that produces heat and accelerates wear. BD transmission and converter clutches are made from specialized, high-performance materials, and 33% more clutch surface is added to eliminate slippage.

A re-programmed valve body with improved valve designs, higher line pressure and enhanced oil flow creates positive clutch apply, which results in quick, sharp shifts. A BD deep-sump aluminum pan is also fitted, which increases oil capacity for cooler operation.
The planetary gear packs are made from high-strength steel, and heavy-duty, one-way roller Sprague clutches maintain directional stability, unlike the stock or inferior aftermarket products, which can explode.

Finally, each transmission’s shift pattern and oil pressure is tested on our transmission dynamometer, then shipped to you in a virtually indestructible molded plastic container. For ultimate strength and reliability, we recommend you match your new BD transmission with a TorqForce performance torque converter.

Our transmission packages include an auxiliary full flow filter kit for the 1990-2003 7.3L.

how can you go wrong?

94 explorer. dd

Last edited by goodstktbo; 12-29-2008 at 01:00 AM. Reason: alotta things on my mind!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 01:16 AM
PSN Veteran

PI converter! I just installed one a couple of weeks ago and it is awsome, it comes with a spring to installl in the converter regulator valve that means removing the forward pump that requires a specialty puller. if you are not familiar with the internals of tranny's i would have a technician do it for you. but i will bet that you will not regret adding a PI unit to your truck.

99.5 F250/ VGT 5.9 CR Cummins4 link front and rear air ride

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode