Alternate BTS plan. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 05:26 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Alternate BTS plan.

OK gents need some opinions and advice. My 4r told me it hates me today so it needs replaced. Plan has always been for a BTS, however when I called the other day I was informed that the nearest build date was sometime in July. I really doubt mines gonna make it that long plus I have a trip planned for June so I'm exploring other options.
I don't want to dump money into any other auto besides a bts so here's my plan as of now. I found a decent priced zf6 with pedals and shifter locally. But its 2wd. So my thoughts are to get a gear vendors overdrive (which I want anyway) made to bolt to a 2wd tranny and accept my tcase off the back of it.

I know the zf6s have some short comings, main one being heat. Can that be solved by running a large auto trans cooler? Am I plum crazy?

02 F350 CC DRW 4X4.
PHP Hydra with Gearhead, PHP, and NLTD tunes. AIRAID INTAKE, 4" exhaust.
CTS INSIGHT w/ egt, coolant and boost sensors.
FULL FORCE 160/30'S.
RIFFRAFF Hrx & Frx.
Leveling kit, 285's
Van turbo/ 38r hybrid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 05:49 AM
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER

Re: Alternate BTS plan.

that sounds like a lot of work for a temporary fix... you also got to cut out the floor and weld in a floor from a hand shaker... by the time your done you could have bought a BTS

Early 99 7.3 F350 auto,TN T-4 mount with a s467 for air,H-11's stud's SRP 1.1 for oil all supplied by unlimited diesel..beehives, DI push rod's, new alliant 315/200 hybrids,Driven diesel fuel system with a fuel lab 41401. ...tuned by Gearhead..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

88 F250 7.3 IDI plow truck 112k - bone stock.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 07:57 AM
PSN Local

Its no BTS, but Tousley has the HD4R100 for $2800 and if you have it shipped to a commercial address there is no shipping. I ordered one Tuesday afternoon and it showed up on Thursday. I will be installing it next week. It has a 3 year 100k mile warranty. You can also just get the regular one for 2100. My dad has 280K on his original tranny and its still going strong. Mine has 180K and I dont have to replace it but given the money the shops want for repairs I figured I would just bite the bullet and see if I can get another 200k out of the new one.

2013 F250 Platinum 4x4 CC 6.7- Carli Commuter 2.0 suspension, 18x9 BMF Novakane, 35 12.5 R18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT, Titan 50 gallon fuel tank

2002 F350 XLT 4x4 Crew Cab 7.3L

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 12:01 PM

Talk to Cary (OBS Wiz) he may have a build date sooner. I bought my BTS through him and he had several dates that were months earlier than what BTS themselves had available.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron's power stroke View Post
that sounds like a lot of work for a temporary fix... you also got to cut out the floor and weld in a floor from a hand shaker... by the time your done you could have bought a BTS
Ya I knew about the floor thing but didn't realize it was weld in. A bts would be on order Monday if I could have it a couple of weeks.
If I can make a zf6 hold up a couple of years it wouldn't nessicarially be a temporary fix.

02 F350 CC DRW 4X4.
FULL FORCE 160/30'S.
RIFFRAFF Hrx & Frx.
Leveling kit, 285's
Van turbo/ 38r hybrid.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsRumors View Post
Talk to Cary (OBS Wiz) he may have a build date sooner. I bought my BTS through him and he had several dates that were months earlier than what BTS themselves had available.
Thanks for the tip I'll pm him and see what he says.
Is anyone running a zf with decent power mods?

02 F350 CC DRW 4X4.
FULL FORCE 160/30'S.
RIFFRAFF Hrx & Frx.
Leveling kit, 285's
Van turbo/ 38r hybrid.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 01:59 PM
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfcoast View Post
Its no BTS, but Tousley has the HD4R100 for $2800 and if you have it shipped to a commercial address there is no shipping. I ordered one Tuesday afternoon and it showed up on Thursday. I will be installing it next week. It has a 3 year 100k mile warranty. You can also just get the regular one for 2100. My dad has 280K on his original tranny and its still going strong. Mine has 180K and I dont have to replace it but given the money the shops want for repairs I figured I would just bite the bullet and see if I can get another 200k out of the new one.
There is NO warranty for a HD4R100 if it is not installed by an authorized Ford dealer! If Ford installed it in your truck, and your truck is chipped or lifted with big tires, they will not warranty it! I was told this by more than one Ford dealer. They are a good Trans so hopefully you won't need the warranty!

2000 F250 CC SB 4x4, 7.3 diesel, 4R100, 4"lift, AIS intake, 38R Turbo, Turbonetics outlet, Swamps 200/30 Hybrids, Swamps tunes, Swamps IDM, 4" MBRP, BTS valvebody, 6.0 cooler, ISSPRO fuel press, boost, egt, trans, water temp, ScanGage, Melling Lpop, FRx, Hutch mod, spin on filter/separator, Bosch pump, DIY 3/8 fuel lines, OCR, HPx, Autoenginuity.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38R turbo View Post
There is NO warranty for a HD4R100 if it is not installed by an authorized Ford dealer! If Ford installed it in your truck, and your truck is chipped or lifted with big tires, they will not warranty it! I was told this by more than one Ford dealer. They are a good Trans so hopefully you won't need the warranty!
Ya like I said before if it ain't a bts I'm not spending a dime on an automatic.

02 F350 CC DRW 4X4.
FULL FORCE 160/30'S.
RIFFRAFF Hrx & Frx.
Leveling kit, 285's
Van turbo/ 38r hybrid.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 02:16 PM
PSN Veteran

Like others said, try getting ahold of CaryT (OBS Wiz) to see if has a trans available.

Also there are other quality trans builders out there beside BTS. You have John Woods (in CA) and The Punisher (in CT), do a search on them and you'll be more than satisfied. I would steer away from Suncoast.

Billy T.
[email protected]

'97 Black F250HD SC 3.55s, Punisher trans, PI Converter, Dana 60 RSK w/ V & C SD springs,
PIS 175/80s, HB Jr, Comp910s, Smith Bros PRs, ARPs, Fluidampr, IC, E-Fuel, CJC Traction blocks, HFHV IDM, T4/BASB, 262K

Other vehicles
-1987 Buick Grand National (Staged)
-2004 Mercury Marauder
-1993 Geo Prizm (beater)
-2016 F350 DRW Utlimate
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 03:43 PM
PSN Local

When I went and saw Jonathan for some tuning he had a bts sitting in the shop he offered to sell me. May want to get ahold of them or beans?

2002 F250 ccsb Lariat 4x4
6637 intake
4" MBRP
Stage 1's by Full Force Diesel
Honey badger Jr hpop and Brute 66
Bellowed up-pipes and blank pedestal
No Limit Tuning by Jonathan (Dyno Proven)
Rough country level and shocks
305/70r16 Toyo AT2 on Dc2
Autometer factory match (pyro,boost,trans)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode