Diamond Eye 4 inch fittment - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 04:02 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Diamond Eye 4 inch fittment

Just installed a 4 inch Diamond Eye with 3 inch dp...but I cant get the spare tire to clear the exhaust...I am bummed. I also did a cat and muffler delete...and the adapter to delete the cat seems kinda hokey...you basically cut the flange off the dp and then there is a series of stepped adapters to get up to 4 inch...seems kinda weak to me.

Anyone have issues clearing the spare. OH...I have a frame mounted hitch...nothing special though, although the spare was a tight fit there with stock exaust.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 12:59 PM
PSN Local

Re: Diamond Eye 4 inch fittment

Its tight. I have an inch clearence at my spare. I had to move the last muffler hanger over with a pry bar to get the clearence.

97 F350 crew cab 8' bed, 177,000 miles, bought new. Tymar intake,3 inch downpipe 4 in exhaust back , all SS, Cat gutted,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DPTunes F6 sweet change tunes via e-mail. Sonnax goodies Line pressure modulator valve, 1-2 2-3 3-4 accumulator control valves.
New trans BB FWB, Red Eagle and Z-Pak clutchs,triple disc converter. BUILT NOT BOUGHT
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 11:43 PM
Got 'Er Did

that weird.......i have a diamond eye 5" system w/ 4" down pipe and no clearnce problems any where......but i guess my spare in the stock 235

2009 Mustang GT Premium 5spd
BBK Long Tube Headlers and Off Road X Pipe
waiting for the squeeze
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1995 F350 Crew Long 4x4 Dually
Powerstroke
Auto
4 inch MBRP

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-25-2008, 01:55 AM
What else?

Send a message via AIM to smokyred

So you got some kind of downpipe back kit? Or did you get a turbo back kit?

I like turbo back exhausts, then there's no reason why it shouldn't fit or the need for adapters and the welder.

Dave

'08 F250 6.4/Torqshift Spartan 310EL, Flo-Pro 4", White_monster air intake, RCD 4-link, RS9000's 584/1330

Taking a break from trucks to play with guns!

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-25-2008, 02:16 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Yeah...I got a '97 SRW CC long bed 4x4 Turbo back kit. Just seems odd to me too. I am gona crawl under it on X-mas day and see if I can adjust a little more...need about 2 inches though.

'97 350 4x4 SRW CC, Roll-a-Long package, 245k miles (on original trans, injectors, exhaust etc) SOLD...what was I thinking? Looking for a new one.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-25-2008, 06:41 PM
AK1
PSN Local

Garage

I've got their 4", turbo back system w/ muffler and it looks like it would clear the spare (mine is long gone...) It sits about 1/2" from the flat bar/cradle that would keep the stock spare away from the tailpipe.

'00 Excursion Limited w/170k (rebuilt), 4X, V/B codes, 35" Toyo, 4" intake/exhaust, WW, TW, Isspro, FF Stage 1, T500- mix of '00/'05/'08/'12/'14 parts
SOLD: '00 F350 CC, '95 F350 CC, 2X '83 F250 6.9's.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-25-2008, 07:14 PM
PSN Local

HA HA HA that all sounds funny because my friends dad is a firefighter and he has a 97' he just brought the jaws of life home and just carefully crushed the firewall back and put a 4" turbo back kit on!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode