want more towing hp - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 01:07 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Talking want more towing hp

i have a 01 7.3. mods are napa filter, chip(dp tuner), open 4" exhaust and gauges. i would like to reach 400hp. what do i need to do? i do a lot of towing around 10000 lbs. looking at the most reliable route without going to deep into the engine(i would like to stay with boltons) and into my pocket. point me in the right direction i know very little about diesels(1st one). worked a lot on gas motors but very little on these things. what should i do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 01:15 AM
the stryker god

Re: want more towing hp

Pis 175/30, 38r, no limit tunes, t500 if the stock hpop won't hold pressure, frx or full regulated return, bts valve body, 6.0 tranny cooler, cooling mist water meth. Most tow tunes are about 350 though
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 01:17 AM
PSN Local

you wont hold 400 to long towing that much on a stock trans if at all, so if you have a stock trans, then get a built one and a good tranny cooler. then drop in 160/100 injectors, 38r and maybe a stronger HPOP (adrenaline, t500), that would put you well over 400 but you can tune them down to around 400 and if you ever wanted more it would be a change in tunes. thats what i would do, theres a lot of different setups to get 400, im sure others will chime in.

2000 Ford F250 7.3 4x4. MODS: Beans Tunes, Jegs 4" exhaust, S&B intake, boost fooler, USA poted housing, RR billet wheel for ported housing, HFO, glowshifts 3-in-1 gauge pyro, boost, trans. AIH delete, bellowed uppipes, Sinister Diesel coolant filter.

post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 01:50 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

i guess what i am really asking is i have a uncle that has a 06 duramax all i want is to be able to out pull him. we pull about the same weigh camper and all he talks about is how good the duramax pulls. also wifes dad has a 8100 chevy same thing how good it pulls. what can i do if anything to be able to pass them going up hill?
post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 01:56 AM
PSN Local

well doesnt this sound familiar your going to have to do a lot to the 7.3 to match that 06 if even if its stock... read this:
Lost to a buddy's dmax..oh NO!!! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

2000 Ford F250 7.3 4x4. MODS: Beans Tunes, Jegs 4" exhaust, S&B intake, boost fooler, USA poted housing, RR billet wheel for ported housing, HFO, glowshifts 3-in-1 gauge pyro, boost, trans. AIH delete, bellowed uppipes, Sinister Diesel coolant filter.
post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 01:56 AM
the stryker god

Do what I said and watch the egt gauge
post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 02:09 AM
Subject Matter Expert

As of right now, im running swamps 175cc/stock nozzle (they label them 175/146), an externally wastegated s362 forged mill .83 turbine housing with a piss-poor 15* hpop with stock everything else on the engine, it is a towing MONSTER. I dont need to even turn my water on, i d!ck around with the trailer hooked up just TRYING to get the egt gauge to move to a dangerous level- at which point i'm way above the speed limit. NO smoke too, Been thinking about changing my license plate since it doesnt fit anymore... or just change the setup

Stock
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 08:37 AM
PSN Veteran

A very common setup that will get you at the 400HP mark is stage 2 injectors, a 38R turbo, and a regulated return fuel system. At this point transmission modifications are highly recommended as well since the stock trans and TQ converter will have a hard time holding the power.

We can get you setup with all of these parts and your tuning updates to match them will be free if they are purchased through us.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I would be happy to help you out.
post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtray View Post
well doesnt this sound familiar your going to have to do a lot to the 7.3 to match that 06 if even if its stock... read this:
Lost to a buddy's dmax..oh NO!!! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
sounds like i just need a newer ford 8grand thats not going to happen
post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
A very common setup that will get you at the 400HP mark is stage 2 injectors, a 38R turbo, and a regulated return fuel system. At this point transmission modifications are highly recommended as well since the stock trans and TQ converter will have a hard time holding the power.

We can get you setup with all of these parts and your tuning updates to match them will be free if they are purchased through us.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I would be happy to help you out.
what is that going to cost me

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode