moving battery to pass. side - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

moving battery to pass. side

How many of you have moved your batteries to the passenger side. I talked to a ford tech. and he said I don't need the vacuum box since I don't have automatic hubs. This would ive some more room for the second battery. What do you think.

02 F350 CC 4x4, Common rail, 90hp injectors, Hellman intercooler,studs,twin cp3s,64/71/14 HTT turbo, HTT manifold,maxspool cam,Smarty POD,TS MP8,ported head, BTS tranny,PCS tranny controller,Airdog,Trac bars
2015 F250 CC 4x4 6.7 powerstroke stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Banned

Re: moving battery to pass. side

What are you doing that you cannot leave the driver's side battery?

And why not simply take the driver's side out......and stop right there?

Also, your HVAC functions are vacum controlled and your vent/defrost/floor and so on would not work without it. Or it might just keep cycling the pump on and off all the time instead of having the canister for a reservoir and kill the pump a little quicker.

I don't have two batteries FWIW.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

I am building a custom intake setup and could get bigger filters on if the battery was gone but I would like to keep two batteries. I use the truck batteries to power my quick connects to the winch on my gooseneck.

02 F350 CC 4x4, Common rail, 90hp injectors, Hellman intercooler,studs,twin cp3s,64/71/14 HTT turbo, HTT manifold,maxspool cam,Smarty POD,TS MP8,ported head, BTS tranny,PCS tranny controller,Airdog,Trac bars
2015 F250 CC 4x4 6.7 powerstroke stock

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 04:14 PM
OBS junkie

I'm thinking of moving my drivers side battery into the bed. I don't have enough room under the hood of my IDI to put two on the passenger side. All that you really need is a good amout of battery cable & something like a marine battery box & mount it in your bed or tool box. You can just ground it to the frame. I'm going to have to do that so I can fit a Tymar on my IDI.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

97 F350 CCLB "Da Bus"

RIP Will Iott
"This ain't no practice run"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboyrob View Post
And remember, he's cat rebel....he doesn't do it the normal way.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 05:07 PM
Banned

Yeah, if you plan to use the battery power without the engine running then two batteries is mandatory if you still want to crank a powerstroke when you're done.

With the one I can't tell anything different except how long I can listen to the radio when working on a saturday or so before the wipers come across the windshield and the radio stops.....

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 05:28 PM
Innovative Fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coope3 View Post
How many of you have moved your batteries to the passenger side. I talked to a ford tech. and he said I don't need the vacuum box since I don't have automatic hubs. This would ive some more room for the second battery. What do you think.
Talk to Ryan Bean. He owns an '02 dually that has both batteries moved to the passenger side with the vacumn cannister still intact. I believe they are Optima Yellow-tops. Craig (Sapps) used to own the truck.

John

New Truck: '01 F-350, CC, LB, PSD, 4R100, gauges, intake, exhaust, chip SOLD

early '99 F-250, PSD 6-Speed SOLD
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 11:25 PM
Starting Over

I ran with one red top optima pass battery for 2 years the cold winter starts started to become a pain.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 07:33 PM
Moved in

I am running two yellow tops on the passenger side with the vacume canister relocated to under the truck just below the front passenger door. I think you could get away with not moving the canister but I like the extra room. I have my Viaair compressor mounted on the driver side where the battery was mounted.

Scott

2011 F250 CC 4x4 Sterling Gray Metallic

2010 Cannondale Quick 4 (pedal powered commuter)
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 01:16 PM
MAXIMUS OVERDRIVE

Order up a frame rail mounted Big truck batt box and relocate both to the pax side frame rail. I dont have pics, but I saw one from another site.
that really frees up your room , and transfers some weight further back.

99.5 F250 4X4 CC SB isspros,DP, FASS pump, fuel bowl delete,SSHPX,OBA, 6.0 IC, 1.15 van turbo,ATS ported housing ,etc...

it goes and shows well for 320K
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 02:27 PM
PSN Veteran

I noticed the two batteries mounted on pass frame rail on the WOP truck in diesel power mag this month think they got the mount from JEGs if that is of any help.

2001 F250, CCSB, 4X4, Auto, Forged rods
Lots of go fast parts and still slow.

2001 F250, STD cab, 2WD

Frame is a little shorter now
workin on body
engine build underway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode