water injection - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

water injection

I mocked the kit (dual pump kit from coolingmist) up on my coffee table. Used leds instead of the pumps. It actually worked on the third try.

Camera sucks but here is the squirrel's nest.

The way I have it now, first stage comes on at 20 psi, second at 30.

Here is where I am thinking about putting the nozzles.
First stage with 2 nozzles in red, second stage single nozzle in yellow. Look good?

Should I add a second nozzle on the second stage on the compressor outlet?

Thanks.

03 E-350 7.3, forged rods, exhaust ported heads, comp 910's, 38R/47, 4.10LS, stealth twin pumps, 300cc hybrids from Swamps, h-11's, racerx trans and TC, Swamps tunes, water...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Re: water injection

OK guys, need some help on where to put these nozzles. What about this...??

Thanks!!!!

03 E-350 7.3, forged rods, exhaust ported heads, comp 910's, 38R/47, 4.10LS, stealth twin pumps, 300cc hybrids from Swamps, h-11's, racerx trans and TC, Swamps tunes, water...
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 12:27 AM
Got Bost???

First stage in the intake Y where your red dots are in the first photo. Then put the 2nd stage on the compressor outlet or outlet tube of the first stage charger. Generally you want to keep it as close to the intake valves as possible.

95 Ex. Cab Long Bed 4x4. Built.

01 Ex. Cab Long Bed Dually 4x4 6 Speed. Intake, Exhaust, Super Chips Tuned
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tow Mule

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 12:54 AM
Banned

Since I am running the exact same intake, I'll show you where I put mine:

Maybe that will at least help you see things with it on the engine. I also added another nozzle directly into the compressor discharge on the 47 this weekend although I ran out of -6 hose before I got it plumbed in.

I don't have any reason for thinking the way I did it is anything spectacular. I chose those locations because they were as far from the intakes as possible without having to put them in the housing on the 38R or trying to make them not look stupid at different angles off of that "ball" at the top. Although if I had the charger off the truck I would have put them there.

Good Luck.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 04:27 AM
Crazy Redneck

Charles,

What is the big hose going to where you AIH was? Really big boost line?

Thanks.

Marc

2000 F350 CC dually auto
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Little air, fuel and oil and a BTS.

533/1050 5-8-10

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

OK, thanks guys. I'll probably put 2 in the intake and 2 in the compressor outlet.

I have to mount the tank in between the seats. Any reason NOT to mount the pumps inside the cabin behind a seat on the bulkhead? If the only concern is noise, that won't be an issue. I highly doubt I would hear them over the engine/turbo.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCOOL View Post
Charles,

What is the big hose going to where you AIH was? Really big boost line?

Thanks.
Mass amounts of nitrous and propane.Haha, jk.

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Got everything mounted and some of the wiring run. I am wiring it off this diagram. Dumb question, why does 30 on the relay have to be constant hot? Why can't it just be hot when 86 is hot, in other words, tie them together, and they are both hot when I turn the key. Thanks!!!

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 08:22 PM
PSN Local

two bad , you went with those pumps , you won't get enough pressure to vaporize the water. for 450 you could of had a pump that would run 8 jets at 1300psi.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

So I have read. Got a link for that pump? It wouldn't be the first time I did something twice, and lost my ass doing it.

The kit I got is going to help a bunch, though, on my non intercooled van, right? Just not as good as one of the starter motor pumps? I am hoping for a decent increase in hp. The track closes this weekend, not sure if I can get there. But if I do, I will do a run w/o the water to see what the diff is.

Anyways, I got it all installed. Put leds in the dash for when the pumps are on. Left the pumps ungrounded, and it works, although I need to adjust the boost switches a little. First stage comes on at over 20, hard to tell exactly what psi, I think about 23-25 Second stage comes on at 32-35 ish.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode