HP on 02 7.3 F350 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 05:16 AM Thread Starter
Texas7.3

HP on 02 7.3 F350

Was wondering what else I could do o get more HP have 5" exhaust mbrp, gauges, afe stage 2 intake, bullydog downloader, and the outlook.... any idea s would be help thanks

TEX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 05:55 AM
Engineering College Boy

Send a message via AIM to Got Diesel Send a message via MSN to Got Diesel
Re: HP on 02 7.3 F350

Welcome to the site. You should fill in your signature so we know what you have for a truck.

Search for Tony Wildman or Dptuner, Swamps, or Diesel Innovations. They will custom right programs for your truck. You will get more power from that than your bullydog.

Next prepare to spend more money, trans, injectors, turbo, oil, list goes on and on.

Kyle
Early 99 F-250SD 7.3 PSD 4x4. Auto, tymar type intake, straight pipe, Six inch stacks, Tony Wildman Four position chip, Street race, 80 Tow, 80 Econo, Extreme. Let the smoke roll. Upgraded torque converter. Autometer Ultralights on the Pillar. Running Cooper Discover STT's.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SLAPS MEMBER
post #3 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 11:50 AM
The Fireman

Send a message via AIM to big_stroker Send a message via Yahoo to big_stroker

As said above... ditch the bully dog and sell it to someone and call Jody at DP-Tuner and get your self some real power.

Other than a nice custom tuned chip your look at some money for injectors and turbo and more and more

1999.5 F-250 7.3l 4x4 6 spd Ported Heads, Head studs, valve springs, DI Push Rods, DI RR, 38R, Walbro fuel pump, 238cc Injectors from Nate @ Unlimited Diesel and Tuned by Matt @ Gearhead Automotive

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 12:15 PM
28 cent #2

You also have PMR rods so you may want to swap those out for some forged rods if you plan going much past a chip to be on the safe side.
post #5 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 02:58 PM
Banned

I am curious....

For all the times I have seen someone telling other people about how they should sell their ____ brand "junk" chip and get some real power....

How many of you have ever even dyno'ed your truck?

Now of that set, how many of you have dyno'ed it with the "junk" chip and the "amazing" chip?

Cause I am amazed at every dyno event I go to at how many trucks are STILL making the kind of power I was making on my BANKS chip with my EARLY 99 engine back in like 02.

I must have missed the huge increase in power on stock injectored, stock turbo'ed and stock pumped trucks. It is what it is. You've got AA, AB or AD injectors and a stock turbo. There's no majic 100 extra horsepower that's just going to show up to the party because a few hex values get changed around.

My pos truck with homeade intake, homade exhaust and a banks big hoss chip made 268rwhp on the dynojet and 291rwhp on the load cell way back when. That's an EARLY 99 with AB injectors, 15 degree pump and the little Garrett...

Going from a "junk" bullydog chip to the most awesomest awesome chip there is..... what can he expect to actually make on the dyno?

5hp? 10hp?

post #6 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 03:07 PM
The Fireman

Send a message via AIM to big_stroker Send a message via Yahoo to big_stroker

your right i have never dyno'ed my truck... but i have had a Banks six gun, a bull dog power pup and a TS chip. and out of all of them the DP i have now does have the most power and best driveability of any of the others.

1999.5 F-250 7.3l 4x4 6 spd Ported Heads, Head studs, valve springs, DI Push Rods, DI RR, 38R, Walbro fuel pump, 238cc Injectors from Nate @ Unlimited Diesel and Tuned by Matt @ Gearhead Automotive

post #7 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 03:13 PM
PSN Veteran

after driving my dad's truck stock and with a banks six-gun, there's barely any difference between the 2... MAYBE 35hp at the wheels on the highest setting... i'm trying to convince him to get a tw chip or dptuner to see the difference but he likes how the six-gun has limits built in and is a 2-in-1 gauge

1997 ford f350 crew cab long bed powerstroke diesel

265k miles

New DD:
2001 Jetta TDI 141k miles
Stock for now.
post #8 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 03:14 PM
look what i can do

post #9 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 03:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_stroker View Post
your right i have never dyno'ed my truck... but i have had a Banks six gun, a bull dog power pup and a TS chip. and out of all of them the DP i have now does have the most power and best driveability of any of the others.

You've never dyno'ed it, yet it has the most power.

Interesting. Maybe I forgot what dynos were for.

The driveability is purely subjective and SOTP based. So in terms of driveability I can completely see how you would like one better. No problem.

But power.... isn't based on SOTP. It's not subjective, it is what it is. I have been to the dyno and thought the truck felt underpowered as hell and expected mid 300's and done mid 400's. No joke. I have also thought the truck was pulling hard and done high 400's instead of low to mid 500's.

SOTP is a joke. And cannot be used to gauge power on anything unless it's + or - about 100 freakin horsepower.

I'm not busting your balls. I'm just trying to show that while it seems that 99% of the people share your sentiment, they don't actually know this to be the case because they haven't actually tested it. Going to dyno events quite often, and spending a lot of time at the dyno it has been proven over and over again to me that most intake, exhaust and a chip trucks run in the 260 to 320hp range. With about 275-280rwhp being pretty average. And there's nothing you can do with the chip to make the injectors any bigger, nor the turbo and larger or the pump any more efficient.
post #10 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 03:25 PM
Back to Civilian Life!!

Whos got that picture of Gale Banks with the nice little statement underneath it?

2003 F-250 4x4 7.3 liter PSD EXT. cab SB. Wilson 2000 antenna, Uniden PC78 peaked and tuned with a connex 250 Linear Amp.
MODS: BTS Tranny, DIY Tymar, Hypermax 3.5 DP to 5" back, TW tunes, DI's GT38R BB turbo, autometer boost, pyro, trans, water temp a Scangauge and Firestone rear air bags.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode