what nitrous jets you guys running? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

what nitrous jets you guys running?

i am looking into putting a kit together for my truck. im running 230cc hybrids with a sd turbo and a wicked wheel. there isnt a ton of smoke at wot but there is quite a bit. what jets are you guys running? i was thinking something in the .060 range. too big? too small? for a start.

'96 f-250, auto, shackle flip, solid axle, rsk, high/crossover steering, 3.73's, true trac's front and rear, trac bars, gt4202, 7.3 ic, idm mod, ccv mod, A1000, 4-line DIY Gen3, dual ipr's, casserly 350/200's, arp studs, 910's, pushrods, elec. fan, 2-stage nitrous, fluidampr.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 12:13 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: what nitrous jets you guys running?

You might want to check with the rules before buying one. Most places dont allow them.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 08:12 PM
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harohunter View Post
You might want to check with the rules before buying one. Most places dont allow them.
A track that won't allow nitrous? Never heard that before.

When I had my DI hybrids and 38r I was using the TS Performance 2 Stage kit. First stage was a .091 and second was a .093 iirc. Any bigger and it would actually slow the truck down. Cleared up every last bit of smoke. If I was gonna do a single stage with that set-up, might as well throw a .125 inthere if the rest of your system will support it. You should have the fuel for it. Trans might not like it all at once like that though.

EMPIRE DIESEL, PERFORMANCE TRUCK PRODUCTS, CEN-TEX DIESEL PERFORMANCE, AND DIESEL INNOVATIONS

ALSO LOTS OF HELP FROM (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER) TWISTED DIESEL PERFORMANCE, FCDP, ITP, MATT WITH GEARHEAD, ERIC WITH INNOVATIVE, DOUG WITH GOGO DIESEL, CASS WITH FULL FORCE DIESEL, AND SWAMP'S

2005 F350 Fat-Butt Truck
2004 ECSB Procharged F250

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 09:06 PM
kinda hot in these rhinos

Send a message via AIM to upinsmoke70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harohunter View Post
Maybe talking about pulling?
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 02:46 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by upinsmoke70 View Post
Maybe talking about pulling?
Yeah i thought he was talking about pulling my bad.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 04:32 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

yeah, i want to make a pass or two tomorrow night at the strip. i will be running a single stage activated by the throttle pedal. the kit is pieced together with what we had laying around. i guess i will start with whats in there and go up from there. i think my trans will hold, im more worried about my clutch.

'96 f-250, auto, shackle flip, solid axle, rsk, high/crossover steering, 3.73's, true trac's front and rear, trac bars, gt4202, 7.3 ic, idm mod, ccv mod, A1000, 4-line DIY Gen3, dual ipr's, casserly 350/200's, arp studs, 910's, pushrods, elec. fan, 2-stage nitrous, fluidampr.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Busy Busy

I'd be more worried about the SD turbo!

443.553.9234 - 410.392.3262

Elkton, Maryland

2001 F250 Platinum - 11.62 @ 115.76 on Nitrous
2007 F250 - 10.916 @ 122.86 on Fuel
2005 F450 - Tow Bitch
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 03:28 PM
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintain View Post
I'd be more worried about the SD turbo!
Good catch, didn't even notice that. I'd proably keep it no bigger than around a .060 with the stock charger.

EMPIRE DIESEL, PERFORMANCE TRUCK PRODUCTS, CEN-TEX DIESEL PERFORMANCE, AND DIESEL INNOVATIONS

ALSO LOTS OF HELP FROM (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER) TWISTED DIESEL PERFORMANCE, FCDP, ITP, MATT WITH GEARHEAD, ERIC WITH INNOVATIVE, DOUG WITH GOGO DIESEL, CASS WITH FULL FORCE DIESEL, AND SWAMP'S

2005 F350 Fat-Butt Truck
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

how does the nos affect the stock charger? turbine a/r too small?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 07:37 PM
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs

Could overspeed it and blow it up if you apply too much from what I understand. Personally, I'd say screw it. Good excuse to buy a 38r if you blow that one up.

2005 F350 Fat-Butt Truck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode