Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Updates!

4K views 39 replies 19 participants last post by  Ron's power stroke 
#1 ·
Well I did a whole lot to my truck this Friday. New chip installed (get to that later), 1.15 housing and beans adapter installed, new turbo o rings, modded my PCM Box, cut up a jeep, installed new uppipe donuts, fixed a boost leak, AutoE showed up in the mail and I data logged some stuff, umm I think that's all for Friday.

Anyway lets start off with my dyno numbers from last week 467/922. I wonder how much THIS HURT my numbers.

I took the turbo out and found that, did not even touch it until after I took the turbo out.

Well Here's some pics from the housing install.

Here's the PCM box I modded.

Now I can remove the chip w/o pulling the PCM box or pcm itself.

I went pulling with my new pulling tune from Jody. Talk about smoking in the upper RPM's... these pulls were 3300-3400 rpms.

First pull was horrible since the track was crap and the sled was hooked wrong. So here's my second hook which resulted in them reseting the sled.

And finally here was the hook that counted since I dropped positions after they READJUSTED the sled again after my 2nd pull. LOL

I ended up 260 feet... in fourth place. Really could have used some more aggressive tires since it was pretty sloppy, but I like it like that.

I have a ton of pictures from the housing swap that will go up later.

Here are the jeep pics.

I want to say thanks to everyone that has ever helped me, and every million posts that I have read that have put me where I am today with my ability to diagnose and work on these trucks. I also want to thank jody for sending me another chip out so I could make this pull with the new tuning. It worked out great. I think that's all for now. As I think of anything else I'll post it up :D

See less See more
#2 ·
Oh yeah, the turbo sounds different for sure with the larger housing. I also was able to hit 40 psi afterwards as well.

I have been having problems with my pryo for some time now... it won't work... I've tried everything from another gauge, all new wiring, different gounds/power inputs and still can't get it figured out. That's another thing I tried fixing friday night but was unsuccessful.

#4 ·
Initially I only had a small hole drilled to allow the F5 cable to go through. Now I've got it cut out so the chip can come out with the PCM staying in the truck.

#5 ·
nice job and vids...sounds like a busy weekend. i will have a busy one coming up soon as well..i cant wait to get these mod's put in...

#6 ·
I am going to be doing the same thing with my truck. 1.15 housing. Nice pull though looks like that track was super wet.

#10 ·
Yeah I'm looking at an H2E but didn't want one until at least pulling season was over since it would put me up in the big boy class ALL the time. lol

You had to run the modified class with john and carson i suppose? Great job...carson passed me on 695 when i was picking up some wheels for my truck...i had seen his one white truck...but not the one he had made a dually.

Glad you did well and are getting things together

I had to pull the mod class which was the 2.6 class. Carson had to pull open with both his trucks. The cummins one had a serious problem, I didn't hear what it was. Maybe oldschool found out since I was packing John's truck up.

#9 ·
You had to run the modified class with john and carson i suppose? Great job...carson passed me on 695 when i was picking up some wheels for my truck...i had seen his one white truck...but not the one he had made a dually.

Glad you did well and are getting things together

#11 ·
You'll grow to love that 1.15 housing more and more. I wish you could have seen how much it helped without the other changes.

Roll down your passengers side window if you want to hear how mellow your exhaust note is now just cruising around, and the sweet, coasting whistle you get out the tailpipe.

Have I ever mentioned how much I like the 1.15 housing?

#12 ·
Here's John's truck. Minus some trans goofs during the pull, the motor sounded and pulled awesome.

He hit a peak of 4350 RPM's on his first pull!
He hit 3800 on the subsequent pulls.

Carson's 7.3

Carson's cummins

I always seem to get my buddy james when he doesn't do good... his pull before this was a good 300 foot pull.

#15 ·
Smoking at 3200+

Guess the new tune had some changes in it :dunno:

compared to my old tunes which didn't smoke in the upper rpm's. ;)

Compare my videos to this picture

#14 ·
Charles, the whistle is more pronounced with the exhaust housing. Kinda like a 6.0 but not ear piercing lol.

#18 ·
Not real sure, that's his main squeeze and doesn't like to give up a lot of details about it since he's a local hi-performance engine builder.

#19 ·
Oh yeah, that's with Jody's new tuning too, same as john's... lol

I think every 7.3 was running his tuning.

#20 ·
Carson's 7.3 was miles ahead in terms of power up top. When it fired back up it sounded f'ing sweet. Everybody firing in time.

Is a Ford PCM controlling that truck? After hearing it fire back up I wouldn't be surprised if the answer was no.

#32 ·
Charles Jody sent him the tune we worked out on my truck weekend before last. All Ford Baby! :D

#22 ·
Carson does always do pretty well...and he is usually really consistent too. Love the hood stack on that 7.3 hes got as well...

As for James he has a nice 6.0...and Im glad to see he solved the problem of the truck hopping so bad down the track... I havent seen him in a while...he only lives bout 30 minutes from tuckahoe in sudlersville i think...i used to see him a bunch.

One thing I do know is he will peg that thing at 4500 rpms if hes got too...just a good ol boy

#27 ·
:D

just put in the PMT 1 PCM and did the IDM mod.. PCM made it run better then the XLE4 PCM..sucks not having tunes now..just did the IDM..that helped..next weekend i hope will be the 1.0 and WW with the DI RR and my SS stage 2's..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.