Tranny Order Question - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
AJF
PSN Local

Tranny Order Question

For those of you who have ordered a BTS or John Wood tranny what goes into the order? Do you tell them what mods you have and what tires or is it just 7.3 engine and this is the tranny you get? Thanks guys.

'01 F-250 7.3 4x4

Swamps, JWVB, DIY Intake, 4" MBRP Exhaust, IssPro Gauges, WW, John Deere Interior, 33" BFG A/T,
Ranchhand Legend Series Bumper, Mac Inc. HPO-X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 02:59 PM
<-- GO BRONCOS

Re: Tranny Order Question

Give them a call and find out.

Anthony

2002 F-350 SRW 4x4 Lariat Crew Cab, Auto, MBRP 4" T409 Turbo back, AFE Stage 2, Isspro gauges (Pyro, Boost, Trans), BTS VB, DP F-5
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(No start, Modified Stock, 60T, 80E, 120race)

Democrats are tyrants.
Republicans are cowards.
Jesus Christ is our only hope!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 03:01 PM
Banning Smut

Either of those guys will ask you what mods/power level you are at and what you plan to do with the truck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
AJF
PSN Local

Thanks

'01 F-250 7.3 4x4

Swamps, JWVB, DIY Intake, 4" MBRP Exhaust, IssPro Gauges, WW, John Deere Interior, 33" BFG A/T,
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 05:58 PM
PSN Veteran

AFAIK, all of the BTS trans are about the same with the exception of tuning the trans for your application. There are no different levels with BTS. The only time he cares about what you want to use it for and what power you make is when he is tuning the shifts for it.

AFAIK, his warranty is simple. Within 2 yrs, he pays for shipping. Outside of 2 yrs, you pay for it at his bulk rate. Either way, he fixes the trans for nothing.

01 Excursion 7.3L Powerstroke. Gauges with AIH Delete, AIS, CCV Mod, 4' MBRP, BTS Trans, 6.0L Trans Cooler and Intercooler, DP-Tuner F5 chip, ITP In Tank Mod and Boost Annihilator, Diesel Innovation's Regulated Fuel kit, BTS Big Oil system, GTP38R Turbo with 1.15 A/R housing and BPD Stage II AC injectors. Bilstein Shocks with U front and A Rear.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
AJF
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklim View Post
AFAIK, all of the BTS trans are about the same with the exception of tuning the trans for your application. There are no different levels with BTS. The only time he cares about what you want to use it for and what power you make is when he is tuning the shifts for it.

AFAIK, his warranty is simple. Within 2 yrs, he pays for shipping. Outside of 2 yrs, you pay for it at his bulk rate. Either way, he fixes the trans for nothing.

Thats good stuff to know, thanks.

'01 F-250 7.3 4x4

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 07:40 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJF View Post
Thats good stuff to know, thanks.
Better to get the trans. I have it and don't have any worries about who is paying for it if I break it even in 5 years.

01 Excursion 7.3L Powerstroke. Gauges with AIH Delete, AIS, CCV Mod, 4' MBRP, BTS Trans, 6.0L Trans Cooler and Intercooler, DP-Tuner F5 chip, ITP In Tank Mod and Boost Annihilator, Diesel Innovation's Regulated Fuel kit, BTS Big Oil system, GTP38R Turbo with 1.15 A/R housing and BPD Stage II AC injectors. Bilstein Shocks with U front and A Rear.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 01:10 PM
Bigfoot is an OBS

Quote:
Exactly.

Quote:
AFAIK, his warranty is simple. Within 2 yrs, he pays for shipping.
Again, exactly.

Quote:
Outside of 2 yrs, you pay for it at his bulk rate. Either way, he fixes the trans for nothing.
That depends. If you lie to him about what happened, he might not be so nice. After all, it's out of warranty so he isn't obligated to fix it for free (not incl s&h).
Be honest about it and he'll probably just do it for the price of parts, or free depending on what broke (not incl s&h).

Go ARMY!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 03:28 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy_dan View Post
That depends. If you lie to him about what happened, he might not be so nice. After all, it's out of warranty so he isn't obligated to fix it for free (not incl s&h).
Be honest about it and he'll probably just do it for the price of parts, or free depending on what broke (not incl s&h).
If you jerk him around, well...... We are all like that. I will work with a customer if they don't jerk me around. In any case, there was someone who saw a trans that was there and they said they did maintenance on it but they didn't. That guy was saying that Brian should refuse to warranty it but Brian said he would anyways so that they don't think he was trying to welch out on it. Also, there was someone who saw Brian tell a kid that the next time the trans came back, it would be on his dime. Why? Because he was doing the old "Giddyup Back" on it and it broke.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 02:28 AM
ISX

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJF View Post
For those of you who have ordered a BTS or John Wood tranny what goes into the order? Do you tell them what mods you have and what tires or is it just 7.3 engine and this is the tranny you get? Thanks guys.
My experience goes with John Wood. He will ask you what you will be using your truck for and the performance modifications you have done. He will not try and sell you anything you do not need. He is a very knowledgable person and great to work with. You will probably spend 30 minutes to a hour on the phone talking to him about transmissions, converters, and the 7.3. I learned much from my initial conversation with him.

I cannot get over how great my truck shifts. Much better than ever before. The harder I drive the truck, the firmer it shifts. I feel confident the transmission will last a very long time regardless of how hard I push it.

Looking at your location, BTS is closer by so that may be the better choice for you. John's shop is in So CA.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode