CCV Issue? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Lovin the Tuna

CCV Issue?

So my buddy just did CCV, he is venting to atmosphere under hood with no line from doghouse. He doesnt notice smell or mess or anything, but i was wondering if its possible to lose power? He said now that he change the intake and the CCV isnt being sucked in its feels like a loss of power? Is that possible?

2001 F250
2000 F250
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 04:24 PM
<-- it's like that

Re: CCV Issue?

CCV has nothing to do with performance at all. Re-routing the CCV simply keeps oil from being introduced into the CAC system, and keep from blowing boots off as well as keep the engine bay cleaner.

If he's noticing a drop in performance, then something came unplugged while he was working under the hood.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Lovin the Tuna

He says it very slight... I think its in his head... he thinks it is becaues the fumes are being sucked out of the ccv there is something going on now.

2001 F250
2000 F250

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 07:44 PM
Canadian Powerstroker!

i don't know how he cannot smell anything. I have mine vent between the box and cab and thats all i can smell when I walk upto my truck when its running.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
03 7.3L F-350 Lariat FX4 CC LB

Mods: TN BB Turbo, NADP Heavy Hauler Tranny, DP F-5, Quad Pod w/ Autometer Phantom II's, AFE II PG7, AFE 409 SS 4" Exhaust, CCV, HPX, Non-EBPV & HFO, 95 Gal Aux tank/tool box, ITP OBA.
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 07:59 PM
7.3 PSD Mythology Expert

The smoke, smell and general association of loss of power means the engine is junk

at least that is what I read

David Lott
Quote:
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!
No purpose no happiness, know purpose know happiness ---> Happiness is a direction not a destination.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Lovin the Tuna

lol. Like i said, he thinks he lost little power by venting to the atmosphere, i dont really see how that is possible. And he says it doesnt smell, so it must not bother him or whatever, but like i said, the issue is he's saying he lost a little power. I dont think the intake sucking the fumes and making a negative pressure on the crank case was giving him power (because thats whats going on in his head). Im just trying to see if 1. its possible and 2. has anyone ever experienced something at all similiar?

2001 F250
2000 F250
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 08:56 PM
PSN Veteran

No it isn't possible to lose power with the CCV mod...
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 11:26 PM
RDRCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstroke Racer View Post
The smoke, smell and general association of loss of power means the engine is junk

at least that is what I read

Sold

2006 Almighty CumminGs
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 05:42 AM
PSN Local

If you are venting under the hood, you are venting all that CCV juice all over your engine compartment.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 10:00 AM
PSN Veteran

putting a vacuum pump on a motor will make 50hp or more on high hp engines. your stock ccv is located in a vacuum, the air/vapors gets "sucked" out of the crankcase thus reducing the crankcase pressure this lowers the resistance on the pistons downstroke. these engines are soo inefficient to start with i doubt the loss on power is even measurable. this is just my .02, btw i have the cvv mod done to my truck, i need to build some pump brackets for a vacuum pump.

'96 f-250, auto, shackle flip, solid axle, rsk, high/crossover steering, 3.73's, true trac's front and rear, trac bars, gt4202, 7.3 ic, idm mod, ccv mod, A1000, 4-line DIY Gen3, dual ipr's, casserly 350/200's, arp studs, 910's, pushrods, elec. fan, 2-stage nitrous, fluidampr.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode