ebpv delete and ats shroud - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Bill

ebpv delete and ats shroud

I cant afford a bb of any brand yet so this is the direction im headed. The ats shroud should be hear this after noon. I plan on deleting the ebpv while im in their. the other thing is how do I adjust the wast gate acuator to make about 5 more lbs? or is it worth it on a stock unit? I have itp's overboost anhilator. right now I hit 22lbs.

02 f350 larit, itp rr & pre pump filter, GTP38r, international up pipes, swamps 175/146 single shot's, DP tuner, factory tech valve body & lot of extra lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 04:04 PM
DILLIGAFF

Send a message via AIM to Redfish
Re: ebpv delete and ats shroud

Well seeing as you have an 02 you will have to cut about a 1/2" off of the waste gate rod, The ATS housing should come with instructions to do that. When I reinstalled the waste gate I screwed the end piece dohingy just enough to where I had to pull against the actuator spring about a 1/4" to re-hook it, sort of like preloading it. Its also insurance to use thread locker on the actuator rod threads.

2006 F-250 CC King Ranch, Harley Headlights w/ 55w HIDs
ARP studs, MBRP 4" exhaust and AM Colbalts By:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, AFE stg. 2 Pro Guard 7 from XDP, SCT from innovative!
14.09 @ 94 1.85 60'

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Bill

yeah ive heard that its a littel frustrating on getting it back together. Ive got a tap and die set So im sure I can clean it up nice. if thats the end you cut. just looked under the turbo and noticed its covered in oil. So I think I will need to replace the orings as well. so sounds like it will be coming out of the truck. I think I found what has been making me think i had a rear main seal leak.

02 f350 larit, itp rr & pre pump filter, GTP38r, international up pipes, swamps 175/146 single shot's, DP tuner, factory tech valve body & lot of extra lights

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-22-2007, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Bill

just got done with the install. I decided not to delete the ebpv. Didnt look like it blocked that much when it was open. but I learned a valueable leason, unless you read about hear it may not be right. I read on the ford truck fourm that if you leave the plug off the ebpv it would stay open and be fine. Well not so much. mine stayed closed and in the econo tune made more smoke than steam coal train. boy did it suck getting that plug back on with everything back on the motor.

after adjusting the waste gate actuator I can hit 25 lbs with the 80 econo tune. Just curious what you guys seamed to think about that? good or bad.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-22-2007, 06:17 PM

I'm running the ATS compressor housing and other typical accessories on my tow truck. 25psi sounds fine. I hit about 30psi at altitude but I think it's the tuning that affects my stock motor and allows it to boost with the additional fuel.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode