Anybody have a fumoto valve leak? I believe mine is. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Anybody have a fumoto valve leak? I believe mine is.

I have had some very light oil film around the back of the pan. I thought it was the rear main, but it starts from the back of the fumoto and extends to the rear of the pan. I saw a small drip on the fumoto yesterday. Anybody have one of these leak? Also, does the shop vac on the oil fill hole work to keep the oil in while I change it out. I have a lot of clean synthetic oil in there that I don't want to part with. Thanks

2002 f-350 PSD, 4x4, cc short bed, 6spd, ccv mod, airdog, AIS filter, isspro ev and scangauges, detroit TT, ITP boost annihalator, ITP RR, bellowed up-pipes, ats housing, turbomaster, 3.5 dp magnaflow, very happy with ultra smooth and linear PHP 50t, 80DD and "whisper" tunes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 01:01 PM
OEM Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Tom S
Re: Anybody have a fumoto valve leak? I believe mine is.

The shop vac trick works just fine to swap out plugs. I think you would be the first report I have read of one leaking.

Tom

1996 F250 Powerstroke 4X4 AUTO
DP-Tuner F-6 chip live tuned, BTS Transmission, Garrett 38R Turbo, Swamps Injectors 150cc, electric fuel,
Banks Intercooler, Reflexxions Cowl Hood, 17 degree HPOP, 4" Stainless Magnaflow &
Aeroturbine exhaust, Aeroforce OBD Scan Gauge, Truxedo tonneau cover
Dana 60 Precision Metal Fab RSK and SD Springs
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 01:54 PM
PSN Veteran

I had one leak on me on our Volvo XC, but no problems with the one on the PSD.

2008 F-250 Lariat CC 4x4. EPA stock.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 06:45 PM
Hoosier daddy!

Be sure that what you're seeing is not oil dripping down the pass. side of the block and then down onto the pan. I had the very same oil residue you are talking about, but it came from the turbo pedistal(I believe) and dripped down the pass. side of the block and eventually onto the pan and down around the drain valve. In my case, the reason that the oil ended up around my fumoto was because at night where I park, the front of the truck is lower than the rear...

2001 PSD F250
Born 4/01 in KY USA,
4x4, 3.73, Ext. Cab, Shortbox...
ITP RR, CCV, Tymar Intake, Airdog, DP tuner

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 06:50 PM
PSN Veteran

My 1st one leaked. Bob (DieselSite) sent me a new no questions asked. Bob said it was the only one he'd sold that leaked.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

I think it is leaking from around the threads. There is an oil residue around the entire valve, where it threads in. The oil residue then extends from the valve to the back of the pan. Except for immediately around the valve, in front of the valve is bone dry. Is there a gasket around the thread area?

2002 f-350 PSD, 4x4, cc short bed, 6spd, ccv mod, airdog, AIS filter, isspro ev and scangauges, detroit TT, ITP boost annihalator, ITP RR, bellowed up-pipes, ats housing, turbomaster, 3.5 dp magnaflow, very happy with ultra smooth and linear PHP 50t, 80DD and "whisper" tunes.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 07:09 PM
PSN Veteran

It should have came with a plastic washer. I tried using a brass one and it didn't like it.

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 09:39 PM
The Oracle

Send a message via AIM to BigRed97

im sorry guys, but WTF is a fumoto valve?????

CCLB with some stuff done .....

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 09:43 PM
PSN Veteran

http://www.dieselsite.com/index.asp?...S&Category=451

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Yeah, I have a washer of some sort on there. It looks like it is coming from out of there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode