Hybrid tuning questions - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Hybrid tuning questions

I just finished the valve springs, prods, and hybrid install early today. Cranked the motor with glow plugs out to get the rest of oil that did not spray my a$$ while centering the pistons to change valves.

Started up pretty quickly, faster than I thought, and idles pretty rough and dies.

My question is, I have found and bought tuning for hybrids, but should the truck run on spilt shot stock tuning, or is the tuning the only issue? I hope that with the single shot tuning it will smooth out.

Thanks for any input

2008 F-250 SCLB Larait.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 12:57 AM
10.61 @ 128 MPH

Send a message via AIM to Powersmoker
Re: Hybrid tuning questions

The engine shouldnt die on split shot programming. It should still run but it is normal for it to run rough on split shot programs. (Lopey Idle) Is the check engine light on?

2000 F-250 Regular Cab
1069 RWHP 1768 Torque
10.55 @ 129 MPH NOS

2000 F-350 ECLB DRW
Tow Rig

Murff Racing Twisted Diesel
Empire Diesel DieselSite
Swamps Diesel
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 01:05 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

No cel. I don't know, maybe I didn't give it time to get the air all worked out.

It seems like it cranks for a long time, until the oil pressure gauge comes up, before it starts to fire, if that means anything.

2008 F-250 SCLB Larait.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 01:10 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore20017.3 View Post
No cel. I don't know, maybe I didn't give it time to get the air all worker out.

It seems like it cranks for a long time, until the oil pressure gauge comes up, before it starts to fire, if that means anything.
I think that if you have a a long crank still then you have air in the system. I would go out and drive the truck for like 20 miles or so to work out all the air. When the truck starts up normally (normal crank time) then you know all the air is out. I think if you drive the truck it will get the air out faster than if you just idled the truck.

Early 99 F-350
4" lift on 33's. Daily Driver/ Plow truck.
Swamp's Gen3, 300/200's, Tuning, 76mm Sledgehammer. BTS. Fuel system, ARP's, P-Rods, 910's, and a few other things. Stock Block.
SOLD

New truck:
2009 F-350, 5.4L, 4" lift on 35's
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 01:15 AM
Banned

3 or 4 full throttle pulls through the gears and the air will be 99% gone. The injectors have to consume the air. If you don't get them moving some oil the air will sit there forever.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 01:19 AM
PSN Veteran

Truck should run on the stock tuning, just idle kinda funny and have a weird feel to the pedal. Like chuck said, you gotta go drive it to get the air out, just idling around or driving lightly wont do it.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 01:19 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

So it should run on the stock spilt shot tuning, is that the consensus?

2008 F-250 SCLB Larait.

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 01:52 AM
Sofa King Cool

Send a message via AIM to BMac Send a message via MSN to BMac Send a message via Skype™ to BMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore20017.3 View Post
So it should run on the stock spilt shot tuning, is that the consensus?
Yeah it won't hurt anything

People Fly Airplanes, Pilot's Fly Helicopters

2002 F350 Extended Cab Shortbed
1977 Early Bronco
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 02:00 AM
Banned

Well, as long as you're not flooring it on the split tuning it won't hurt. But depending on the nozzles, when combined with the timing in that split-shot tuning it could very well hurt something.

But as far as just running the truck like what everyone is talking about, it's fine. I just wouldn't go out and run the sh*t out of it with split programming. As I said, it will have much more timing because it was written for an injector with a pilot shot which your hybrids almost certainly don't have.

Good Luck.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 02:10 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

100% (.0085'') nozzles. Should I just wait on the tunes to get here or what. I was going to take the wifes ex to Alabama this week and let her drive the truck, but she will floor it at each stop light just to see how fast she can stop. .

I will have to drive my fukkin explorer, her old one, I guess.

2008 F-250 SCLB Larait.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode