new problem - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 05:23 AM Thread Starter
Electrical Nomad

new problem

so after this last week of installing the hybrid injectors and fuel system i have developed a problem. before i got my chip back from jody with the new tunes for the hybrids i took it for a drive to get some of the air out of the system. on my return home from a short trip the truck died when i slowed down to pull into my drive way (it idled down really low and shut off). i figured it had to do with my stock computer not idling right due to injectors. today i recieved my F5 back, got it all installed jumped in for a drive to tester out. idle improved a bunch and throttle was a lot more tolerable off the start. it still has a stock turbo until i order the new one next week, so it still does'nt perform the best but thats a given. problem is once i got home i turned the F5 down to 1(STOCK) and it died again. fired it back up cycled it to 6 and back down to 1 and it died again. i am going to call jody on monday and ask him about it, but can you think of anything else that would cause this other than tuning? It just seems wierd that it did it before the F5 was in, but it only dies when it goes back into stock setting, no other settings kill it.

Sorry about the long winded post.

2000 F250- hybrids, GT38R, ATS trans, mod IDM, ITP fuel system, and DP tunes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 05:26 AM
2nd class citizen

Re: new problem

ipr problem possible got some contaminates from injector install in the oil passage. just a guess.

2003 CRW CAB LB 4X4 6SPD,AFE STAGE 2,38r,DP TUNER,4'' MBRP,FASS 15,Farmers Disel Performance 160/100 injectors,ITPREG.RETURN,TERMINATOR
2001 crw cab short bed auto 4x4 5"exhaust afe stg 2,f6,jw trans,terminator,cass. stg2's,itp reg return,fuel lab pump.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 05:30 AM Thread Starter
Electrical Nomad

is that something that can be cleaned out?

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 05:33 AM
2nd class citizen

you should be able to remove it from the hpop and clean it.

2003 CRW CAB LB 4X4 6SPD,AFE STAGE 2,38r,DP TUNER,4'' MBRP,FASS 15,Farmers Disel Performance 160/100 injectors,ITPREG.RETURN,TERMINATOR
2001 crw cab short bed auto 4x4 5"exhaust afe stg 2,f6,jw trans,terminator,cass. stg2's,itp reg return,fuel lab pump.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 05:39 AM Thread Starter
Electrical Nomad

thanks i will give that a shot. is there anyone in the Mount Vernon, Washington area with AE?

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 12:57 PM

Question Re: new problem

I agree, check the IPR valve, there are 3 O-rings on it. If one is damaged, it could give you this kind of problem with anything other than stock injetors. With stock injectors and two bad o-rings on the IPR, the engine might start when it is stone cold, but will not re-start once the engine is warm. I think there is a screen on the end of the IPR as well (we have them on our I-6 engines), check it for debris...

Smoke-N-Hotwater
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 01:19 PM
All done now

When you take apart the IPR make sure you are on a large clean surface. There are some little parts in there that try to escape.

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 01:51 PM
PSN Veteran

Other than hard starting issues when the truck is hot, what other issues can a bad or dirty IPR cause on a truck? I'm just curious if I would benefit at all if I were to pull my IPR and clean it for the heck of it. Truck runs good as we speak.

Early 99 F-350
4" lift on 33's. Daily Driver/ Plow truck.
Swamp's Gen3, 300/200's, Tuning, 76mm Sledgehammer. BTS. Fuel system, ARP's, P-Rods, 910's, and a few other things. Stock Block.
SOLD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New truck:
2009 F-350, 5.4L, 4" lift on 35's
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Crusty old Bastich

Here's a link to help you tear down the ipr and clean it. you don't have to build the wrench, Most people use a deep well 1" 1/8 socket for the r&r. good luck with it....

http://cw-diesel.com/LuxSite/IPRInfo.htm

IPR O-ring kit
Ford F6TZ-9C977-AA
intl 1825806 C91

Jim

96 CC 2wd Dually

BDP engine build
BDP D-66
BDP/Casserly Hybrids
BDP twin pump fuel system

Hypermax Rods
Caltracs
Detroit locker
FactoryTech tranny

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Electrical Nomad

thanks a ton guys i will hit up my international dealer on monday for the o-rings.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode