valve spring changeout? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 02:42 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

valve spring changeout?

How did y'all get passenger springs changed? The tool I borrowed worked great on the driver side except for the intake on #8. I am going to build a cam over lever device that bolts to the rocker arm holes i guess to do the rest.

Any suggestions?

2008 F-250 SCLB Larait.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 12:38 PM
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER

Re: valve spring changeout?

i was told un bolt the motor mount on driver side and jack it up on that side..it will twist the motor lowering that side so the tool will fit in under there for #8

Early 99 7.3 F350 auto,TN T-4 mount with a s467 for air,H-11's stud's SRP 1.1 for oil all supplied by unlimited diesel..beehives, DI push rod's, new alliant 315/200 hybrids,Driven diesel fuel system with a fuel lab 41401. ...tuned by Gearhead..

88 F250 7.3 IDI plow truck 112k - bone stock.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 02:12 PM
Plays with Motors

2011 335i M-Sport
2000 F-250 7.3L ( Sold )
1966 Mustang Fastback

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 04:23 PM

Hey, that one even comes with spare parts!!!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 01:48 AM
What else?

Send a message via AIM to smokyred

I have that exact spring compressor sitting right here, lol.

Dave

'08 F250 6.4/Torqshift Spartan 310EL, Flo-Pro 4", White_monster air intake, RCD 4-link, RS9000's 584/1330

Taking a break from trucks to play with guns!

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 05:24 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinist View Post
If you use this you have to jack up the motor to get it to fit. Plus you will have to remove the handle on it and use a socket. FORD makes one that bolts right down to the rocker arms and fits without moving anything...

that is why I was asking you if you were installing headstuds... since I figured you were jacking the motor up anyway.. you might as well..
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 04:16 PM
<- Sums it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layson View Post
If you use this you have to jack up the motor to get it to fit. Plus you will have to remove the handle on it and use a socket. FORD makes one that bolts right down to the rocker arms and fits without moving anything...

that is why I was asking you if you were installing headstuds... since I figured you were jacking the motor up anyway.. you might as well..
That is the tool I used and the method I used to do the springs and head studs. That spring tool uses a 5/8" socket or ratcheting end wrench, I prefer the ratcheting end wrench myself. On the passanger side I took the evaporator cover off.

Early99 CC LWB 4X4
Updated B codes, Modded H2E, Big oil, half filled block, studded, John Wood 4R100. 232K miles
Tows like a champ!

"Damn Larry, he passed us like a freight train passing a hobo!"
--Lisa P.

Just sold to Larry
2-17-2019: 97 CC LWB 4X4 7.3 with full banks kit, John Wood E4OD. 139K miles
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 10:07 PM
2010 BOB Points Runner up

Send a message via AIM to Dieselfever Send a message via Yahoo to Dieselfever Send a message via Skype™ to Dieselfever

If you haven't yet, try taking the A/C box apart like mentioned above. Its only like 8 or 10 screws I think

-Michael

Michael

1997 F350: Regular cab XLT, 7.3L PSD, 5 speed, 4x4, 3.55 - Some Stuff
2000 F350: Crew Cab, Lariat, 7.3L PSD, 6 speed, 4x4, 3.73 - More Stuff
2001 VW Golf: 4 door, GLS, 1.9L TDi, 5 speed - Darn near makes fuel!

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 11:28 PM
PSN Veteran

You have to take the AC cover off to do it... there still may be one that conflicts with the back part of the box.

there are a lot of those screws.. I still ended up with two I couldn't find homes for after I was finished...
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layson View Post
You have to take the AC cover off to do it... there still may be one that conflicts with the back part of the box.

there are a lot of those screws.. I still ended up with two I couldn't find homes for after I was finished...
You are just improving on the engineers design and not reusing those spare parts. Besides, with the weight reduction you'll go faster and get better fuel mileage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode