Boost gauge question.. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 12:33 AM Thread Starter

Boost gauge question..

when i have my truck in stock position i boost 20psi, but when i put it in 140 position and turn my boost up my gauge will only read to about 24-25psi and i know im boosting more than that.. I have my gauge hooked in at the map sensor vacuum line. Im trying to boost 30psi and i cant remember where i read it but i seen something where u have to tap in somewhere on the intake to read boost pressure over 25psi..? is there anyone that has done that or is there something i did wrong?? i know my gauge works so thats not the problem.. Any ideas??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 12:40 AM

Re: Boost gauge question..

The MAP sensor doesn't have a vacuum line. The engine doesn't make any vacuum to read.

What do you mean you turn your boost up?

If you have a pop-off or regulator in the map line you need to read on the supply side (intake manifold) of the boost fooler to get real manifold pressure. Withoug a boost fooler the truck will defuel and you won't make much more than 24-25psi.

It'd also be nice to know what year truck and what mods you have.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 12:46 AM
PSN Veteran

Do you have a boost fooler? the pcm will defuel at about 25psi. map line location is not good for boost reading. you can do an AIH "air intake heater" delete. you remove the heater element and install a plug with a nipple fitting for the boost line. then you will be reading the manifold boost pressure.

02 dmax cc dually 4wd "miss piggy" tow bitch, afe pr7, magnaflow, Kennedy lift pump, dual rail mount filters, PPE tunes
00 f350 srw rc=6100lbs
ats comp housing,bdp 1.0 exhaust,afe pr7,4in turbo back magnaflow,hx cross,di regulated return,bbha,dp hi,40,80e,120r,6.oh no cooler autometer gauges, dual rail mount filters
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 01:14 AM Thread Starter

I have jodys adjustable overboost anilater(sp?) I have my T between that and the intake. Its not defueling in the 140 position.. Its a 02 f250 7.3L
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 01:41 AM

Do you have the ITP regulator set too low? If it's too low the MAP isn't seeing enough boost to get to full fuel in the programming. Use a scanner to monitor the boost.

Have you checked for boost leaks and exhaust leaks? What mods done to this truck? How do you know it's not defueling? Any codes?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 01:41 AM
DILLIGAFF

Send a message via AIM to Redfish

Hmm, you must be reading the PSI AFTER the regulator.

2006 F-250 CC King Ranch, Harley Headlights w/ 55w HIDs
ARP studs, MBRP 4" exhaust and AM Colbalts By:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, AFE stg. 2 Pro Guard 7 from XDP, SCT from innovative!
14.09 @ 94 1.85 60'

~

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 06:31 AM Thread Starter

I will take a picture in the morning and show ya where i have it.. If i did that AIH delete, would it throw any codes?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 06:37 AM
utah get me two

25 psi is the limit on the stock turbo anyway,run it in the 30 zone and it wont live all that long.
but if you really want a grip of boost,just unplug the wastegate

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2001 f250 4x4 cc sb 6 in lift...dp 6 pos..
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 06:03 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02f250dp View Post
I will take a picture in the morning and show ya where i have it.. If i did that AIH delete, would it throw any codes?
yes, but a soft code. cel will not come on, but there will always be a code on the pcm=aih
it does not need the heater even in very cold weather, and it will not affect any pcm values.
there is a little trick if you don't want the code on your pcm, but i don't remember what it is. relay, resistor? something like that.

early 99's don't have an aih. you never hear of them having a problem with intake air being too cold.

02 dmax cc dually 4wd "miss piggy" tow bitch, afe pr7, magnaflow, Kennedy lift pump, dual rail mount filters, PPE tunes
00 f350 srw rc=6100lbs
ats comp housing,bdp 1.0 exhaust,afe pr7,4in turbo back magnaflow,hx cross,di regulated return,bbha,dp hi,40,80e,120r,6.oh no cooler autometer gauges, dual rail mount filters
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Banned

I'm an early 99 guy with a late model PCM, so even though I don't have an IAH, a place for one, nor a freaking wire to plug into one.... my PCM still tells me it's messed up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode