injector help. can i have my cake and eat it too? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER

injector help. can i have my cake and eat it too?

early 99 and I want a good 400+ HP but want to tow a lot to.. can this be done with a 160 cc single shot while keeping EGT's in check..I have a stock IC and a 99.5 stock turbo and a 17 HPOP.. PCM up grade and tuning will be done with injector swap as well as a moded 140 IDM....van turbo or maybe a BB turbo is in the plans at a later date..but can only afford the injectors right now...also will my stock 120 cc injectors be excepted as cores?? thanks guy's

Early 99 7.3 F350 auto,TN T-4 mount with a s467 for air,H-11's stud's SRP 1.1 for oil all supplied by unlimited diesel..beehives, DI push rod's, new alliant 315/200 hybrids,Driven diesel fuel system with a fuel lab 41401. ...tuned by Gearhead..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

88 F250 7.3 IDI plow truck 112k - bone stock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 09:56 PM
OEM Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Tom S
Re: injector help. can i have my cake and eat it too?

I think 400plus HP is a little lofty with 160cc injectors unless they have modded nozzles.

1996 F250 Powerstroke 4X4 AUTO
DP-Tuner F-6 chip live tuned, BTS Transmission, Garrett 38R Turbo, Swamps Injectors 150cc, electric fuel,
Banks Intercooler, Reflexxions Cowl Hood, 17 degree HPOP, 4" Stainless Magnaflow &
Aeroturbine exhaust, Aeroforce OBD Scan Gauge, Truxedo tonneau cover
Dana 60 Precision Metal Fab RSK and SD Springs
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER

thanks for the reply
i was looking at these from Beans
http://www.beansdieselperformance.co...e/prod_15.html

or would the 175/146 from swamps be better??second one down in this link
http://swampsdiesel.com/

what would you recommend ??

Early 99 7.3 F350 auto,TN T-4 mount with a s467 for air,H-11's stud's SRP 1.1 for oil all supplied by unlimited diesel..beehives, DI push rod's, new alliant 315/200 hybrids,Driven diesel fuel system with a fuel lab 41401. ...tuned by Gearhead..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 11:17 PM
Crusty old Bastich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron's power stroke View Post
early 99 and I want a good 400+ HP but want to tow a lot to.. can this be done with a 160 cc single shot while keeping EGT's in check..I have a stock IC and a 99.5 stock turbo and a 17 HPOP.. PCM up grade and tuning will be done with injector swap as well as a moded 140 IDM....van turbo or maybe a BB turbo is in the plans at a later date..but can only afford the injectors right now...also will my stock 120 cc injectors be excepted as cores?? thanks guy's

Bean/Casserly stage two's (160cc) with the correct supporting mods will easily get you to 400+. (See sig.) I towed medium heavy today in my 406 hp daily driver burn, 24 ft inclosed trailer around 10,000 lbs), about 400 miles and I had forgotten how good the combo of these two's and Beans d-66 pull a rig!! This is the first long pull I have made since I installed the Caltrac suspension system and with a heavy tag trailer they made it fell like I was pulling an unloaded gooseneck!! I'm one happy camper!!

A turbo upgrade, the correct fuel system and Casserly's two's are a sweet towing set-up.....I'm thinking about upgrading injectors, pm me about mine if you are interested....

Jim

96 CC 2wd Dually

BDP engine build
BDP D-66
BDP/Casserly Hybrids
BDP twin pump fuel system

Hypermax Rods
Caltracs
Detroit locker
FactoryTech tranny

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-StarJ.R. View Post
Bean/Casserly stage two's (160cc) with the correct supporting mods will easily get you to 400+. (See sig.) I towed medium heavy today in my 406 hp daily driver burn, 24 ft inclosed trailer around 10,000 lbs), about 400 miles and I had forgotten how good the combo of these two's and Beans d-66 pull a rig!! This is the first long pull I have made since I installed the Caltrac suspension system and with a heavy tag trailer they made it fell like I was pulling an unloaded gooseneck!! I'm one happy camper!!

A turbo upgrade, the correct fuel system and Casserly's two's are a sweet towing set-up.....I'm thinking about upgrading injectors, pm me about mine if you are interested....
is this your truck with them mods in you sig?? i like,,,

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 12:04 AM
Crusty old Bastich

Quote:
is this your truck with them mods in you sig?? i like,,,
Yep, that's my ol wide butted obs. Here is under the hood...

Jim

96 CC 2wd Dually

BDP engine build
BDP D-66
BDP/Casserly Hybrids

Hypermax Rods
Caltracs
Detroit locker
FactoryTech tranny

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER

damn that looks sweet... where did you get the chrome spider??? is that a 01 motor stuffed in there?? or is it the OBS rebuilt in 01??

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 01:19 AM
Crusty old Bastich

Quote:
damn that looks sweet... where did you get the chrome spider??? is that a 01 motor stuffed in there?? or is it the OBS rebuilt in 01??
Ron, Thanks for the compliment! That is a stock early '99 spider that I slicked up....

the tubes are welded up combo pieces of stock SD and 6.0 tubes by my good friend "Sniper on high." I buffed them down and found some high temp clear coat for the finish on all three pieces.

Bean built me an awesome stock motor, (except for balancing the bottom, 910 springs and studs), in Jan. of last year after I windowed the block by floating the valves one to many times and running tuning other than what I run now....

Jim

96 CC 2wd Dually

BDP engine build
BDP D-66
BDP/Casserly Hybrids

Hypermax Rods
Caltracs
Detroit locker
FactoryTech tranny

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 01:58 AM
Banned

I made right at 430rwhp with bone stock nozzles. I could have towed at WOT and stayed cool if not for the rest of the driveline suffering catastrophic failure, as it eventually did.

I believe I was injecting at maximum of 180cc per 1000 shots. Maybe less.

Stock nozzles will make 400hp, but it takes some doing. And they will be the most behaved when towing of any nozzle.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 02:03 AM
PSN Veteran

i have swamp inj and i love them they are a 215/220 though

late 99 f350, guages, mbrp, cold air, SWAMPS 300/200 hybrids, gen 3, fuel lab, fuel regulator, gt42r and of course a ts tuner by swamps , currently broke

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode