Can you all help me... With a parts list... - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 12:18 AM Thread Starter
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Can you all help me... With a parts list...

I need to get a ball park Idea what I am looking at...

1. Pistons...
2. Rods
3. Studs while its out
4. full bearing kit? Might as well make it new???
5. what about a lpop? might as well get a new one???
6. Valves? I am not looking to go big or expesive, was quite happy power wise, so do I need to do anything to the valves?

What else?

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 12:33 AM
RDRCM

Re: Can you all help me... With a parts list...

1. daddy's checkbook

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

2006 Almighty CumminGs
post #3 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 12:42 AM

1) Full Rebuild kit, from BWD. Includes pistons, lpop, seals, rod/main bearings.
$1200

2) H11's from WOP
$725

3) BWD valvesprings. Clicky
Comp 910's might be cheaper

4) Valves, not sure on price. I would also go with stock pushrods.

5) Cost to get your forged rods magnafluxed and shotpeened. I would do this at a minimum, it would suck to build another engine using a compromised rod.

That should get you started. I'm by no means an expert, just saying what I would do, and plan to.

post #4 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 12:44 AM

stock valves are ok, just put good springs in it. Mahle pistons are pretty standard, good quality and easy to source. Coat them if you feel like it, otherwise run them naked.

If you only want 400 +/- then find a decent set of OEM forged rods, and if you are worried about it have them shot peened.

I'd put a girdle on it. The blocks are very strong so long as the thrust load from crank walk is kept to minimum. Most guys think they are not necessary, and they are right. But they sure help avoid blocks splitting and broken cranks and the machine work on the cap to saddles is not real good and higher engine output only makes it worse.

Put a melling lpop in it. They aren't that expensive and if you have to have the engine that far apart you might as well put one in.

Have the decks checked for flatness and have them surfaced if necessary. Have the block line bored, with the studs and girdle installed if you use one, or whatever fastener you intend to run in the engine.
post #5 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 12:45 AM
Corona Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post

1. Pistons...
2. Rods
3. Studs while its out
6. Valves? I am not looking to go big or expesive, was quite happy power wise, so do I need to do anything to the valves?

What else?
That is the same stuff I will be putting in mine when I pull it for a build. The only other thing I would do if you have time is maybe a mild P and P.

2007 DODGE 2500 CREW CAB 4X4 5.9 LITER CUMMINS
2002 FORD F-250 CREW CAB 4X4 POWERSTROKE
post #6 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 12:56 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post

1. Pistons...
2. Rods
3. Studs while its out

What else?
I'd get the rebuild kit
forged rods: magnafluxed, peened, cryo'd (if you like)
H11's, melling LPOP, fluidampr
BWD valves, and pushrods - don't want to bend a stocker if you have stronger valve springs.
girdle - like 69W900A and many have said the V8's have main walk, better safe than sorry
anything else easier to do with the motor out that you may have intended on doing, i.e. ceramic coating exhaust parts, HPOP(sounds like you're getting the CA), fuel system, etc.
just what i'd do.

2002 F250
post #7 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadowDiesel View Post
I'd get the rebuild kit
forged rods: magnafluxed, peened, cryo'd (if you like)
H11's, melling LPOP, fluidampr
BWD valves, and pushrods - don't want to bend a stocker if you have stronger valve springs.
girdle - like 69W900A and many have said the V8's have main walk, better safe than sorry
anything else easier to do with the motor out that you may have intended on doing, i.e. ceramic coating exhaust parts, HPOP(sounds like you're getting the CA), fuel system, etc.
just what i'd do.

Bent stockers are easy to replace, I'd rather have the "weak link" of a bent pushrod than to have indestructable pushrods and snap a connecting rod.
JMO though.
Stockers are cheaper by a long shot too
post #8 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 01:02 AM

Mahle pistons/rings
all main/rod/cam bearings
gasket kit
I'd be willing to bet your exhaust valves are worn on the stems so at least new exhaust valves and probably bronze sleves in the guides
valve springs and possibly retainers
rods
main studs
don't waste your money on a girdle. They don't really help for what they are supposed to anyway. You need to hold the top of the caps in place where the sit at the block not the bottoms. A girdle won't do that.
might as well do the new LPOP
you'll need to piece together several of the o-rings being they don't come in the gasket kit. The HPO rail o-rings and the main end plugs are some I'd get along with the ones that go on the oil check ball plug on the top front of the block and turbo pedistal o-rings.
Head studs from DI

I know IH has a complete overhaul kit that comes with the pistons/bearings/gaskets etc. Seems as I recall it was right around $1K.
post #9 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregrob View Post
Bent stockers are easy to replace, I'd rather have the "weak link" of a bent pushrod than to have indestructable pushrods and snap a connecting rod.
JMO though.
Stockers are cheaper by a long shot too
How in the hell is a stronger pushrod going to snap a connecting rod???????
post #10 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 01:09 AM

Really a girdle doesn't do what it's supposed too? Why then does ever serious racer who runs V8's use them? If I didn't have a girdle on my race car the crank wouldn't make it though the burn out.

The girdle is worth the money. So is good machine work. Buy cheap pushrods, valve cover gaskets, but spend the money on good machine work. The amount of power and life that engine will see is directly related to the foundation, which is the machine work all the parts get bolted into.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode