Body Lift Upper Rad. Hose help - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JohnT
Body Lift Upper Rad. Hose help

I got my truck running again, but it lasted only about 20 minutes, I took it down my road came home, saw a small drip from the upper radiator hose were there is a union that was installed so the hose did not hit the belt, and so it went above the alternator instead of through the belt. Here is the best picture I got anyways of what the line looks like. The union was basically directly above the alternator pulley, you can see the clamp.

I went ahead to tighten it, and it got worse. So I go to take the union out, and the damn thing cracks in half. I have tried every parts house between my house and work(quite a few of them), home depot, lowes to try and find the union. I have had no luck at all.

Anyone got an idea of where to find this 1.5" barbed plastic union at, or to those who have done it, what did you do to the upper line to make it work? I am trying to stay away from using a piece of exhaust pipe, but if all else fails I will have to.

99 PSD 4x4 CCLB
05 PSD 4x2 RCLB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 06:09 PM
Banning Smut

Re: Body Lift Upper Rad. Hose help

I think my kit came with a new hose....or atleast the part number to use.

Have you tried calling Performance Accessories?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 06:39 PM
PSN Local

Send a message via Yahoo to 1999F350

what kit did you use? im thinking of doing a body lift myself. looks good from under the hood. do you have any pics of the truck?

1999.5 F350 XLT EXT CAB AUTO 4X4,K&N W/6037, DPF5,HIGH IDLE,80T,80E,120R,140BOOSTFOOLER,PHANTOM2 GAUGES BOOST,TRANS, EGT,CUSTOM 4R100 W/ JWVB,BILLET HARD PARTS,427LINE,RACERX PARTS,BD PAN,6.0 COOLER,DETROIT TRU TRAC,3.73,VAN TURBO W/ATS&HIFLO OUTLET,4" STRAIT PIPE,AFE INTAKE MAN,140V IDM,325/60/20 NITTOS,2.5"LEVELKIT,OPTIMA'S,PIONEER DVD/NAV

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 06:44 PM
Banning Smut

Mine was a Performance Accessories 3" kit for F250/350 gassers. It has since been removed.

|
|
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 07:00 PM
HRT Performance

I cut my factory hose in half and installed a peice of exhaust pipe I had on the shelf in it as an extension.

2006 Dmax MPI compounds
2015 VW Jetta TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JohnT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTSUPERD View Post
I think my kit came with a new hose....or atleast the part number to use.

Have you tried calling Performance Accessories?
Im not sure if thats the kit my truck has, I bought the truck with the lift on it. I should have asked more questions when I bought it. Ill try to calling them or doing what hotrodtractor said, since I thinking trying to find this union piece is going to be a bit harder than a planned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999F350 View Post
what kit did you use? im thinking of doing a body lift myself. looks good from under the hood. do you have any pics of the truck?
No clue what kit it is. Here are a couple pictures of it though...

Back when it had stacks lol. Now its rockin a full 4"Exhaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodTractor View Post
I cut my factory hose in half and installed a piece of exhaust pipe I had on the shelf in it as an extension.
The coolant doesn't seep out on you does it? That what I was worried about, which is why I was trying to get another barbed fitting. I may just try this route, but I was concerned about it leaking.

99 PSD 4x4 CCLB
05 PSD 4x2 RCLB
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 07:38 PM
HRT Performance

Nope, I've done lots of things to that setup but the coolant doesn't leak at that location

Just be carefull and keep the hose away from the pulley, remember the motor moves around when running so when it torques up its going right for that hose. Make sure you have enough room there. Mine got close once and I have a little rub mark to show it, but I caught it in time to correct.

2006 Dmax MPI compounds
2015 VW Jetta TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 07:45 PM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via MSN to samdust

man i bet a turbo removal would be a breeze with a body lift. alll that room.

2001 f-250,7.3,4x4,cc

CORNFED RANGER

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 07:47 PM
HRT Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by samdust View Post
man i bet a turbo removal would be a breeze with a body lift. alll that room.
I had to put the body lift on the get the turbo to fit!

2006 Dmax MPI compounds
2015 VW Jetta TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 08:03 PM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via MSN to samdust

nice

2001 f-250,7.3,4x4,cc

CORNFED RANGER

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode