Strange issue - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Strange issue

I was doing some CCT testing/code pulling today, and found a strange issue. I did these tests when the truck was hot, after driving for about 45 mins hwy. In my stock setting when it is hot it sometimes has a lopey/rough idle and i notice the ICP is a little low, i.e. 750-800. When i performed the tests via my scangauge (while idling lopey/rough) it came back with the normal AIH and wastegate codes but in addition a cylinder balance fault #4. So i tried the CCT in some other tunes that have more icp (900-950) it idles much smoother. After doing the test it only came back with the AIH and wastegate codes, no P0284.

Should i just ask jody for some more ICP in my stock setting? Has anyone ever seen low ICP cause a "misfire"? Anyone have any other ideas why this would happen? It only comes up with that code when the engine is hot. It will not come up with those codes if i do the test in the stock setting when the engine is cooler (not idling lopey/rough).

07 CCSB 4x4 Lariat FX4 Bronze Metallic/Sage
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Re: Strange issue

One more thing to add, it has idled like this from day 1 since i put the injectors in when hot or after beating on it.

EDIT: The truck has hybrids.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

anyone???

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 04:26 AM
Construction Babysitter

I don't really have any input on the issue. However, mine has done the same thing ever since I installed the b-codes. Maybe just a single shot injector thing. I am sure it can be tuned out, and it is probably different for every truck

Dave

99.5 F250 Lariat : 6" lift on 37" Toyo MT's, DP Tunes, Built Transmission, Airbags, AIH Delete, 38R, Banks Big Head, CCV Mod, Sinister Regulated Return, IH bellowed up pipes, AFE Stage II, ISSPro Performax gauges, Scan Gauge, Casserly Stage I's, T-500 HPOP, Swamp's IDM
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

I contacted Jody about it so we'll see what he says.

Does yours do the same thing with the CCT?

It will only fail the CCT if the idle hasnt "settled", if you know what i mean. Once it settled and smoothed out, it will pass it fine.

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 01:22 PM
Subject Matter Expert

But if you consider 750-800 low, what is 450-550 at idle considered?

Stock
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

450-500 is with split shots normal with split shots...i have single shots. They require more ICP pressure at idle for smooth idle operation.

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 01:40 PM
Subject Matter Expert

My single shots only ran around 600 or so at idle, albeit they were a lil bit smaller than 235's.

Stock
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Well, the issue is it seems like when it idles "funny" the ICP is lower than normal for that tune. My stock tune is usually around 850ish or so and i noticed when it doesnt idle smoothly the ICP is around 100 psi lower. It my other tunes were the idle icp is 950ish it idles perfectly, even after running it hard.

I also have larger than stock nozzles (.008) so more ICP would be required to achieve better atomization for smoother idle.

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 01:56 PM
Subject Matter Expert

Whats the duty cycle value doing as the truck is making the funny sounding idle?

Stock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode