My issues with injectors and tunes. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Power

My issues with injectors and tunes.

Through this whole process my stress level and frustration has been pretty high. I will say that it looks like I figured out a piece of the puzzle. Some said it's the injectors others said it's programing. I wanted to hook last night but at 10:30 the sled broke.

I found with both map regulators I tried, what worked on the street didn't work in front of the sled. Trying to keep the pressure up to the map (pcm) and not trip the ses light has been a real problem. Under normal driving it would work fine. Hooked to the sled I found in data logs the the pressure was spiking. Wasn't sure if it was a map problem pressure problem or what. The air regulators are designed to be pass through and not dead head. I think this is going to fix the issue.

McMaster-Carr
9137K45
Cryogenic Valve— Intended for compressed air and gaseous cryogenic liquids. Cleaned, degreased, and packaged for oxygen service. Has a PTFE seal and Type 440 stainless steel spring and ball. Temp. range is -250° to +350° F. Connections: NPT male bottom inlet and vented side outlet. For cryogenic valve, please specify pressure range: 0 to 5, 6 to 15, 16 to 37, 38 to 140, 141 to 300, or 301 to 400 psi.

A pop of valve alone will never keep up. With this inline after the regulator it eliminates the pressure surge and spike in the map reading. It should now be able to hold the 22 psi during a pull and not just a 22 psi spike at the start. Maybe why it always fueled good on the line and cleaned up so much down track.

I can't say thank you enough to Jody and Diane at DP-Tuner for all they have done. They along with Jim Rose at DYI and even David at DI have taken a few jabs over this whole issue. I've heard it all. Without their help I wouldn't be out there trying.

Kevin

12v CONVERSION IN PROGRESS, Special thanks to:
South Bend Clutch, MOTORSPORTSSUPPLY.COM, Pure Diesel Power & Performance, Carson Stauffer Diesel Service, Weston Shupe, zstroken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 06:25 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: My issues with injectors and tunes.

Ah shucks Kevin. Thanks, but really... thank you for continuing to get out there.

Hope this works. Keep us posted.

Diane
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 07:00 PM
7.3 PSD Mythology Expert

Quote:
A pop of valve alone will never keep up
Properly built they work great.

David Lott
Quote:
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!
No purpose no happiness, know purpose know happiness ---> Happiness is a direction not a destination.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 07:31 PM
ARMY bound

The one I got from DI did not work well, truck was a dog. I got the one from ITP and that fixed the problem for me.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 07:40 PM
7.3 PSD Mythology Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbxcursion View Post
The one I got from DI did not work well, truck was a dog. I got the one from ITP and that fixed the problem for me.
So your saying my truck would run even better with the one from ITP

David Lott
Quote:
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!
No purpose no happiness, know purpose know happiness ---> Happiness is a direction not a destination.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 07:52 PM
PSN Veteran

Kevin,

We have a reg. I can put your name on. You can install it in PA. Real easy to install.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Power

Bring it along I'll try anything. I think this is going to work.

Kevin

12v CONVERSION IN PROGRESS, Special thanks to:
South Bend Clutch, MOTORSPORTSSUPPLY.COM, Pure Diesel Power & Performance, Carson Stauffer Diesel Service, Weston Shupe, zstroken
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 10:39 PM
ARMY bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstroke Racer View Post
So your saying my truck would run even better with the one from ITP
You got it! It's what's holding you back from beating Zane!
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 11:07 PM
Banned

I can run the hose straight from the manifold to the map sensor, set the light immediately and still not experience anything like you are.

I sincerely suggest looking somewhere else as I don't see this being the true issue.

Good Luck.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 01:50 AM
Bigfoot is an OBS

SD truck uses an analog output MAP sensor IIRC. Does anyone know if the output of the MAP goes nuts when boost is way up, or does it just max out?

I ask because if you run the MAP signal through a single supply rail to rail op-amp in a follower configuration and use a voltage supply to the op-amp that is 0.05v less than the voltage that sets the CEL, then no more CEL, no more regulators, no more fuss.
I personally like the looks of the LMC6492. No phase inversion when the signal exceeds the supply makes it perfect for this application.
Of course, this does no good if the MAP signal is going everywhere.

Go ARMY!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode