reverse fpr shim mod - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 12:29 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

reverse fpr shim mod

With the combo in sig and stock fuel system, pump, bowl, and all, my fuel pressure was 60 at idle and would drop to 20 at wot!

I replaced the pump with a walbro 392 and fp at idle is now 75-80. I am out of zip ties, so I could not attach the gauge to my wiper to see any pressure drop. I will see what it does tomorrow.

Anyways, I want (need?) to bring the fp down. How do I do this? If you shim the spring for more, do you cut the spring for less?

Oh, and I am running the stock fuel system because I have a vegistroke system waiting to be installed.

03 E-350 7.3, forged rods, exhaust ported heads, comp 910's, 38R/47, 4.10LS, stealth twin pumps, 300cc hybrids from Swamps, h-11's, racerx trans and TC, Swamps tunes, water...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 12:40 AM
owner/president

Send a message via MSN to dixieland-diesels
Re: reverse fpr shim mod

I dont know that much about '' vegistroke"? but i do know that the INTERNATIONAL psi was sabostabe at 70 P.S.I until FORD reduced it down with thier fuel regulator CRAP!

03 lariat cc,4x4 7.3,DP-F5,36''MT,8"lift w/trac.bars,4"Silverline ss.exh,AFE II,Optimas,ATS housing,WW,Turbomaster,6.0 IC & tranny cooler,BTS,ISSPRO gauges,HPX,ITP RR,BRV+,Powerslots,WARN prem-hubs,coolant filter,ccv mod,08 mirrors,ARP's,mod.fuel & inj's.,Crower rods,AIH delete,AMSOIL fluids. ~waitn on the 38R~
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

www.dinofuelalternatives.com

Once I get to a certain temp, I will be running off a separate fuel system.

Pretty sure a constant 60ish psi is what most people are happy with.

03 E-350 7.3, forged rods, exhaust ported heads, comp 910's, 38R/47, 4.10LS, stealth twin pumps, 300cc hybrids from Swamps, h-11's, racerx trans and TC, Swamps tunes, water...

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 12:51 AM
owner/president

Send a message via MSN to dixieland-diesels

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpm-inc View Post
www.dinofuelalternatives.com

Once I get to a certain temp, I will be running off a separate fuel system.

Pretty sure a constant 60ish psi is what most people are happy with.
I agree with ya, but as close to 70 psi as i can get the better, but not over.Also depending on what else u-all have done to the motor.

03 lariat cc,4x4 7.3,DP-F5,36''MT,8"lift w/trac.bars,4"Silverline ss.exh,AFE II,Optimas,ATS housing,WW,Turbomaster,6.0 IC & tranny cooler,BTS,ISSPRO gauges,HPX,ITP RR,BRV+,Powerslots,WARN prem-hubs,coolant filter,ccv mod,08 mirrors,ARP's,mod.fuel & inj's.,Crower rods,AIH delete,AMSOIL fluids. ~waitn on the 38R~
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 01:37 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Mods are in sig in first post. I don't know why it doesn't show up in every post.

post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 02:00 AM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JohnT

I don't see why it would not work, just don't take off too much at one time.

99 PSD 4x4 CCLB
05 PSD 4x2 RCLB
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 02:14 AM
Banned

I'd be interested to know why it's so high? Why isn't it "regulating" on it's own. It's acting more like a bleed orifice than a regulator being that changes in pump volume seem to be directly effecting the system pressure.

What's up with that? Return line kinked or something?
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 09:13 AM
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER

cant help ya on the pump..but forget the zip locks... build your self one of these.. click on the pic to see how easy and cheap it is..the gauge came from Dennis at ITP..working a light set up now..

Early 99 7.3 F350 auto,TN T-4 mount with a s467 for air,H-11's stud's SRP 1.1 for oil all supplied by unlimited diesel..beehives, DI push rod's, new alliant 315/200 hybrids,Driven diesel fuel system with a fuel lab 41401. ...tuned by Gearhead..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

88 F250 7.3 IDI plow truck 112k - bone stock.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I'd be interested to know why it's so high? Why isn't it "regulating" on it's own. It's acting more like a bleed orifice than a regulator being that changes in pump volume seem to be directly effecting the system pressure.

What's up with that? Return line kinked or something?
I was under the assumption that the new pump would still give me 60 psi at idle like the old pump, but then be able to maintain that pressure. No kinks or anything.

But I wasn't really surprised when it wasnt.

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 12:40 PM
PSN Veteran

did you ever do a FPR shim mod? Maybe something is up with the spring...

Also as far as pressure, run it around 55-57 psi at idle. Thats where i made the most power with my truck...originally at 64 psi idle and when i lowered it i gained 14 hp on the dyno...

07 CCSB 4x4 Lariat FX4 Bronze Metallic/Sage
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode