Injector tips - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Cool Injector tips

Help where is the best place to buy some good injector tips. That are new and extrude honed, I have just had my second injector tip crack and break going down the road. They are Hypermax stage II injectors and they work great other than this, It sucks being out on the highway and traveling and have this happen. What tips are the best for all around performance on stage IIs. And can you put tips on without completely taking the injector apart?????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 07:48 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Injector tips

try diy-injectors.com

99 F-250-SOLD

2006 Dodge Ram Big Horn Edition Quad Cab 4x4 SB, Smarty/Edge EZ, FBD 5" exhaust system HTT turbo...... and an Airdog 150 compliments of Charlie & Competition Diesel....more on the way.

502/960
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 07:54 PM
Starting Over

I thought when inj tips crack it is caused by water in the fuel

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 08:05 PM
PSN Veteran

also i've heard that if you have used nozzles edm'd they have a high chance of cracking.

2013 ccsb 4x4-stock
99 ccsb 4x4- built to the hilt, wife's DD!
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Banned

Yes, injector nozzles cracking is usually caused by nothing more than the EDM process itself.

Look at the stats of cracked bone stock nozzles.....

Swamps has a couple different Extrude Hone sizes to choose from produced directly from Brand New 7 hole nozzles. I believe you can still get the size I run although they usually sell some that flow slightly more than mine do.

Or you can get a set of new nozzles and send them directly to EH or your abrasive machining company of choice. Or send some good stock used nozzles. Mine were just a set I snagged out of the attic space at swamps taken off of someone's A-codes long ago. Balance like a charm.

And no, you do not have to completely disassemble the injector to swap nozzle assemblies. But you will need some general injector eticate to be follwed, such as STRENGENTLY keeping the nozzle and needle together between nozzle assemblies and if you ever even for a second forget which needle went with wich nozzle......trash them....

Or just send you injectors to swamps or another injection shop and they will handle the meticulous work for you....as well as actually flow them to ensure they all balance for all other reasons maybe not having to do directly with the nozzles.

Good Luck.
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 01:31 AM

Give Ross or Scott at DDP a call. IMHO the best EH nozzles you can get! 360-794-7974. I've seen some of the aftermarket nozzles that are supposedly made bigger when manufactured and when looking in them with a bore scope they look very porus and have pitting on the pintle seat as well as having areas in the tip that weren't cast/machined properly that you could actually see where the pintle was hitting causing potential for the pintle to not seat properly. The only aftermarket nozzles I would run would be from Dipaco as they seem to be of OEM quality.
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 01:44 AM
ARMY bound

I had DDP tips on my truck for 1 week. I could not stand them so I took them out and put EDM's back in. The only thing the DDP tips did well was idle....That's it. They smoked like crazy and the truck had no bottom end. I must have tried a dozen programs trying to get them to run right. I got new EDM tips from Bean installed and the truck was MUCH better! Yeah the EH look good on a microscope, but they ran like crap in my truck.
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 02:11 AM
PSN Veteran

Wow, I agree with Geoff!

How big were they? I have DDP in my 95, truck runs perfect!

What did you do with them?
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 02:14 AM
South Atlanta white trash

I like Bean's

Garmon's Diesel Performance
SOLD...
01' F250 CC 7.3
16.5:1, Mahle's .0050 with harden forged, 37 deg. valve job, Comp 910's, 4130 pushrods, Mac/K&N
H-11 studs, HT turbo, DP tuned, Bean's injectors/plentums, DI's fuel system
Built trans with Red Altos/PI triple disc.
2010 CC 6.4, 6" lift, 20's & 35's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 02:22 AM
ARMY bound

I have no idea what size they were. Bean has the DDP tips, not sure what he did with them... They idled really nice, but these EDM's I got from Bean are real close the the EH idle.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode