All I have to say is, HOLY S*** Beans chip!!!! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 03:46 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

All I have to say is, HOLY S*** Beans chip!!!!

I am so impressed with Beans performance chip that i just put in about 3 hours ago. i have stock, high idle, tow, daily, hot, and smoke. I have not tried the tow yet but daily is great just enough power and shifting is awesome! my truck used to sort of slam into gear or it would be a rough shift and it has completely changed that. I cant believe how much the hot tune got my rig going. daily and hot are pretty close you can tell there is a power difference but both add plenty of power and the shifting is practically the same. The chip was way more than i expected it was going to be and i would recommend anybody who is looking for a tuner or is wanting to try other tunes to look into Beans tunes. they are phenomenal!! I would also like to say that in every tune my egts never went above 1300* I just want to thank Beans for putting so much work into making our trucks perform at their best while keeping things safe.

THANKS BEANS!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 02:55 PM
PSN Local

Re: All I have to say is, HOLY S*** Beans chip!!!!

I'm anxiously awaiting. Will be my third tuner , for no particular reason , other than different trucks and curiosity. However , Beans is pretty messed up on the fact they teased me ! I ordered mine on Monday along with a switch plate and a hat and lo and behold Wed. rolls around and i have a shiny little package with Beans tape all over it show up. Got all giddy like a lil kid at Christmas just to open it up to find the switcher and hat but no chip....I knew a two day turn was hoping for a little too much ! Glad to hear you like them ....still happily awaiting here.

03 7.3 with the new nose 8" and 37's 124k original and adding slowly

Sold - 00 X, 01 350, 02 350
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 05:40 PM
PSN Local

I cant brake 1100 deg.
The DD tune dynoed 303/598 before i added the w/m and billet WW.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagle1 View Post
I'm anxiously awaiting. Will be my third tuner , for no particular reason , other than different trucks and curiosity. However , Beans is pretty messed up on the fact they teased me ! I ordered mine on Monday along with a switch plate and a hat and lo and behold Wed. rolls around and i have a shiny little package with Beans tape all over it show up. Got all giddy like a lil kid at Christmas just to open it up to find the switcher and hat but no chip....I knew a two day turn was hoping for a little too much ! Glad to hear you like them ....still happily awaiting here.
mine took 2 weeks exactly and I also could not be patient enough but now that i have it it was worth the wait!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDER PRESSURE View Post
I cant brake 1100 deg.
The DD tune dynoed 303/598 before i added the w/m and billet WW.
i think mine could be lower because i do have a minor leak in my up-pipes that i hope to replace in the next month. found that out about 4 days before i got the chip when i started smelling a little exhaust in the cab.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 02:52 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtray View Post
mine took 2 weeks exactly and I also could not be patient enough but now that i have it it was worth the wait!

I hear that , am sporting a chip now so it's no biggie. Just want to see if there's a noticeable difference with a few things on my current one. This will make number three of the bigger burners talked about so....i will be able to offer factual recommendations based off my experiences.

Seems like the general consensus with Beans is all good though.

03 7.3 with the new nose 8" and 37's 124k original and adding slowly

Sold - 00 X, 01 350, 02 350
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagle1 View Post
I hear that , am sporting a chip now so it's no biggie. Just want to see if there's a noticeable difference with a few things on my current one. This will make number three of the bigger burners talked about so....i will be able to offer factual recommendations based off my experiences.

Seems like the general consensus with Beans is all good though.
a couple guys that i work with have Beans chips and they always have good things to say. most of the time its how they S*** dodge and chevys out there tailpipes!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

got to try out my tow tune for the first time today and it did not disappoint! I had to pick up a 10,000 lb forklift from the mechanics shop to bring it back to work and its about a 30 min. drive on the freeway. it felt like there wasnt even a trailer behind me, and doin 60-65 i never saw over 1200*. got up to speed with little effort and could pass on the freeway with ease and was able to maintain speed on hills with no problem.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 07:39 PM
PSN Veteran

beans decent on mileage? or anyone else offer better product for mpg?

SOLD - 2001 7.3 zf6 sclb 4 inch exhaust, s&b intake, ts chip

SOLD - 2002 7.3 ecsb 4" exhaust, s&b intake, diesel site wicked wheel 2, diesel site 4r100 trans, 175/80 injectors, tuned by gear head

CURRENT - 2013 6.7 ccsb - Absolute performance intake, Absolute performance egr delete, Absolute performance tuning, 5" exhaust
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 05:20 AM
Village Idiot

As far as mpg goes your dealing with physics...you have to change things like gear ratios weight, aero dynamics etc... gearvendors overdrive can do that but...will that kill an auto tranny maybe ...you cant use it in four wheel etc...

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode