turbo boot issues - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

turbo boot issues

anyone found a good set of boots, stockers were leakin, bought some aftermarket that immediately leaked, 2 didnt even fit. is stock the best option?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 05:25 PM
the stryker god

Re: turbo boot issues

Dieselsite has some good ones, i think mine are from riffraff
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 05:33 PM
PSN Veteran

i was thinking about getting a set from riffraff. question about tightening the clamps on the plastic intercooler ends, can you crack them if you tighten too much?

SOLD - 2001 7.3 zf6 sclb 4 inch exhaust, s&b intake, ts chip

SOLD - 2002 7.3 ecsb 4" exhaust, s&b intake, diesel site wicked wheel 2, diesel site 4r100 trans, 175/80 injectors, tuned by gear head

CURRENT - 2013 6.7 ccsb - Absolute performance intake, Absolute performance egr delete, Absolute performance tuning, 5" exhaust

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 06:07 PM
the stryker god

Yes. If you have problems with them blowin off spray them with hair spray
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 07:55 PM
Village Idiot

Dieselsite boots and hairspray should be the last set you ever need.
Solid top quailty units...though I would add the inserts to keep from Crushing intake plenums.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 08:15 PM
PSN Newb

Thanks southmike! The kind words are always appreciated... however, we do not support the use of hairspray whatsoever for our boots. It is a chemical and will cause a reaction that breaks down ANY boot material. The reason it "helps" the boots stick is because you've just glued your boot to your pipe. This is why some people are forced to use screwdrivers just to pull their boot off and then end up putting a hole through it.

What we offer instead to keep people from blowing their boots are our retaining rings. Here's the description of them from our website:

"You have heard about "O-rings" for your heads. Now use the same idea for holding on turbo cac hoses in high boost applications.

Simply slip the stainless wire over the tube until it sits in the negative bead groove. Slip the boot over the pipe and install your clamp over the area where the ring now rests. Gives the strength of welding a bead on your pipe without the need to take your pipes to a welder."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode