WW2 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 04:05 AM Thread Starter
TURBO LIT 'N' THAT WAS IT

WW2

ok so i just ordered my new gen. 2 wicked wheel "WW2" I wanna see who else is using this and if there are any dislikes with it, everything i have seen so far has been nothing but positive

03 SCSB (TOTALED)
00 ccsb zf6, 4" exhaust, 6637, ts chip w/php tunes, tinted glowshift gauges, ats ported housing,RR, leveled, ccv mod, pp mod, zoodad, intake heater delete, ebpv delete, WW2, t-500, South Bend clutch, more to possibly come
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 02:47 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: WW2

the only dislike was having to install it. other than that it functions flawlessly.

SOLD - 2001 7.3 zf6 sclb 4 inch exhaust, s&b intake, ts chip

SOLD - 2002 7.3 ecsb 4" exhaust, s&b intake, diesel site wicked wheel 2, diesel site 4r100 trans, 175/80 injectors, tuned by gear head

CURRENT - 2013 6.7 ccsb - Absolute performance intake, Absolute performance egr delete, Absolute performance tuning, 5" exhaust
post #3 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 05:56 PM
PSN Local

Mine is a little louder than i anticipated.

And heres some new info i logged today, hooked up a vsm to data log. Here is what we saw.
Baro..13.45
Ebp....13.5
A couple runs around his shop. These runs were with in 1 psi. From the screen shot comparisons.
2800 rpm
79% throttle
28 lbs boost (analog)
22 psi ebp (after correction)

Not bad for a stockish turbo. Less than 1 to1

post #4 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 08:43 PM
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.3 View Post
the only dislike was having to install it. other than that it functions flawlessly.
lol...littleinvolved?

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #5 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 01:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by southmike View Post
lol...littleinvolved?
lol, im an auto mechanic so hopefully this wont be too bad for me, it will be my first turbo project though.
And thanks for the inputs, cant wait to get this thing and see what it does

03 SCSB (TOTALED)
00 ccsb zf6, 4" exhaust, 6637, ts chip w/php tunes, tinted glowshift gauges, ats ported housing,RR, leveled, ccv mod, pp mod, zoodad, intake heater delete, ebpv delete, WW2, t-500, South Bend clutch, more to possibly come
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 01:44 AM
PSN Local

Not too bad, i didnt pull the turbo though. Used just the impact speed to pull the old wheel off....
post #7 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 01:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDER PRESSURE View Post
Not too bad, i didnt pull the turbo though. Used just the impact speed to pull the old wheel off....
thats the way i was planning on doing it, some ppl said you had to remove the turbo, but i didnt think you had too, should i use any lock tight or anything to put the nut for the wheel back on or is the few hits from the impact enough?

03 SCSB (TOTALED)
post #8 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 02:04 AM
PSN Local

I started it by hand untill the the shaft starting spinning. Then hit it with the impact untill i could see the same number of threads protruding, which for mine is 3. I see no need for loctite etc. as the wheel tightens as it spins during normal operation. I seen a guy on youtube do it... I was just very careful holding the impact to not put pressure on the shaft.

I did however have to pull the top rear oil plug on the head to get my angle socket in and remove the bottom rear cover bolt, and had to remove the crank case vent box to fit the impact.
It maybe took me an hour with my buddy handing me tools while i laid on a sleeping bag acroos the top of the motor.
I turned the speed down when installing the new wheel, billet aluminum vs. a steel shaft may not be the ideal situation when using an impact. But it worked for me.
post #9 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 02:07 AM
Road Hammer

Don't Loctite!

I did when I rebuild my turbo back in August . . . it was not fun to put the Gen 2 WW on the other week, lol.

The wheel spinning is in the "tightening" direction of the threads, so no worries there about it coming loose.

00' F350 XLT - SCSB, 4x4, 6-spd
94' Ranger - 306/5-spd in progress
06' KTM 525 EXC-R - Dual sport & SuperMoto
post #10 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 02:20 AM
Sponsor

Please don't ever use an impact gun on a turbo. It causes tremendous stress on the shaft. I know it's a pain, but pull the turbo. If you hold the turbine wheel shaft with vise grips, you can unscrew the wheel very easily.

And like others posted.... Don't use lock-tite.

Bob

Bob Riley, Owner:

:

Proud Sponsor of Powerstrokenation.com
GOT DIESEL?ģ Tech Line 352-257-1669

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode