Who has the best custom tunes? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 04:26 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Who has the best custom tunes?

Hello i have an early 99 f 250. I was wondering about your thoughs on who has the best custom tunes for a ts 6 pos chip. Anything has to be better then the superchips i have now. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 06:47 AM
PSN Newb

Re: Who has the best custom tunes?

Swamps, Gearhead, php, bts... all depends. Where are you located? if you are close to one of them, that might be the way to go because you will have easy access to live tuning. You are correct though, any of the mentioned above will be far beyond what you will ever get out of that superchips programmer. I'd say give a few of them a call and ask questions, then pick the one that suits your needs best.

I am running DP tunes with their f5 chip, but that chip is proprietary to DP only. If you already have a ts chip then one of the others will be best for you. If not, look into DP tuner as well.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by xChrisHx View Post
Swamps, Gearhead, php, bts... all depends. Where are you located? if you are close to one of them, that might be the way to go because you will have easy access to live tuning. You are correct though, any of the mentioned above will be far beyond what you will ever get out of that superchips programmer. I'd say give a few of them a call and ask questions, then pick the one that suits your needs best.

I am running DP tunes with their f5 chip, but that chip is proprietary to DP only. If you already have a ts chip then one of the others will be best for you. If not, look into DP tuner as well.
Well i live in east tennessee. what are your thoughts on beans? and i dont have the chip yet i was going to buy it from where i get the tunes.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 03:58 PM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to NMB2

I do 6pos with beans/no limit tunes.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 04:25 PM
the stryker god

Jonathan (bean's) tuner can flat out get it done
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 11:22 PM
PSN Newb

I went from superchips to Beans and love it. Will never look back

02 F250 CCSB Lariat 7.3L
Airaid intake, WWG2, Bellowed, AIH, HPX, Banks 4" TB, built tans, Autometer pyro boost trans, Insight CTS, Leveled on 33" Duratracs
and Beans tuned
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 03:30 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

What Beans tune is the best for all out performance?
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 03:23 PM
PSN Veteran

Their performance tune..

-Tyler-
-97 F-250 rclb, 305/70-16 cooper stt, 6637, PHP Hydra, AB's, e-fuel, sonnax, ebv delete, ccv mod, 3" dp to 6" tip--Sold
-08 Ram 3500 rclb, 6" Fabtech, 325/60-17 Nittos, egr/dpf delete, Efi by Draconian, s&b, 6" mitre
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 07:21 PM
Old Yeller, REBORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19stroker97 View Post
Their performance tune..

You will have success with any of the custom tuners on here. What is amazing is when you talk to them and they can give you exactly what you want the truck to do. (Definition of Custom?) . Learn somethin new from myself everyday.

REBORN 20 Over on 3/2/11- Pics in gallery- 2000 F250, Auto, 38r, Full Force 238cc/100%, TE 17* hpop, DP F5,HI,60T,80E,120R,140A, Studs and 910's with DI PR's, JW VB in 2nd stock tranny, Walbro 392, Bellowed, In-Tank, Pre-Pump, boost fooler, and RR. Air Dog, SS cover, 6.0 TOC,4" straight piped and guages, 6637, coolant filter, 4" Lift on 33's.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 07:24 PM
Village Idiot

not everyone can tune an early 99 the xle has its own unique codes...less tranny control etc.

dp has good tunes for a 99, as do a couple of others...a few of the big boys have had some issues with them. call talk to them about it.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode