lecce alternator - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 05:25 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

lecce alternator

well ive been in lookin for a good alternator for my 1999 f250 but it needs to be high out put i stubled apon this Leece-Neville 230 Amp High Output Alternator AVI160T2002-2, found on this websitehttp://www.xtremediesel.com/leece-neville230amphighoutputalternator.aspx?gclid=CLqgt PO88bQCFUWo4AodMiMAug

so i ran the part number and found other part numbers that this alternator inter changes with i then googled them and found this listing on ebay item number
130757120531 looks to be a direct replacement for the small 6g alt and with a great rep as the lecce alternator has im sure its great
what do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 04:40 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: lecce alternator

wow no one..
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 04:34 PM
Village Idiot

http://alternatorparts.com/6g-series...lternator.html

Alternator for these Excursions? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

alternators - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

heard mixed results on db, never heard about the one you had listed.
mine is an autozone duralast which the first lasted one day.
the only thing good about them is a lifetime waranty and lots of stores....
i was in the middle of nowhere and needed it then.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 05:19 PM
Administrator

helps to get responses if u post links to items in your question

Brand New Prestolite Leece Neville International Alternator AVI160T2002 3 | eBay

but I would/did spend My money on a large case from these guys 1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty 7.3L V8 Powerstroke Diesel Products

DTR's Donation page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 01:48 AM
PSN Local

At work we have 24 volt 200+ amp alternators on 16 cylinder engines which run near 24x7. They are brushless alternators made by prestolite and rarely fail compared to the other equipment which runs brushed alternators.

'01 F250 4x4. 6 spd. GTP38R, Bellowed up pipes, tymar, straight piped, boost & EGT guages.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 06:18 PM
PSN Local

Any body running the dual alternator setup from a van? Seems one could keep you going if the other craps out.

'00 F350 LBCC DRW 4X4 with Spectre filter, muff delete. TS 6 pos chip in hand (Not in truck). In-bed fuel tank. 480 K miles on truck, 180K on current engine. Former FEMA hauler. Gooseneck ball and 16K 5th hitch. Has the pump and controls for air-bags, but no bags.(yet)
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 08:43 PM
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarence_Carter View Post
Any body running the dual alternator setup from a van? Seems one could keep you going if the other craps out.
i bought the second alt and bracket ..but never installed it.
there is a bit of wiring to do to make things happen. haven't had the time to track all that down.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 11:41 PM
Caption This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarence_Carter View Post
I have dual alternators, but they aren't from a van. They came on the truck.

If only those who knew what they were talking about replied, this thread would still be on page one.
2000 F-250 CC 4x4 PSD Auto
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 01:21 AM
Administrator

yup it's an OEM option but the PCM needs to be set up for it and it's not just a redundant alt so really not an option to add a dual to an OEM single

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 01:34 AM
Caption This

I don't know any reason they couldn't be added. The hardest part would be the mounting.

If only those who knew what they were talking about replied, this thread would still be on page one.
2000 F-250 CC 4x4 PSD Auto

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode