Isspro ev2 questions - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 01:32 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Isspro ev2 questions

So I just got done installing my isspro ev2 gauge kit from diesel manor and I have a couple of questions. First, the gauges seem to be a bit twitchy, especially the boost gauge. I got boost and pyro, both are electric. Is there some sort of break in period or anything? It seemed to get a bit better once i drove a little. Second, when i shut the truck off the pyro stays at the last temp it was until the truck is started again. Is this normal? Third, the lights on the gauges seem to pulse at night (the lights) unless they are turned all the way up on the gauge dimmer switch. The gauge dimmer switch only uses about a quarter of the knob unitl they go blank (no light) for the last 3/4 of the knob. I have them tapped into the dash dimmer as well and when I dim the dash lights they only dim slightly until they go to this inbetween flash type thing (same this as when i use the gauge dimmer) and then they go blank when the dash keeps on dimming.
Is this normal?
Does it sound like the gauges are bad or the wiring or something? I followed the instructions exactly.
Any and all help appriciated.
Thanks,
Dan

e99 F-250 Reg. cab lariat 4x4 man transfer case, 6 speed 7.3
Isspro ev2 Boost, Pyro
MBRP 4" with muffler
Rigid d2's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 01:13 PM
PSN Local

Re: Isspro ev2 questions

Subscribe...

1999.5 F350 CC 4x4
& 2002 F250 CC 4x2 (Wifes)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 02:19 PM
PSN Local

My EV2's are a bit twitchy, I think it is because they are electric sending units. I especially notice my boost gauge, I use to have autometers, and the boost gauge was mechanical and it was a bit smoother. I have ridden in some newer Peterbilt's with electric sending units and they operate just like the Isspro's. When I shut the truck off, my pyro temp stays at the temperature at the point which I turned the truck off, once I turn the key on again to start the truck, the gauges reset. As far as the dimmer, mine does the same, I turn the dimmer about half and it turns the gauges all the way off, don't know why, it just does, but I rarely use my dimmer. The lights are a bit twitchy in the morning when the volts are low, but once the glow plugs kick off they are fine. So everything you mentioned is normal, at least when comparing them to my gauges. Hope this helps.

1996 F-350 cclb, H2E, e-fuel, srp1.1, custom tuning, banks intercooler, 3 in plenums, swamps babies, ARP's, comp 910's, Isspro EV2's, rsk v/c codes, 5 inch exhaust, king ranch seats, SD 10.5 axle, swamps idm, 6.0 fan, international w/p, hydroboost, SD trans lines, 6.0 trans cooler,6.0 P.S. pump

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldgirl1990 View Post
My EV2's are a bit twitchy, I think it is because they are electric sending units. I especially notice my boost gauge, I use to have autometers, and the boost gauge was mechanical and it was a bit smoother. I have ridden in some newer Peterbilt's with electric sending units and they operate just like the Isspro's. When I shut the truck off, my pyro temp stays at the temperature at the point which I turned the truck off, once I turn the key on again to start the truck, the gauges reset. As far as the dimmer, mine does the same, I turn the dimmer about half and it turns the gauges all the way off, don't know why, it just does, but I rarely use my dimmer. The lights are a bit twitchy in the morning when the volts are low, but once the glow plugs kick off they are fine. So everything you mentioned is normal, at least when comparing them to my gauges. Hope this helps.
Thanks for your reply. I can live with all of the above, just things i noticed and thought if this is not how it should be I better get it fixed right away. The more i drive, the more i relise that i dont really use the dimmer anyway... Guess it would just be nice if they could dim low but not the end of the world by any means.

Isspro ev2 Boost, Pyro
MBRP 4" with muffler
Rigid d2's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 08:47 PM
PSN Newb

They're LED lit so that is normal for them when you dim them down. It's like trying to put a dimmer on a florescent house lamp. They will flicker if dimmed below a certain point. I have them in my truck too and they do the same thing. As for them stopping when the truck is shut off, that's also normal. They use a stepper motor for the needle movement, so when you shut down the eng. the gauges loose power also. Just like your windshield wipers. When turn the key off, your wipers will stop in mid-motion. It's only when you re-power the ign back up that they'll go down again. Let me know if you have any other questions.

[B]David Murphy
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselManor View Post
They're LED lit so that is normal for them when you dim them down. It's like trying to put a dimmer on a florescent house lamp. They will flicker if dimmed below a certain point. I have them in my truck too and they do the same thing. As for them stopping when the truck is shut off, that's also normal. They use a stepper motor for the needle movement, so when you shut down the eng. the gauges loose power also. Just like your windshield wipers. When turn the key off, your wipers will stop in mid-motion. It's only when you re-power the ign back up that they'll go down again. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Didnt even think about emailing you guys about this. Thanks for the reply and thanks again for the kit.

Isspro ev2 Boost, Pyro
MBRP 4" with muffler
Rigid d2's

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 10:18 PM
PSN Veteran

Looks like the answers have been covered, but one question for 03machstock - does your truck have the auto-headlight option? If so, then it has a different voltage vs light output curve than the standard headlight versions, and that is why the gauges don't dim at the same rate. You can adjust this curve using the EV2 programmer R82003 (which is also used to activate and adjust the warning lights), or you can send them in to have us change the curve for you.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

95 F350 CC DRW, ISSPRO Performax gauges, Diamond Eye 3x4" DP & 5" exh, MBRP tip, Baby Swamps & tunes, Trans VB mods, Dunrite TC, Lock-Right, Cal-Tracs
99 Silverado race truck
96 F250 RCLB, bone stock
00 Jetta TDI, Kerma Tunes, Der Chimera Stg 3 clutch
73 & 74 Vega race cars, 92 GMC Typhoon, 73 Chevy Blazer with Pontiac 400, 73 Trans-Am 455
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2013, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Looks like the answers have been covered, but one question for 03machstock - does your truck have the auto-headlight option? If so, then it has a different voltage vs light output curve than the standard headlight versions, and that is why the gauges don't dim at the same rate. You can adjust this curve using the EV2 programmer R82003 (which is also used to activate and adjust the warning lights), or you can send them in to have us change the curve for you.

Regards,
Michael Pliska
My truck does not have the auto headlight option. Just off, parking, and on. No Fog or auto. Does this still affect anything, or are they set up for my truck as is.
Also, the more i drive it, the more i realise i leave everything full blast anyway so its not really an issue. These things are sweet though!

Isspro ev2 Boost, Pyro
MBRP 4" with muffler
Rigid d2's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode