I received my Swamps injectors yesterday. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I received my Swamps injectors yesterday.

I received my Swamps 200/30 stage 2 hybrid injectors and TS chip with Swamps tunes yesterday. The guys at Swamps have been great so far. I also picked up some new Ford glowplugs and injector hold down bolts. I think mabe I should have gotten new Uvch's just incase. My tunes are Daily_A4, HiIdle_B2, Hot_Daily_A1, Tow_P6, Drag_3B, 4500_Xtrm_A3 . I can't wait for tomorrow to install everything. Any last minute tips to help out with the install would be great. Wish me luck.

2000 F250 CC SB 4x4, 7.3 diesel, 4R100, 4"lift, AIS intake, 38R Turbo, Turbonetics outlet, Swamps 200/30 Hybrids, Swamps tunes, Swamps IDM, 4" MBRP, BTS valvebody, 6.0 cooler, ISSPRO fuel press, boost, egt, trans, water temp, ScanGage, Melling Lpop, FRx, Hutch mod, spin on filter/separator, Bosch pump, DIY 3/8 fuel lines, OCR, HPx, Autoenginuity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 01:43 AM
OverFuelingForYourPlesure

Re: I received my Swamps injectors yesterday.

pull your injectors and glowplugs out then turn the engine over by hand to make sure you get all the oil out. Then put the injectors in and turn the engine over some more by hand incase there is still some oil in it. if no oil shoots out the glow plug holes you can put them in and button everything else up. drive it easy for the first 10 or 15 miles then you can get on it harder to work the air out. it will be hard starting until you get all the air out. good luck it should be a fun ride!

Ross
2.6 modified street pulling truck "The Lone Stroke
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-1996 f350, stock bottom end! swamps 400/400% injectors, swamps BFH turbo, swamps IDM, Swamps tunes, BTS oil, springs, studs, tubes, fuel system, water to air cooler, and much more...

-97 f350 4x4 CCLB tow rig

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 01:47 AM
Village Idiot

make sure your batteries are 100%.
use a magnet to catch the keepers and or block the drain holes.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 03:55 AM
PSN Newb

Sorry don't understand. What do you mean by use a magnet to catch the Keepers and or block the drain holes???
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 11:59 PM
PSN Veteran

Make sure to loosen your oil spouts before removal of the injector. I've had a bunch break on me when I get lazy. Also remember take out the top 10mm bolt then push up on the injector hold down then pry them out.

Early 99, regular cab, Six Speed, Wildman Tuned, Red wastegate line MIA, muffler MIA, Isspro EGT/Boost, DIY Tymar, EBPV Switch, a slipping South Bend, 2.5" leveling kit, 35x12.5 BFG All-Terrains, 16.5" American Racing wheels SOLD
04, red regular cab, six speed, Edge SOLD
97, silver regular cab 300/200 s300
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 12:58 AM
PSN Local

when i do it, i do one side at a time. take all 4 injectors out and all 4 plugs...if you want to avoid a mess i put uvch and valve cover on and crank it over(also i unplug cam sensor). then put all 4 injectors in and bolt them all, then either lay a heavy rag over it or set valve cover back and crank over again to be sure all oil is out...put plus in and button that side up(i start on drivers side). do same on opposite side and i normally let the valve cover off when i start it cuz i like to see the oil coming from the oil spouts...even though i dont let the other side open to see that. there is a good chance that it'll smoke blue for a good 10-15 miles....like extreme smoke that looks unhealthy, no worries as its just the oil that ran in on the pistons and is in the exhaust.

its much easier than it sounds and after you do it once it goes alot faster.

also be sure injector are seated fully, use a plastic hammer or rubber mallet to sock them in the hole, being careful to not damage selenoid.

2002 F350 Lariat, CrewCab, Short Bed, 6spd
BDP custom chip, afe intake, 4" downpipe-5" exhaust
6.5" lift, 20" wheels with 37x13.50 Toyo Open Country M/T's in the winter and 38x15.50 toyo's on 20" chrome in the summer
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 01:06 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I just cranked it over to get the oil out, I'm getting close to finishing. All is well so far.

2000 F250 CC SB 4x4, 7.3 diesel, 4R100, 4"lift, AIS intake, 38R Turbo, Turbonetics outlet, Swamps 200/30 Hybrids, Swamps tunes, Swamps IDM, 4" MBRP, BTS valvebody, 6.0 cooler, ISSPRO fuel press, boost, egt, trans, water temp, ScanGage, Melling Lpop, FRx, Hutch mod, spin on filter/separator, Bosch pump, DIY 3/8 fuel lines, OCR, HPx, Autoenginuity.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 01:15 AM
Old Yeller, REBORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38R turbo View Post
I just cranked it over to get the oil out, I'm getting close to finishing. All is well so far.
Gotta love the anticipation,

REBORN 20 Over on 3/2/11- Pics in gallery- 2000 F250, Auto, 38r, Full Force 238cc/100%, TE 17* hpop, DP F5,HI,60T,80E,120R,140A, Studs and 910's with DI PR's, JW VB in 2nd stock tranny, Walbro 392, Bellowed, In-Tank, Pre-Pump, boost fooler, and RR. Air Dog, SS cover, 6.0 TOC,4" straight piped and guages, 6637, coolant filter, 4" Lift on 33's.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 03:16 AM
powersmoker73

So how is it run???!

2002 F350 175/80, autometers, ats, valvebody, traction bars
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 03:20 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

No oil out the oil spouts yet. Waiting for batts to charge and starter to cool.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode