Quick drain for oil - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quick drain for oil

I ordered a quick drain valve for the truck this morning, hoping they work as good as is advertised.

Now that the old girl is a DD I go through oil changes quite rapidly so I figured this would be a good purchase.

I bought the one with the nipple so I can run a tube through the hole on my oil catch can and not have to worry about babysitting it while it drains so it doesn't overflow.

2002 CCLB 4X4 6" skyjacker lift * Ford AIC * 4" turbo back Diamond Eye exhaust * 6637 mod w/ Donaldson filter * Gauges* No Foil * Edge Insight CTS
1988 Camaro Iroc Z
2000 Polaris Scrambler 4x2 400- Bored out and tuned by DAB Racing
~Andy~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 03:27 AM
Terminator Nation

Re: Quick drain for oil

The Fumotos work great and you don't have to worry about wearing out the pan threads for the plug.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 07:02 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

... Work great? If you mean slow as hell then sure.

Unless you change your oil when its hot, it takes FOREVER to get the oil out.

I find myself removing mine half the time anyway just because I get sick of waiting.

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Like 2 beers slow or 6 pack slow?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

2002 CCLB 4X4 6" skyjacker lift * Ford AIC * 4" turbo back Diamond Eye exhaust * 6637 mod w/ Donaldson filter * Gauges* No Foil * Edge Insight CTS
1988 Camaro Iroc Z
~Andy~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 08:17 PM
Renegade Diesel

I personally dont trust them enough to buy one. Id be pissed if while driving down one of the farm paths back to the wheels it gets hit just right and i dump oil all over the place in the middle of nowhere!

Diesel Tech in Ohio
E99 7.3L 6spd 4x4 Lariat
AFE 4" DP back straight pipe
Built in Kentucky!
340,000 miles
"wear your high mileage as a badge of honor"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselboy01 View Post
its a 7.3 thing, you wouldn't understand.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 08:27 PM
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER

i still have one and i liked it but its been on the shelf for quite a while now..i see too many threads when some one finds nuts, bolts or cooling jets when they dump there oil....thats something you wont find using the drain valve..

Early 99 7.3 F350 auto,TN T-4 mount with a s467 for air,H-11's stud's SRP 1.1 for oil all supplied by unlimited diesel..beehives, DI push rod's, new alliant 315/200 hybrids,Driven diesel fuel system with a fuel lab 41401. ...tuned by Gearhead..

88 F250 7.3 IDI plow truck 112k - bone stock.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 08:53 PM
Administrator

Those aren't for Me either

who can't muster removing a bolt ?

I have never worn out threads in a oil pan

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Feeling real good about my purchase now.

I'm going to try it out, it was only $30 shipped so what the heck. I don't mind if it drains slow, I usually do other things while I'm changing my oil anyhow.

If a bolt comes out of my oil pan when I drain the oil I have way worse problems.

1988 Camaro Iroc Z
~Andy~

post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 09:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
sorry about that

I pull up a 5 gallon bucket pull the plug and do other things also plus the drain lug has a inspection magnet so at least clip one on the pan it might cattch the junk if any and unclip it when u drain the oil to flush the fines

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 09:35 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfetterman View Post

I'm going to try it out, it was only $30 shipped so what the heck. I don't mind if it drains slow, I usually do other things while I'm changing my oil anyhow.

If a bolt comes out of my oil pan when I drain the oil I have way worse problems.

I bought two... My wife took one look at it and said "Not on my truck"...

I always hit the bottom of the pan with a deadblow hammer to make sure. Only had something knock back once...

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode