DP-TUNER in and just cranks. Reflash?? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2012, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

DP-TUNER in and just cranks. Reflash??

I bought an F6 from my buddy out of his 2001 7.3. I just put it in my 02 and it just cranks over and over. The glow plug light won't turn off either. And chevk engine is on. The controller lights up and it works normal. So i pulled the chip out and it fires rite up. I don't have a problem on my 96 with changing dp to another truck. Does the F6 have a vin lock?

1996 F-250 4x4
BD Diesel Thruster II Turbo, DP-Tuner 120hp Race,
Snow Performance Stage 3 Mileage max, strate 5" into 6inch stacks, Swamps 175/30% injectors,
Built E4OD, Banks techni-cooler, Tymar intake, 4 inch lift on 35's, HID headlight conversion 300,000 miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2012, 11:19 PM
the stryker god

Re: DP-TUNER in and just cranks. Reflash??

Go back and clean the contacts again
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2012, 11:46 PM
PSN Local

01 and 02 do not use the same default hex code, it might run but will set a CEL

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2012, 11:57 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERstroke73 View Post
I bought an F6 from my buddy out of his 2001 7.3. I just put it in my 02 and it just cranks over and over. The glow plug light won't turn off either. And chevk engine is on. The controller lights up and it works normal. So i pulled the chip out and it fires rite up. I don't have a problem on my 96 with changing dp to another truck. Does the F6 have a vin lock?
Double check the cable ends are installed per our instructions. If your buddy didn't give them to you they can be found under our knowledge base online. However, if you want your truck to run like it should you need new tunes for the 2002 because of the differences in PCM family codes.

All you need to do is go to our site, register and create a helpdesk ticket. We need to to register the F6 to you so we will need to know who you bought it from and get your PCM code for new tunes. Charges to do this can also be found under our knowledge base.

*If I had to guess you have a California coded PCM.

Let us know if we can doing anything else for you.

Diane
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 07:33 PM
dkrajcovic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce51d View Post
Go back and clean the contacts again
X2

2000 f350 drw, grages, 4" down pipe, 4" dp back , FRx, 6637 filter, ccv kit, PHP tuner
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Still have issues. I got new tunes from DP (thank you Diane) and i cleaned the computer 3 times. The truck starts but idles ruff and is missing. Puffs black out too. I've done 3 of these chips and never beem so confused. Still has the check engine light on and wait to start never goes off. Any suggestions will be appreciated!!!

1996 F-250 4x4
Snow Performance Stage 3 Mileage max, strate 5" into 6inch stacks, Swamps 175/30% injectors,
Built E4OD, Banks techni-cooler, Tymar intake, 4 inch lift on 35's, HID headlight conversion 300,000 miles
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 10:20 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERstroke73 View Post
Still have issues. I got new tunes from DP (thank you Diane) and i cleaned the computer 3 times. The truck starts but idles ruff and is missing. Puffs black out too. I've done 3 of these chips and never beem so confused. Still has the check engine light on and wait to start never goes off. Any suggestions will be appreciated!!!

Confused for sure. We have many people running the same set up as you with our tuning.

Did you double check the PCM code again for us before getting new tunes? The WTS not going off really sounds like the tunes are not for the right PCM code.

Email me your name and contact number. We will get to this straightned out. [email protected]

Thanks

Diane
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 12:48 AM
Village Idiot

didn't clean too much did you...
see if the numbers are on the pcm itself to verify codes..some people swap them.
i know i run a pmt instead of an exl on mine for example.

sounds like your in good hands though.. cant beat an f6 for uploading.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Sent chip and pcm back to Jody. Worked his magic and now everything is in and works great. Another happy 7.3 in the books

1996 F-250 4x4
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 09:47 PM
Village Idiot

Nice...that will do it for sure.
Bet it is a whole new truck now.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode