aftermarket headlights - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

aftermarket headlights

hey guys, hope everybody had a wonderful holiday yesterday! i was thinking about getting some new headlights with the money i got from christmas for my 2000 7.3. i really like the look of the spyder projectory headlights

99-07 Ford F250 Headlights from Spyder Auto at Andy's Auto Sport

anybody have any opinions?

the other thing is i go to school in detroit and was concerned about the headlights attracting to much attention. anybody think they will be a problem down there? its a closed campus with campus security but you never know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 07:41 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: aftermarket headlights

why would they attract too much attention? i had halo headlights on my last truck, they were okay. nothing special. but they were different brand.

SOLD - 2001 7.3 zf6 sclb 4 inch exhaust, s&b intake, ts chip

SOLD - 2002 7.3 ecsb 4" exhaust, s&b intake, diesel site wicked wheel 2, diesel site 4r100 trans, 175/80 injectors, tuned by gear head

CURRENT - 2013 6.7 ccsb - Absolute performance intake, Absolute performance egr delete, Absolute performance tuning, 5" exhaust
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

well in detroit if you left a truck like any of ours out for a long period of time it would most likely be gone or left in peices. it used to be crime capital of the U.S. but i do have a great alarm system so that said, im not as concerned as some people there would be. . . anyways were your replacement lights any brighter/better than the stock ones?

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 09:12 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtray View Post
well in detroit if you left a truck like any of ours out for a long period of time it would most likely be gone or left in peices. it used to be crime capital of the U.S. but i do have a great alarm system so that said, im not as concerned as some people there would be. . . anyways were your replacement lights any brighter/better than the stock ones?
That dont mean #### in detroit.......

Best advice I can give is not go down there.....
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 09:23 PM
Coal Train Diesel

I actually got a set of them for xmas the black ones. I like them alot. They look great on my white dually. And the low beams are about equal with stock. High beams are much brighter. I no this because I ran out of time last night. So I drobe around with one new light and one stock. Hahaha.

01 f350 dually CCLB, 7in lift, 6637 zoodad, 4.5" stacks, Isspro gauges, PHP Hyrda, ww2, industrial injectors 180/40
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

i wish i could take your advice. 99% of the time my truck is in a gated college campus with detroit police security. but anyways reccomend any certain type of headlight. stock ones are gettin pretty bad and id like to make it look a little nicer
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 09:30 PM
PSN Veteran

post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

those are nice i think anzo has a set like that that i looked at and like. it looks really good with your red, how do you think it would look with white?
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventryjr View Post
I actually got a set of them for xmas the black ones. I like them alot. They look great on my white dually. And the low beams are about equal with stock. High beams are much brighter. I no this because I ran out of time last night. So I drobe around with one new light and one stock. Hahaha.
thats what i liked were the black ones, do they go good with the white? also i thought that if i went with black it would also look good to replace my orange cab light caps with the smoked caps from recon.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 09:38 PM
the stryker god

05-07 harley lights

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode