REG Return - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Just A Squirrel

REG Return

Waitin on my ITP reg return kit Anyway do i need to change out my#8 injector?? How do i tell if its a LL?? thanks for any input!!

Darrin Struble
2003 F-350XLT Sport SC/SB
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

7.3L Live tuned by Jody ,ITP reg return/intank prepump mods, MBRP S.S. 4" ,afe stage1,foil delete,WW, Dieselsite coolant/trans filters,turbomaster wastegate controller,FTVB,Bandwagon Badges
1956 f100 Heidts Suspension all around
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 04:41 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Re: REG Return

It will be a LL... I dont think you have to change it, but if you want to you can...

It will say on the top if the injector, AD and then in smaller letters LL

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 04:44 PM
< pissed off pumkin.

I did a reg. return kit set up and never changed the injector, no problems that I can see or hear with mine .

Dan

2003 F-350 4x4, Ext cab. 7.3 AFE stage II 4" turbo back exhaust, garret GTP 38, 1.15 van turbine housing,EBPV deleated, non waste gated, ATS compresor housing, WW II, bellowed up pipes, CFM + spyder conversion, Hydra chip with Bill's tunes, CCV mod, Hutched, harpooned, RR fuel system, 6.0 trans cooler, Swamps IDM, HPX.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 04:45 PM

Dennis told me as long as it runs ok to leave the long lead in.

Swamps, ITP diesel, DP tuner, BTS, Stecher Performance Diesel, DieselSite
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 09:09 PM
Bill

same hear I just installed mine about a month ago. no problems at all. give dennis a call if your still in doubt he explained it pretty well to me.

02 f350 larit, itp rr & pre pump filter, GTP38r, international up pipes, swamps 175/146 single shot's, DP tuner, factory tech valve body & lot of extra lights
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 06:04 AM
Lost refugee from TDS

My memory is fading quite a bit, but it was my understanding that by late 2002 (for early 2003 model years), the LL was no longer installed at the engine plant. If that was true, then your '03 wouldn't have an LL anyway.

But please don't take this as gospel, it was just a detail I had a faint recollection of from 5 years ago that needs to be verified first.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn View Post
My memory is fading quite a bit, but it was my understanding that by late 2002 (for early 2003 model years), the LL was no longer installed at the engine plant. If that was true, then your '03 wouldn't have an LL anyway.

But please don't take this as gospel, it was just a detail I had a faint recollection of from 5 years ago that needs to be verified first.

I think you have that bass ackwards. The 02-03 trucks were the ones to get it, earlier ones did not have the LL injector.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 10:16 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn View Post

Ditto on what Gregrob said. In the earlier years, a LL (AE) injector was installed in response to customer complaints about cackle. In '02 and later they all came that way.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 12:35 PM

You are probably better off without the LL injector. It is my understanding the reg fuel system and hpx crossover will correct the dead head problem which effects your #8 injector. It shouold quiet down.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 12:39 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWSUPRD View Post
You are probably better off without the LL injector. It is my understanding the reg fuel system and hpx crossover will correct the dead head problem which effects your #8 injector. It shouold quiet down.
The HPX has nothing to do with the need for an AE or LL injector. Why wouldn't you want 8 identical injectors? The regulated return eliminates the dead end fuel rails and allows air to escape without passing through the injectors. Do you know of any other diesel or gas engines where all of the injectors are the same except one?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode