gauge questions - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 01:42 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

gauge questions

I'm looking at getting the edge cts insight just for watching temps, is there any other company out there that does the same kinda set up? I will have a gearhead Tuner so I don't want any tunes with it. Second question is that the way to go over seperate gauges for all my temps and pressures. I was thinking that it would be the cheaper route but that doesn't always means its better what's your thought. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 07:40 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Re: gauge questions

Isspro EV2 gauges...

Only thing I would run. All in one packages lend themselfs for easy theft, if there is an issue you are out all your gauges and I just dont like the look.

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Thanks for the input, I never really thought about the insight being a higher ticket item for theft. Who did you go through to get your gauges?

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 12:31 AM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

There are plenty of good vendors on here, I use RiffRaffDiesel for most of my stuff.

However I am a prototype tester for Isspro so I dont get my gauges anywhere but the factory.

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 01:13 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

With as many gauges as you have I bet so lol, thanks for the advise.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 06:49 AM
International Coal Roller

Any ISSPRO gauge is good, and keep in mind that with the all in one gauges you would still have to run all the sensors i.e. pyro, boost line etc.

02 250 CCLB, 6 spd, PHP Phoenix, ISSPROs, AFE/6637 intake, 4" DE straight exhaust, WW, coolant filter with ELC, AIH delete, ebpv delete, bellowed uppies, 4" on 35's and racelines
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I do understand that but the only thing I was looking with the insight is I can also watch hpop and rail pressure in the same gauge and by the time you buy all seperate gauges its considerably higher. But on the other hand it takes allot more to steal all seperate gauges than it does to yank a moniter out.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 09:10 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggin2001 View Post
I do understand that but the only thing I was looking with the insight is I can also watch hpop and rail pressure in the same gauge and by the time you buy all seperate gauges its considerably higher. But on the other hand it takes allot more to steal all seperate gauges than it does to yank a moniter out.
No rail psi on these trucks....

Have you looked into an aeroforce scangauge? Fits in the same pod as other gauges but plugs into the obd port and displays everything the trucks pcm sees.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

My bad, I thought you could monitor rail pressure on 7.3s. Never have heard of aeroforce but ill look them up thanks.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 11:04 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggin2001 View Post
My bad, I thought you could monitor rail pressure on 7.3s. Never have heard of aeroforce but ill look them up thanks.
You can monitor the high pressure oil but its not rail pressure, rail pressure is for common rail stuff.

Heres a pic of a scangauge with a red lighting.

Plugs right into the obd port of the truck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode