ccv mod concerns - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

ccv mod concerns

So i am about to do my ccv mod...everything i have read says to make sure it flows downhill. I have a 99 f350 and the rear end sits noticeably higher in the back. I would like to run the hose all the way to the rear of the truck. However in doing so, it will be running uphill the length of the frame. Any recommendations?
Also when spinning the doghouse is there a gasket i need to buy that seals the doghouse to the cover?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 07:19 PM
Old Yeller, REBORN

Re: ccv mod concerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmore View Post
So i am about to do my ccv mod...everything i have read says to make sure it flows downhill. I have a 99 f350 and the rear end sits noticeably higher in the back. I would like to run the hose all the way to the rear of the truck. However in doing so, it will be running uphill the length of the frame. Any recommendations?
Also when spinning the doghouse is there a gasket i need to buy that seals the doghouse to the cover?
Use the same gasket, route the hose over the master cylinder and down. Not sure how to get it to the back of your truck. Mine ends just behind the cab along the frame rail.

REBORN 20 Over on 3/2/11- Pics in gallery- 2000 F250, Auto, 38r, Full Force 238cc/100%, TE 17* hpop, DP F5,HI,60T,80E,120R,140A, Studs and 910's with DI PR's, JW VB in 2nd stock tranny, Walbro 392, Bellowed, In-Tank, Pre-Pump, boost fooler, and RR. Air Dog, SS cover, 6.0 TOC,4" straight piped and guages, 6637, coolant filter, 4" Lift on 33's.
post #3 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 08:01 PM
the stryker god

If you route it over the booster the oil will run back in the valve cover. Mine just spits on the ground.

post #4 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Yea i read to make sure it goes over the brake reservoir, but running uphill after that isnt as big a deal then?
post #5 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 01:30 PM
'05 Excursion

Quote:
Yea i read to make sure it goes over the brake reservoir, but running uphill after that isnt as big a deal then?
Any low spots have the possibility of collecting moisture and oil which can freeze in cold weather which will blow oil seals.

Sent from Term3's iPhone

SCT, no studs...yet, Dual OEM intake air filter housings, Banks intercooler & intake elbow, Banks exhaust syatem, Windrunner ported intake manifold, Bullet Proof Diesel remote oil cooler & thermostat, AirDog2 (plus a couple spares), Power steering filter (Amsoil dual-bypass), MagTec deep ATF pan, Electric oil pre-lub pump, Dakota Digital gauges.
post #6 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

That is my main concern. Any recommendations? I plan on doing a leveling kit but i wasnt planning on doing it so soon.
post #7 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 02:20 PM
Old Yeller, REBORN

Quote:
That is my main concern. Any recommendations? I plan on doing a leveling kit but i wasnt planning on doing it so soon.
Don't run it to the back of your truck for now. Just dump it below the cab. Mine empty's just after the fuel pump and I have no issues in the cab as far as smell or anything.

REBORN 20 Over on 3/2/11- Pics in gallery- 2000 F250, Auto, 38r, Full Force 238cc/100%, TE 17* hpop, DP F5,HI,60T,80E,120R,140A, Studs and 910's with DI PR's, JW VB in 2nd stock tranny, Walbro 392, Bellowed, In-Tank, Pre-Pump, boost fooler, and RR. Air Dog, SS cover, 6.0 TOC,4" straight piped and guages, 6637, coolant filter, 4" Lift on 33's.
post #8 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I may just do that. I could always put a filter/catch can there too and call it good.
post #9 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 09:43 AM
econolaw

I've ran it on a few peoples trucks to the end of the cab without any ups but, the smell was too much for a couple of them, so I ended up rerouting to the spare tire - no problems to report yet. I actually reinstalled the ccv on my van when the new motor went in. The builder insisted on negative crank-case pressure, so a bung was welded into the intake, then a custom 3/4"i.d. hose was made to connect it to the dog house.

2001 E-350 15 pass

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 02:18 PM
PSN Local

Mine may be a bit more annoying, but I opted not to flip the dog house, and just ran the hose straight down by the wheel well and hooked it onto the front axle by the pumpkin. There, I know I will not have any low spots. A bit more blow by smell at idle, but it works.

1996 F-350 cclb, H2E, e-fuel, srp1.1, custom tuning, banks intercooler, 3 in plenums, swamps babies, ARP's, comp 910's, Isspro EV2's, rsk v/c codes, 5 inch exhaust, king ranch seats, SD 10.5 axle, swamps idm, 6.0 fan, international w/p, hydroboost, SD trans lines, 6.0 trans cooler,6.0 P.S. pump

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode