20.8 MS of Pulse Width!!! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 06:53 AM Thread Starter

20.8 MS of Pulse Width!!!

On my buddie's Duramax

And that's just with a #4 tune, 180hp program. He has the hot +2 that will add 270hp.

Anyway, it's just kinda funny that we can't run more than 6ms until the injector can't recover and that's practically what they idle at.

I say if there's a way to make the injectors recover quicker we could get way more fuel out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 08:19 AM

Re: 20.8 MS of Pulse Width!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregrob View Post
Anyway, it's just kinda funny that we can't run more than 6ms until the injector can't recover and that's practically what they idle at.

I say if there's a way to make the injectors recover quicker we could get way more fuel out.

Since when? Idle is more like 1.2ish depending on the injectors and what truck they are in. WOT can be as much as 10-13ish again depending on what truck. And they have many time more than that to recover. That PW only takes a few degrees of crank rotation at TDC compression and you have nearly a full two revolutions for it to recover. If you are trying to cram mad amounts of fuel then MAYBE but I'd be more worried about actually getting the fuel out you have by getting the oil in the injector fast enough in that short windwo rather than trying to get the fuel back in during the much longer recovery.

That is crazy long PW on the dmax though. I wonder how far the piston is down by the time it quits fireing.
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 08:19 AM

are u talkin James' truck????

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 12:21 PM
Banned

At your rpm, and injector displacement, injector recovery is so far from anything you will ever be having a problem with.

Now, with icp lingering in your oil side because your poppet is hung open pissing away oil due to the ICP being higher than what the poppet spring can hold back......now that on the other hand will, has and is, reducing the distance the injector refills at rpm because it's an opposing force to the refill. The only thing to force the injector to refill is the fuel pressure pushing on the face of the plunger and the intensifier spring pushing on the underside of the intensifier piston. When you've got pissing ICP above the intensifier piston, you can start to get a refill issue. The very reason that injector flow rates drop on the bench when the ICP is jacked up like you run it.

As far as refill issues from the point of view of time between injection events, you need a lot more rpm and a lot more injector stroke to see that. And even then, I haven't seen it, but am only aware that it will likely be an issue for me at some point once the rpms come online with the B codes.

That belt driven fuel pump wasn't an accident on my truck. And the 200psi fuel pressure capability isn't either.

Can you say REFILL NOW.......lol.
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 12:30 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
On my buddie's Duramax

And that's just with a #4 tune, 180hp program. He has the hot +2 that will add 270hp.

Yep, you can get alot more PW out of Dmax injectors then the Fords.
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

As far as refill issues from the point of view of time between injection events, you need a lot more rpm and a lot more injector stroke to see that. And even then, I haven't seen it, but am only aware that it will likely be an issue for me at some point once the rpms come online with the B codes.

That belt driven fuel pump wasn't an accident on my truck. And the 200psi fuel pressure capability isn't either.

Can you say REFILL NOW.......lol.
His rev limiter is 3200 rpms.
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diezel Dawg View Post
are u talkin James' truck????
Yep!!!! Too bad it already lost 5th gear, twice.
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels View Post
Since when? Idle is more like 1.2ish depending on the injectors and what truck they are in. WOT can be as much as 10-13ish again depending on what truck. And they have many time more than that to recover. That PW only takes a few degrees of crank rotation at TDC compression and you have nearly a full two revolutions for it to recover. If you are trying to cram mad amounts of fuel then MAYBE but I'd be more worried about actually getting the fuel out you have by getting the oil in the injector fast enough in that short windwo rather than trying to get the fuel back in during the much longer recovery.

That is crazy long PW on the dmax though. I wonder how far the piston is down by the time it quits fireing.

I was watching it last night with the scanner. Idle was between 4.2-5.8, WOT in his 4th program was 20.8
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 05:44 PM

Quote:
I was watching it last night with the scanner. Idle was between 4.2-5.8, WOT in his 4th program was 20.8

Sorry Greg I should have quoted. I was refering to this.

Quote:

Not what the Duramax does. I don't know what they maxies have for injectors and what not but just just looking at PW isn't really giving a complete story. How big are the nozzles in comparasin to ours? That will have a big impact on how much PW they need. Also how much injection pressure was it running.

Reading back through your quote I do think I miss interpreted it the first time though. I thought you were saying that the 7.3s idle at near 6ms but you were saying that you can't run more than 6 and the maxies idle at 6. sorry.
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 05:48 PM
Wheelie Dude

Send a message via AIM to bean

More then meets the eye with dmax PW, apples and oranges to a PSD PW. 20ms pw doesnt mean thier inj is open for 20ms.

Smokin' Hot Hooker- 2002 F350 Dually 4x4 6spd- 5.9 CR-
BDP Drag Truck- 81 C10-5.9CR, BTS 4R, Goes Fast

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Beans Diesel Performance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode