Swamps 200/30% injectors? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Swamps 200/30% injectors?

I'm in the market for injectors. I talked to swamps yesterday and they recomended the 200/30 injectors. He said with my 38R they make a great combo. Does anyone have them? What do you think of them? Are they too much for a reliable daily driver? I also tow, not often but when I do it's HEAVY. I will be having Swamps burn my chip if I go with them. Mabe their high output IDM also.

2000 F250 CC SB 4x4, 7.3 diesel, 4R100, 4"lift, AIS intake, 38R Turbo, Turbonetics outlet, Swamps 200/30 Hybrids, Swamps tunes, Swamps IDM, 4" MBRP, BTS valvebody, 6.0 cooler, ISSPRO fuel press, boost, egt, trans, water temp, ScanGage, Melling Lpop, FRx, Hutch mod, spin on filter/separator, Bosch pump, DIY 3/8 fuel lines, OCR, HPx, Autoenginuity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 12:31 PM
the stryker god

Re: Swamps 200/30% injectors?

They are good injectors, real easy on oil, good for 425 horse. They are high though
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 06:45 PM
PSN Veteran

Towing heavy..IMO just get stage 1's and a 38r..can't tow heavy with any more HP than these can make. plus less smoke from stock nozzles and a 7-1 injection ratio. Works great with a stock HPOP.

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Full Force, Tymar, BTS, Icon, Pure Performance, TW tunes, just to name a few.

email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Introduction only. Please email if I can help.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I also have been looking at the 160/80 injectors and the 160/30. They are both much cheaper. I also saw the 175/146's from Swamps. Wow so many choices. I have to do more research and get more recommendations. Thanks

2000 F250 CC SB 4x4, 7.3 diesel, 4R100, 4"lift, AIS intake, 38R Turbo, Turbonetics outlet, Swamps 200/30 Hybrids, Swamps tunes, Swamps IDM, 4" MBRP, BTS valvebody, 6.0 cooler, ISSPRO fuel press, boost, egt, trans, water temp, ScanGage, Melling Lpop, FRx, Hutch mod, spin on filter/separator, Bosch pump, DIY 3/8 fuel lines, OCR, HPx, Autoenginuity.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 06:10 PM
PSN Veteran

Forget 30% nozzles....either get 100% or 80%..which are stage 2's...better plan on Head studs and VS's..and IMO a better turbo.

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Full Force, Tymar, BTS, Icon, Pure Performance, TW tunes, just to name a few.

email:

Introduction only. Please email if I can help.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 08:34 PM
fueled by Colecovision

Garage

The 200/30's work exceptionally well with the 38R turbo...crystal clean 425hp WHEN you want it..and bone stock power when you need that...

The 200's use LESS high pressure oil than a set of Baby Swamps, less oil than stock AB, or stock AD injectors...so even if your HPOil pump is "weak"...by simply installing an injector that uses LESS oil than stock injs...your pump will be able to support nearly any ICP pressure requested by your tuning.

I have run nearly every single injector that we have ever, or currently do offer...and both of my current 7.3L's are running our 200cc hybrids. Stock HPOP, stock fuel system...and one truck isn't even running studs...and hasn't for years...with no plans to.

I will say that IF you are going to be using any injector in a competitive nature (dragstrip, sledpull, or extended harrrrd runs on the street/interstate)...that you would be well advised to install studs & springs...

but if you're going to drive it 'normally' for 90%+ of the time, and only sparingly beat the snot out of it...then running the 200s w/o studs/springs is not reckless.

we sell dozens of the 200/30s each month, and (with our tuning) can only recall one person having any type of HG problem..and that was on a fresh build with an unseated headgasket.

In my opinion the 80% nozzle is a smokey pile...the 100% nozzle is not much better for the increase in power...so we generally recommend the 30% nozzle or the 200% nozzle...which can be just as clean as stock with the right tuning.

The entire reason to install a larger nozzle on any injector is to be able to deliver a significant volume of fuel AT A HIGH ENGINE RPM....

the 200/30% injectors can empty the full shot up to 3700rpm..and while they will still function at 5000rpm...the volume of injected fuel would be cut back to about 150cc's.

So, unless you are planning on running the engine above 3700rpm regularly..at full power..the 30% nozzle will keep nearly STOCK atomization (low low smoke), exceptional fuel efficiency, and will run damn good against other/newer 'tuned' trucks on the road.

We've done our 200cc hybrids with our 200% nozzle on quite a lot of trucks...(one of mine as well)..and that combination (200cc w/ 200% nozzle) has been a consistent 550rwhp...on a bone stock HPOP.

the 200cc hybrid alleviates ANY concern with regard to the HPOil system..since that injector size physically CAN'T use more oil than all but the absolute weakest HPOP in the universe could support.

It's just silly in my opinion to build an injector with a larger nozzle than the expected engine rpm dictates...

the loss of atomization isn't worth it for 99% of the street trucks.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer View Post
The 200/30's work exceptionally well with the 38R turbo...crystal clean 425hp WHEN you want it..and bone stock power when you need that...

The 200's use LESS high pressure oil than a set of Baby Swamps, less oil than stock AB, or stock AD injectors...so even if your HPOil pump is "weak"...by simply installing an injector that uses LESS oil than stock injs...your pump will be able to support nearly any ICP pressure requested by your tuning.

I have run nearly every single injector that we have ever, or currently do offer...and both of my current 7.3L's are running our 200cc hybrids. Stock HPOP, stock fuel system...and one truck isn't even running studs...and hasn't for years...with no plans to.

I will say that IF you are going to be using any injector in a competitive nature (dragstrip, sledpull, or extended harrrrd runs on the street/interstate)...that you would be well advised to install studs & springs...

but if you're going to drive it 'normally' for 90%+ of the time, and only sparingly beat the snot out of it...then running the 200s w/o studs/springs is not reckless.

we sell dozens of the 200/30s each month, and (with our tuning) can only recall one person having any type of HG problem..and that was on a fresh build with an unseated headgasket.

In my opinion the 80% nozzle is a smokey pile...the 100% nozzle is not much better for the increase in power...so we generally recommend the 30% nozzle or the 200% nozzle...which can be just as clean as stock with the right tuning.

The entire reason to install a larger nozzle on any injector is to be able to deliver a significant volume of fuel AT A HIGH ENGINE RPM....

the 200/30% injectors can empty the full shot up to 3700rpm..and while they will still function at 5000rpm...the volume of injected fuel would be cut back to about 150cc's.

So, unless you are planning on running the engine above 3700rpm regularly..at full power..the 30% nozzle will keep nearly STOCK atomization (low low smoke), exceptional fuel efficiency, and will run damn good against other/newer 'tuned' trucks on the road.

We've done our 200cc hybrids with our 200% nozzle on quite a lot of trucks...(one of mine as well)..and that combination (200cc w/ 200% nozzle) has been a consistent 550rwhp...on a bone stock HPOP.

the 200cc hybrid alleviates ANY concern with regard to the HPOil system..since that injector size physically CAN'T use more oil than all but the absolute weakest HPOP in the universe could support.

It's just silly in my opinion to build an injector with a larger nozzle than the expected engine rpm dictates...

the loss of atomization isn't worth it for 99% of the street trucks.
Thank you for all the great info. I believe I talked to you last night on the phone. It sounds like the 200/30 would be a great choice for an injector.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 05:23 PM
powersmoker73

Great info! How friendly is the 200cc injector for pmr's?

2002 F350 175/80, autometers, ats, valvebody, traction bars
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 08:07 PM
PSN Local

just a heads up.... i know this guy trying to sell these, not sure if he still has them or not, give him a call
http://baltimore.craigslist.org/pts/3415061365.html
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 08:19 PM
2Cruel

200/30 FTW i love them and recomend them to a majority of my customers, Thier is no way i would spend the money to buy Plunger and barels and get a non hybrid injector. I have 200/30 in my gf truck with a 38r 425 on the groud and i can do absoulutly anything I would ever want to do with that truck and not think twice about it.

MPH Enterprises
2L Motorsports
SWAMPS Extreme Powerstroke Performance

Powerstroke Everywhere

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode