traction bars - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 08:02 AM Thread Starter
coal roller

traction bars

i am having a hard time with my truck on wet roads not to mension slick roads in the winter. i have a hard time taking off on wet roads and when turning on take off its almost imposible to keep my truck from going sideways. i just had my second encounter of getting sideways on a 2 lane country road in a curve with another car coming head on. very very close call i was not going fast at all i slowed down to 35mph being cautious because it has happened before. i am to the point where i need to figure something out to help it or im getting rid of it. its a regular cab long bed. i have filled the bed up with wood for extra weight before and it did help.

I was told to get traction bars, that they make a huge difference, personally i just dont see it. i think it might help a little on take off but not on curves. anybody else have regular cab long bed with this problem? any fixes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 08:30 AM
PSN Newb

Re: traction bars

Traction bars will not help you with traction on slick surfaces like you mention. They are for hard acceleration where wheel hop is present. My best advice is get skinny ssipedd and siped tires, put it in 4x and be easy on the skinny pedal.

1999 CC/LB DRW stock for now.

2008 F-250 White CC/LB No-Limit Egr delete with CAC Tube and elbow, H&S B/M W/KEM tunes, leveled with 20" Fuel Hostage wheels & 37" Toyos, AFE stage II intake, traction bars,
[email protected] w/gearheads race
[email protected] w/kem345
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 09:03 AM
<< wasted fuel >>

tires.

On the hunt for another truck....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 04:13 PM
PSN Veteran

What tires are on it now?

-Tyler-
-97 F-250 rclb, 305/70-16 cooper stt, 6637, PHP Hydra, AB's, e-fuel, sonnax, ebv delete, ccv mod, 3" dp to 6" tip--Sold
-08 Ram 3500 rclb, 6" Fabtech, 325/60-17 Nittos, egr/dpf delete, Efi by Draconian, s&b, 6" mitre
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
coal roller

i have some aggressive gt radial tires on it that are great off road
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
coal roller

305/70/16 they are adventuro brand radial GT's i got the set of 4 brand new for $650. they are not the smothest riding tire but they were well worth the money and have lasted a long time i recomend them if you do any off roading or farm work. but maybe not on a regular cab SRW
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 11:05 PM
PSN Veteran

Tires arent going to help too much in my opinion, just have to take it easy and ease the throttle. I have the same issue when the roads are just slightly damp.....heavy, powerful engine up front and not much weight in the rear. My Dmax buddy also has this issue and we both have new tires.

2002 CCLB 4X4 6" skyjacker lift * Ford AIC * 4" turbo back Diamond Eye exhaust * 6637 mod w/ Donaldson filter * Gauges* No Foil * Edge Insight CTS
1988 Camaro Iroc Z
2000 Polaris Scrambler 4x2 400- Bored out and tuned by DAB Racing
~Andy~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 11:49 PM
PSN Newb

all you can really do is ease on the foot feed and add weight in the back but adding weight every times it rain would be a pain
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 12:15 AM
PSN Newb

Those tires are not designed one bit for icy road conditions, they have deep lugs and are pretty wide. My advice is get some skinny sipped and studded winter tires. Will make a world of difference.

1999 CC/LB DRW stock for now.

2008 F-250 White CC/LB No-Limit Egr delete with CAC Tube and elbow, H&S B/M W/KEM tunes, leveled with 20" Fuel Hostage wheels & 37" Toyos, AFE stage II intake, traction bars,
[email protected] w/gearheads race
[email protected] w/kem345
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 12:24 AM
PSN Local

put them junk ass mud tires in the dump and buy some stock tires and you will not have that problem any more

: 97 f350 cclb drw 300,000 miles stage 2 160 100 sticks 17* hpop sd ic turbo set up off a t444e sd fuel pump ts chip cat fuel filters stage 3 ceramic clutch 410 gears 3 in down pipe to 4 in out the back 6637 air filter all the gauges fuel hpop pyro boost oil temp 50 gal fuel tank

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode