6.0L trans cooler upgrade - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
The Judge

6.0L trans cooler upgrade

i just bought a 2000 f350 and the guy i bought it from said he installed the 6.0l trans cooler on it, so when i had it at the trick trcks shop i asked them to check to see if the truck had the upgraded cooler, and they said no, then they said it didnt have an aftermarket cooler, and i told them that it was not aftermarket that t is a ford part and they said "oh well we dont know what were looking for" so i was wondering if anybody could tell me how to check to see if i have the 6.0l cooler without taking the grill off, i know what it looks like and i know the size difference, but some help would be nice, and i was also wondering if i should spend some money on a deep sump oil pan for further cooling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 03:26 PM
dkrajcovic

Re: 6.0L trans cooler upgrade

the stock one is way smaller than the 6.0 cooler
who big is your trans cooler if it is a 6.0 cooler it will be about as big as the eng cooler

2000 f350 drw, grages, 4" down pipe, 4" dp back , FRx, 6637 filter, ccv kit, PHP tuner
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 04:01 PM
the stryker god

Stock cooler is like 5 inches tall, 6.0 cooler is like a foot tall. Both mount in the same location. If you truly do have a 6.0 cooler then you wont need a deep pan

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Old Yeller, REBORN

First of all, quit taking your truck to that shop. This is a basic tranny saving mod they should know about in my opinion.

Your original cooler is a 7 row and looks really small. The 6.0 can be 26row or 31row. Pull the rubber cover by the hood latch and look down in between the intercooler and ac condensor to see it.

REBORN 20 Over on 3/2/11- Pics in gallery- 2000 F250, Auto, 38r, Full Force 238cc/100%, TE 17* hpop, DP F5,HI,60T,80E,120R,140A, Studs and 910's with DI PR's, JW VB in 2nd stock tranny, Walbro 392, Bellowed, In-Tank, Pre-Pump, boost fooler, and RR. Air Dog, SS cover, 6.0 TOC,4" straight piped and guages, 6637, coolant filter, 4" Lift on 33's.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode