updated mod list need opinions from stock - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

updated mod list need opinions from stock

F350 CCLB 4x4 4.10 gears 7.3 (obviously)
99.5 motor, E99 Suspension, auto trans (rebuilt with shift kit no details as to what that means)

Other than trans it is bone stock. This is my list of mods in order i am planning on doing them. Need advice as to if the order should be changed and i will prompt for specifics as i go thru the list as well.

6637 mod (donaldson or wix filter?)
4" turbo back exhaust (would 5" lower egt's much more?)
CCV and new boots
Hutch and harpoon
AIH delete
4 gauge cluster (pyro, boost, trans, fuel)
6.0 trans cooler (is v10 also an option)
Beans tuner
Wicked wheel (only if surging)
Regulated fuel return (move to spot under 6.0 cooler?)
T500 HPOP
Bellowed up pipes
Stage 1 injectors (hybrids and avoid t500 til later?)
38r turbo

Any re ordering of the list advice? Brand advice or where to get the parts?

How much Hp/Tq would i be looking at? I would like to avoid studs if possible or many do them right before the 38r if you think i may need them.

Thoughts? comments?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012, 03:19 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: updated mod list need opinions from stock

Stage 1's..use the stock 17* pump.
You will need a 38r a WW won't work.
31 row cooler is best
won't need studs.

with the correct combo of parts you can see 375+ HP

PM me if I can help.

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Full Force, Tymar, BTS, Icon, Pure Performance, TW tunes, just to name a few.

email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Introduction only. Please email if I can help.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012, 03:48 PM
PSN Local

i would sub out beans tuner for a ts with custom tunes.. and if you do a 38r u dont need the wicked wheel... it is usually only used to fix the stock turbo surge. and i wouldnt spend the extra money for 5" exhaust. u wont get any difference out of it. i get all my parts from Froggy's Diesel Performance. theyre usually a bit cheaper than everywhere else. can check they're website out i think theyre still building it though they dont have everything on there yet. best just to call them

99.5 f-350 6spd ts with live tunes raptor 150 fuel supply 76mm sledge turbo 300/200 single shots stealth hpop forged rods modded fuel bowl and rails arp studs stacks custom intake custom driveshaft billet pinion yoke custom built pulling clutch watermeth injection hypermax up-pipes hypermax turbo pedistal hypermax intercooler delete

Last edited by RescueF250; 11-23-2012 at 12:12 AM. Reason: They are not a sponsor here.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I was going to get the wicked wheel if i had surge until i could save up for a 38r. I thought beans did custom tunes too
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012, 05:24 PM
PSN Veteran

The wheel wont help that much with surge, the comp. housing will fix that. Wheel will just spin better and be a little louder. For the money, if your going to put in a t500 later,
I wouldnt waste the money on stage 1s but thats me and I guess what ever your goals are for the truck. You can run hybrids with the stock pump with the right tuning. Dont really understand what you mean by moving regulated return to under 6.0 cooler. Getting rid of the EBPV will also make a better flow of exhaust as well.

2003 F-250 CCLB 7.3L
4" lift and PMF traction bar/block setup running 35s on 20x12s. Intake, exhaust, PHP Hydra w/ Gearhead tunes, gauges
2005 F-350 CCLB 6.0L
6" lift on 20x10s and 37s, studded, deleted, Powermax and Livewire with Quicktricks tunes, exhaust, intake (Wife's Truck)
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Moving the regulated return up the list is what i getting at. I have them listed in the order i was going to do them in
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Basically i am looking to buy everything i need to get to 350-400 rwhp. If 400 is significantly more expensive than 350 then i will stay lower. 350 with 700ish tq is plenty for me. I want it running well and with some pep when i need it. I dont need or want a drag truck. :-) I'm wanting to give it a nice boost of power but not drop thousands into it and hurt it at the same time.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012, 09:45 PM
the stryker god

Beans tunes are custom tunes on a ts chip.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 01:31 AM
PSN Local

i thought bd had their own chip?

99.5 f-350 6spd ts with live tunes raptor 150 fuel supply 76mm sledge turbo 300/200 single shots stealth hpop forged rods modded fuel bowl and rails arp studs stacks custom intake custom driveshaft billet pinion yoke custom built pulling clutch watermeth injection hypermax up-pipes hypermax turbo pedistal hypermax intercooler delete
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 01:33 AM
PSN Local

u can hit those desired numbers with a stock hpop. when i first started playin with my truck i had a 38r, 150cc full force injectors, ts canned tuner, and a raptor lift pump and my truck dynoed 356 at the rear wheels. to get that extra 50hp youll have to do an hpop and prob 238cc hybrids

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode