7.3L Snow Performance TOW-MAX IMPRESSIVE. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

7.3L Snow Performance TOW-MAX IMPRESSIVE.

I just purchased a Snow Performance Tow-Max Kit. The installation instructions are pretty easy going. They don’t really explain how to adjust the “gain”. I called Snow, left a message with technical support and they got right back to me and explained the correct operation. I choose to purchase the Air Intake Heater Delete Plug from Strictly Dieselhttp://www.strictlydiesel.com/p-2692...stall-kit.aspx. This plug is predrilled and machined down to make installation of the injector nozzle WAY easier. It also come with a special T fitting and lines. It’s a MUST HAVE. Snow wants you to remove you CAC pipe and drill/tap it. In my opinion the CAC pipe is too thin for a npt fitting. I choose to run one 625ml nozzle.
While towing I pulled the same hill twice. I got 150-170 degree Drop in EGT'S. I tried to make the truck run over 1200 degrees and could not do it. I am using -20 degree BLUE washer fluid from Napa. $0.99 a gallon when on special. This is by far your cheapest way to go for your mixture and already comes premixed. Unless you want to purchase 100% methanol and mix it yourself. Blue washer fluid gives me 30-36% methanol ratio PER MSDS... Any time you want to know methanol content of washer fluid look at the MSDS sheet.

MY CONCLUSION: You can definitely feel the power increase when the system starts to inject. You can also hear the engine change tone. It has a lot more power while pulling hills. I weight over 28k combined and need a little extra... I will have real world dyno numbers soon. I set my kit up in the medium boost setting “18-25psi”, I get No quenching at all in any of the settings. The System used right at two gallons on an 85 mile trip. I used right at 2 gallons. I saw NO INCREASE IN FUEL MILEAGE as claimed. I purchased the kit ONLY for more power and to keep my EGT’S manageable. I figured its like every other claim of increased fuel mileage. All in All VERY HAPPY with the way the Snow Performance kit performs.

2002 F350 DRW, 38r Turbo, Terminator T500, REG return fuel system, CTS Evo Custom tuned by Bill at Powerhungry Performance, bts converter, S&B intake, Snows Stage 3 Water/Meth. Mcculloch hids 6k.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 03:38 PM
Village Idiot

Re: 7.3L Snow Performance TOW-MAX IMPRESSIVE.

You can adjust the washer meth ratio by looking at the cold weather chart...ie -20 , -10,0 etc.
Few charts on the net somewhere.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I cannot find a chart anywhere that shows the methanol content differences.

2002 F350 DRW, 38r Turbo, Terminator T500, REG return fuel system, CTS Evo Custom tuned by Bill at Powerhungry Performance, bts converter, S&B intake, Snows Stage 3 Water/Meth. Mcculloch hids 6k.

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 09:45 PM
Village Idiot

http://www.pqgallery.com/sites/386487/reg/MSDS.

http://thelsxdr.com/wp-content/uploa...ethlisting.jpg

are a couple

There are many places to buy straight methanol, but if you are going to use a water/methanol mixture, the easiest (and cheapest) is to buy the blue windshield washer fluid that is used during winter time to prevent the fluid from freezing. It may sound cheap ($1.29-$1.99 per gallon),
but it is just as good as any methanol/water mixture you would make otherwise.
The blue is just a dye, and an extremely insignificant amount (<1%).
look for a companies MSDS's (Material Safety Data Sheets)

+20 F Washer Fluid - Contains approximately 7% methanol.

0 F Washer Fluid - Contains approximately 23% methanol.

-10 F Washer Fluid - Contains approximately 28% methanol.

-20 F Washer Fluid - Contains approximately 35% methanol.

-25 F Washer Fluid - Contains approximately 38% methanol.

-50 F Washer Fluid - Contains approximately 62% methanol.

2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by southmike View Post
http://www.pqgallery.com/sites/386487/reg/MSDS.

http://thelsxdr.com/wp-content/uploa...ethlisting.jpg

are a couple

There are many places to buy straight methanol, but if you are going to use a water/methanol mixture, the easiest (and cheapest) is to buy the blue windshield washer fluid that is used during winter time to prevent the fluid from freezing. It may sound cheap ($1.29-$1.99 per gallon),
but it is just as good as any methanol/water mixture you would make otherwise.
The blue is just a dye, and an extremely insignificant amount (<1%).
look for a companies MSDS's (Material Safety Data Sheets)

+20 F Washer Fluid - Contains approximately 7% methanol.

0 F Washer Fluid - Contains approximately 23% methanol.

-10 F Washer Fluid - Contains approximately 28% methanol.

-20 F Washer Fluid - Contains approximately 35% methanol.

-25 F Washer Fluid - Contains approximately 38% methanol.

-50 F Washer Fluid - Contains approximately 62% methanol.
Great information. Thanks I couldn't find anything.

post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 06:50 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Keep in mind that noise your hearing is timing. The methonal is advancing your timing.

Try running straight water. It will keep the EGT's down more, and allow you to run more FUEL rather then methonal.

Not a fan of running washer fluid.

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 07:45 PM
Village Idiot

Water is free just keep in mind it freezes...
Do you run any cutting oil Joe...?

post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 03:09 AM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Yes.

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-24-2012, 05:39 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

According to this video Snow Performance produced. Water methanol does NOT change injection timing.

post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by toypuller View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn9LxE3KU_4

According to this video Snow Performance produced. Water methanol does NOT change injection timing.
So What do you all think.

Joe What are you using for cutting oil?

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode