Okay guys, im putting the other turbo on my truck now..... - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 01:13 AM Thread Starter
Transmission Junkie

Okay guys, im putting the other turbo on my truck now.....

I'm doing it... putting on the GT-42 (actually its really close but not...), I'm installing the non EBV pedistal, a van turbo and then the GT-42, on my stock truck, I need to get the kit all together to start with, and I want to see what it will do on a stock truck... I am setting it up similar to charles truck with the turbo on the passenger side, feed into the intercooler, then into the stock style turbo and into the engine via a van intake spyder.... should be interresting to say the least.... I have all the stuff to put my diy regualted return on too.... so, that will probably go on as well... I'll post pics up with the progress tomorrow... I'm off to the garage to get after it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 01:14 AM

Re: Okay guys, im putting the other turbo on my truck now.....

Nice! Keep us updated.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Banned

May the Force be with you........ cause you'll need it....

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Transmission Junkie

Yeah... i've already figured that out... I'm now working on some small issues that I am having... see, I want to keep my beloved Air Conditioning... and the only thing that is in my way is the damned front passenger side shock...
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 03:43 PM
Banned

Turbine outlet outside of frame I guess? I thought long and hard about it, but gave up, lol.

I didn't have an AC compressor in my way to start with.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 06:45 PM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to slowleak

ahhh, u dont need that shock anyway

2005 F350 prairie tan/black crew cab FX4 innovative tunes, exhaust

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PMRCM#1
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 07:13 PM
PSN Veteran

Shock, shmock, they don't make it go any faster, ditch it!

Custom shock hoops maybe?

2006 F350 Lariat Tow Boss W/training wheels.

SCT W/GH's tunes, ARP's, Blk & Heads milled, Strictly RR and aux coolant lines, 6" Aussies, Snow MPG-Max, BPD: VK688,EGR, W/Pump, and FICM, Coolant filt, Train Horns, CTS (Monitor only) + Autometer backups

RIP Muley 9-25-09
Keep on Honkin' Jerry 04-05-10
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Transmission Junkie

Probably a custom upper shock mount... the turbo is where charles' turbo is.... just a little forward of that... with the inlet getting an elbow pointing down with a filter on it... then the exhaust is going to go down along the frame and then down I can almost get a 4" dp through there, but if I move the upper shock mount out, I can get an easy 5" dp in there all the way out the back, I'm going to look at some aftermarket shock mounts tonight to get some ideas... I will make it work...
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 01:20 AM
Banned

Just keep the tire's inner turn in consideration........that's where my plans for outside of frame exhaust went up in smoke. Course you might not be running bigger tires either.

Just make sure you turn full lock to the right and check one good time before you make any real big plans. I might have forgotten by now, but I seem to remember that crushed my plans on going that route.

You gonna put the air filter behind the bumper? I wanted to, still might. Getting the duct past the damn pass side framerail was the killer. You'd have to drop down below it and you'd see it from the front of the truck. I also thought about putting an airbox behind the pass side of the bumper in the space between the framerail and the corner of the bumper and cutting a hole directly into the bumper to feed it air from the high pressure zone just ahead of the bumper.

You're gonna have some fun, and pull out a lot of hair.... Maybe your engine compartment woln't start looking more and more like the underseat area of your ATV rather than a fullsize truck once you start actually putting stuff in there like mine did, LMAO

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Transmission Junkie

I'm going to run it in between the shock and the engine, on top of the frame, then run it down through the stock location, i don't think there is enough room on the outside of the frame with the tire, like you said. going to have to modify the wheel well liner but thats not a big deal, both batteries on the driver side, i got a big intercooler that was supposed to fit a powerstroke truck a year or so ago for $100.00 at a local swap meet, I don't think that it will fit, but I have a TIG welder and some time... it will fit when I'm done
I am going to got though my transmission this weekend... I decided that would be the best idea, seeing how the thing has 420k on it... i can't see anywhere that it has been rebuilt but I'm sure it has... anyhow, custom converter on its way and all the parts to do the transmission...

fun times ahead!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode