It doesn't like to hook back to back? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Power

It doesn't like to hook back to back?

If you try to pull before a cool down it has no rpm's and pops. I'm looking for ideas. Like it did before the recent mods, BO, SHO's, springs and push rods. I'm running Syn 15/40 Amsoil.

The truck took a third last night in Deep Creek Md. It's running the best that it has to date. The Fuelab pump and new tunes from Jody are very strong.

Kevin

12v CONVERSION IN PROGRESS, Special thanks to:
South Bend Clutch, MOTORSPORTSSUPPLY.COM, Pure Diesel Power & Performance, Carson Stauffer Diesel Service, Weston Shupe, zstroken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 04:28 PM
Banned

Re: It doesn't like to hook back to back?

Are you aerating your oil on the first high rpm pass? What's your lube oil pressure doing during all this? Before the first run and then during the second?
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Power

That's what I'm thinking. I only have the stock idiot gauge. If it sets for 30 minutes it's fine. I pulled the second and third class pretty much back to back. There may have been ten or fifteen minutes between but I never shut it off. It actually set a SES lamp. I need to get to the shop to scan it.

Kevin

South Bend Clutch, MOTORSPORTSSUPPLY.COM, Pure Diesel Power & Performance, Carson Stauffer Diesel Service, Weston Shupe, zstroken

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 05:01 PM
Got Bost???

Kevin, I know that I tried running amsoil with my twin pumps and it sucked. Honestly I could feel the difference between it and rotella that I am running now. Take it for what its worth because that is just street use, no pulling, dyno, or racing using the two oils.

95 Ex. Cab Long Bed 4x4. Built.

01 Ex. Cab Long Bed Dually 4x4 6 Speed. Intake, Exhaust, Super Chips Tuned
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tow Mule
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Power

Are you running the syn Rotella?

Kevin

post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 05:27 PM
Banned

Even though my understanding of hydraulics pales in comparison to most people's....

I recently switched from Rotella synthetic to Schaeffers 7000 and picked up between 5 and 15 psi across the board.

I'll never go back. Course I actually have issues with oil aeration even though nobody else apparently does.

And FWIW, a SES light doesn't sound like an oil issue. But losing rpm and missing/popping directly after a high rpm pull does.
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 05:39 PM
Got Bost???

Nope just regular 15w-40. I would love to run something different but I dont know where to get ahold of any Schafers around here. Oil temps and conventional oil make me worry sometimes.

95 Ex. Cab Long Bed 4x4. Built.

01 Ex. Cab Long Bed Dually 4x4 6 Speed. Intake, Exhaust, Super Chips Tuned
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tow Mule
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 05:41 PM
Fat Kids Rule!

Send a message via AIM to House

hoter my truck is better it pulls

Joe "House" Kupferschmid
1995 F250 7.3 2.6 zf6 Puller
2006 Chevy 3500 CC DRW LBZ, Tow Slut
SOLD:2000 F350 harvester of sorrow

post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 05:42 PM
Banned

I got mine from JTHarvey on here.

But be forwarned..... that sh*t is green. I had no idea, it was a shocker.

lol.
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 05:43 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Even though my understanding of hydraulics pales in comparison to most people's....

I recently switched from Rotella synthetic to Schaeffers 7000 and picked up between 5 and 15 psi across the board.

I'll never go back. Course I actually have issues with oil aeration even though nobody else apparently does.

And FWIW, a SES light doesn't sound like an oil issue. But losing rpm and missing/popping directly after a high rpm pull does.
I have used Schaeffers 9000 but I must say I am pretty impressed with the 7000 that is in there now. I have about 8000 miles on it and it still feels as strong as the day it went in.

2002 F350 Lariat CC 4x4 4.10 DRW, with "the ultimate towing setup!": Nov 30, 1999 engine with Fluidampr, Melling LPOP, 910 springs and ARP headstuds, DP-Tuner, DI regulated return, AC singles with 80% over EDM nozzles, BTS dual HPOP, H2e, Spearco 6.0 IC and BTS tranny .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode