Tuning and chip question/comment... - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 75 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Tuning and chip question/comment...

I have several chips from differant tuners, and while switching them the other day (now that I have the Scan gauge, THANKS JOEY!!!) I noticed something....

Take a look at "Chip A" and "Chip B" Note the ICP pressures and Duty cycles at idle...

One idles MUCH quieter, but on my truck seems to cause more ICP issues. I can tell that this one would make more power if I had oil, but as of now it doesnt.

The other idles a bit louder, but pulls harder and doesnt cause the ICP issues as easy...

Later on I would like to name the chips, but for now lets just go with Chip A and Chip B...

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 75 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 04:26 PM
Colorado PowerStroke Club

Send a message via MSN to shayb
Re: Tuning and chip question/comment...

Joe,

Did you get both programs at the same time, thus telling the different tuners the same mods that you have and things that you wanted from the program or how you wanted it set up? Are they both econo, tow, dyno, race, what?

In other words, are they comparable programs?

Shay

Colorado Power Stroke Club & Colorado Diesel Truck Club Co-Founder
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My pictures:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 75 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 04:46 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
I have several chips from differant tuners, and while switching them the other day (now that I have the Scan gauge, THANKS JOEY!!!) I noticed something....

Take a look at "Chip A" and "Chip B" Note the ICP pressures and Duty cycles at idle...

One idles MUCH quieter, but on my truck seems to cause more ICP issues. I can tell that this one would make more power if I had oil, but as of now it doesnt.

The other idles a bit louder, but pulls harder and doesnt cause the ICP issues as easy...

Later on I would like to name the chips, but for now lets just go with Chip A and Chip B...
Hell I've got that all on one chip!

My "stockish power with b codes" tune runs about 600 ICP at idle. My tow tunes run about 700 to 750 at idle. I think the Extreme tune is around 700 as well. The stockish tune idles considerably quieter and is noticably quieter daily driving as well.

Your 942 psi at idle sounds like a but load of ICP to me though..........

Eric
96 F-350 CC Dually
300/100% B codes, Stealth dual pumps, H2E, BTS trans, ARP head studs, Comp 910 valve springs, Tyrant Tunes

6.0 IC, Fuelab electric fuel pump, NAPA 6637 air filter, ITP Overboost Annihilator, AeroTurbine 4040XL

post #4 of 75 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Both pictures are taken about 3 minutes apart, both on the most extream setting on the respective chips and both are set up for hybrids. One chip is about 3 months old, and the other about a week...

Nothing is strange about my truck other then the driver, stock oil, normal hybrids, BB turbo, HPO Crossover, fuel system...

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #5 of 75 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 06:53 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to blk99

Quote:
Nothing is strange about my truck other then the driver,
I have to agree...
post #6 of 75 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 06:55 PM
The Fireman

Send a message via AIM to big_stroker Send a message via Yahoo to big_stroker

so the one with the hi ICP is witch chip... the one with the problem or the other one?

1999.5 F-250 7.3l 4x4 6 spd Ported Heads, Head studs, valve springs, DI Push Rods, DI RR, 38R, Walbro fuel pump, 238cc Injectors from Nate @ Unlimited Diesel and Tuned by Matt @ Gearhead Automotive

post #7 of 75 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_stroker View Post
so the one with the hi ICP is witch chip... the one with the problem or the other one?

I want to reserve comment on that until a few more have giving there input, not trying to hang anyone, just thought it stange...

Like I said, one is much more powerful now, but the other obviously has the potential to be so with some more ICP pressures...

I have a theory on it but want to see what others have to say.

Joe
post #8 of 75 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 07:01 PM
The Fireman

Send a message via AIM to big_stroker Send a message via Yahoo to big_stroker

Quote:
I want to reserve comment on that until a few more have giving there input, not trying to hang anyone, just thought it stange...

Like I said, one is much more powerful now, but the other obviously has the potential to be so with some more ICP pressures...

I have a theory on it but want to see what others have to say.
im just trying to figure out if its "Chip A or B" that has the higher ICP and if thats the one the idles rought or quite i dont care for a tuners name

1999.5 F-250 7.3l 4x4 6 spd Ported Heads, Head studs, valve springs, DI Push Rods, DI RR, 38R, Walbro fuel pump, 238cc Injectors from Nate @ Unlimited Diesel and Tuned by Matt @ Gearhead Automotive

post #9 of 75 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

...Again I want to see what others think before giving that out... Sorry...

Joe
post #10 of 75 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 07:21 PM
Village Idiot

ok ..but my simple brain was expecting the numbers to be swapped..
seems like higher icp pressure should cycle less..
but the high pressure has the larger cycle &#37;.. am I blind , stupid or just don't know crap about icp.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode