Thanks Air Flow, FUELAB & DI - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Power

Thanks Air Flow, FUELAB & DI

Mike at Air Flow Systems received a new Fuelab pump as a promo to be a dealer. Shortly after my fuel pump took a dump. Well lucky me what better way for Mike to test it out. Um... problem! The pump was the wrong one. After I received it I started checking out the wiring and discovered it was for a carbureted application. The guys at Fuelab inform me that the pump could be wired to supply the needed fuel for my application. This is the good part. They said If I send it back they will either convert the internals or send me a complete new pump pre-wired. The only thing I will have to do is install it and hook up power and ground. With the amount of time I've been down they even agree to turn it around same day and overnight it back.

I spoke with Rick and an engineer at Fuelab. These guys are unreal. They are very confident in their product and have gone out of their way to help me. I'll keep everyone up to date on how it goes.

The SX in line filter will still be a direct fit with the Fuelab pump. I tried to source a replacement cartridge with no luck. A quick call to David at DI and problem solved. A replacement and a spare are on the way.

Mike
Hang in their buddy. I know you've been out the last couple days and you have bigger things to deal with. Thanks for all you've done.

Kevin

12v CONVERSION IN PROGRESS, Special thanks to:
South Bend Clutch, MOTORSPORTSSUPPLY.COM, Pure Diesel Power & Performance, Carson Stauffer Diesel Service, Weston Shupe, zstroken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 12:56 AM
Banned

Re: Thanks Air Flow, FUELAB & DI

I was actually talking to the head engineer about your pump today. Just didn't know it was yours until you posted this

I did some testing and those guys have been incredibly receptive to suggestions. Rob put together a different pump for me with a different processor and various other changes that will work even better with the 7.3 system.

He sent mine out today, and I think he had gotten yours when I talked to him earlier. He should be putting yours together the same way.

I think you will be very happy with it. And forget ever buying another pump.

Isn't that strange how I can still help you and airblow out when I don't even know I am? No matter how much sh*t y'all give me...

Those guys are incredibly sharp and know what they're doing. They make a damn good pump. All I did was make up a few voltage divider circuits and do some simple testing with my DVOM so I could give them some feedback on how to make it even better for these trucks. And within the week it's done. They're amazing.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 01:00 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

whats the projected price going to be? Is there a website for them, or does one of the vendors carry(plan to) them?

2005 F-250
Tuning by-Gearhead Automotive & Innovative
Performance Truck Products

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 01:01 AM
Banned

Well it looks like Airflow will have them. David got mine for me.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 01:07 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Power

I told them there have been discussions about their product here on the Nation. To be honest I never thought to drop your name. We've had some bad storms the last couple days and the phones have been terrible.
They seem very interested in the diesel market and never seem to be in a hurry to get off the phone. I'm very impressed.
Charles I may give you a hard time and you do very well also. I always listen!

Kevin

South Bend Clutch, MOTORSPORTSSUPPLY.COM, Pure Diesel Power & Performance, Carson Stauffer Diesel Service, Weston Shupe, zstroken
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 02:16 AM
Proud PSN Sponsor!

I've got 3 of their pumps sitting here. I do think that this is the pump we've been waiting for!

Dennis Schroeder - Co-Owner of Strictly Diesel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

/

Race Truck :: 6050# / 11.31 @ 120mph / Best 60' of 1.56 ... with "Built" Race Engine (Fuel Only!)
Race Truck :: 5980# / 10.965 @ 124mph / Best 60' of 1.54 ... with "Built" Race Engine (Nitrous)
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 03:42 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

*cough* Price? *cough*

2005 F-250
Tuning by-Gearhead Automotive & Innovative
Performance Truck Products
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 03:49 AM

I've seen exsisting Fuelabs partnumbers for around 350-400 bucks. Not sure if they'll have a diesel specific version or what ITP and AirFlo have in mind for pricing?
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 04:17 AM
What else?

Send a message via AIM to smokyred

When I put my fuel system together I would be willing to give these a try. Sounds like the price would be similar to an A1000 right?

Dave

'08 F250 6.4/Torqshift Spartan 310EL, Flo-Pro 4", White_monster air intake, RCD 4-link, RS9000's 584/1330

Taking a break from trucks to play with guns!

post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 04:18 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Power

Maybe a few bucks more.

Kevin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode